Shape Shifting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

've always had shape-shifting dreams all my life, but they used to be spread out over years. I've had two very vivid ones in the past two months.

In one I needed to fly, so I crouched down and when I jumped up into the air, I immediately transformed into a black crow. That was a some weeks ago now, so I don't remember much of the details of the story, except that I was in the desert with other changelings, we all took unique forms, and we needed to rescue someone, hence the need to fly.

In the most recent one, someone had entered our home while we were asleep. It was one of those dreams where everything is so real and true-to-life that it's hard to tell whether you are awake or dreaming. I remember that I kept on trying to open my eyes to figure out which was which, but in the dream when I opened them, all I saw was pitch-black. Anyways, this man had entered our home and was standing at the foot of our bed with a sword in his hand, silently staring at us with an intense glare. His eyes were large and crazy and rimmed in black He reminded me of the sort of character you'd see on Sinbad! :funny1: He was there to harm us, and Tyler was asleep, I was trying to wake him and warn him while at the same time trying to tell the Sinbad character to go away, but you know how it is in dreams - I couldn't get any sound out. It was really tense and scary in the dream. He was raising his blade to do his evil work and to save Tyler I jumped out of bed and transformed into a tiger to tackle the man - I remember feeling the whiskers grow out of my face and seeing my arm as a big strong tiger arm with orange and black striped fur striking down the man's raised arm, a white paw with huge claws sinking into the guy's shoulder and my fangs biting down on his neck as we fell to the floor.

I awoke as soon as my tiger form had tackled the man and had him safely pinned, and unable to hurt anyone. The whole room looked the same as it had in the dream, except for that there wasn't a tiger wrestling a Sinbad character on the floor by the foot of our bed.

#2 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

I had another dream where I shape-shifted into a tiger as a form of protection last night... In this instance, it was in defence against an undead (zombie-ish) version of myself. So I was in two places at once in the dream, but was only conscious as the me who shape-shifted into a tiger, who then crouched low, and growled to warn the undead me off.

Again, the whole sensation of being a tiger - the bristling whiskers, the snarling lips, the giant paws, the lashing tail warning of my discomfort with the situation - was all very vivid and real.

I have to look into some interpretations of this stuff!

#3 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,747 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Pretty far out, man. Never had a shape shifting dream before, not that I can recollect, anyway. I have some pretty good ones, and frequently lucid ones (yes!) - at least to some extent. The one trend I've noticed in mine is action adventure. Many of my dreams I'm on some sort of quest, or mission, and I'm the person who can save the day. I often have special powers. I was spiderman the other night - shooting webs, flying around, climbing up walls, the whole bit. Felt the web shit actually shoot out of my hands/wrist. (Felt kinda gross, actually...)

I love dreams.

I'm not a total lucid dreamer, but perhaps next time I'm aware, I'll think about that whole shape shifting thing. See what happens.

So you can feel your different body? You feel paws, or wings?

#4 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Lucid dreaming is amazing! I've experienced it a few times, and it is very powerful.

Yes, when I shape-shift, I can feel my whole physical being change - I van feel the claws, the hair, the bones under the skin... It's very visceral and real. This is twice now that I've changed into a Bengal tiger as a form of protection. It's also the first time I have seen multiples of myself in the dream, even tho I didn't actually inhabit the undead version of myself.

It was a good one!

#5 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,747 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Lucid dreaming is amazing! I've experienced it a few times, and it is very powerful.

Yes, when I shape-shift, I can feel my whole physical being change - I van feel the claws, the hair, the bones under the skin... It's very visceral and real. This is twice now that I've changed into a Bengal tiger as a form of protection. It's also the first time I have seen multiples of myself in the dream, even tho I didn't actually inhabit the undead version of myself.

It was a good one!

Sounds pretty badass. I've seen myself in a dream before, a few times. Never "been in two places at once" though. How would that feel? What would you see/experience? That would be a trip, dude.

So when you were a tiger, were you strong, and effective protector, or not able to move or do anything? I ask, because sometimes when I'm supposed to be 'strong' or doing something, sometimes I can't, I can't move, or I don't have strength, etc. Did you actually feel like a full-blown tiger, as far as its strength?

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've seen myself in dreams as tho watching a movie before, but have never seen myself as another being outside of who I am in the dream... It was me, but my conscious was not inhabiting that body.

Yeah, I'm fully whatever I shape-shift into, which is what makes it so amazing... I'm as mobile as ever in my new skin... The only times I've felt frozen in dreams is when I've been in my own shape, and like you, it's when I need to take some sort of serious action. I don't like that very much!!!

#7 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

http://www.gotohoros...tion-tiger.html

#8 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for posting that! Both times I transformed into a tiger were out of the need for protection, hmmm....

#9 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

warg'd