Daily Show Extended Interview - Ron Paul

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

It's a comedy show - no need to move the thread. :)

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Thanks.

#3 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

is there a youtube of this? i no longer have cable

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

just go to the daily show page and you can watch it there.

#5 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

is there a youtube of this? i no longer have cable

I originally embedded the recording, but it got removed when the thread was moved.

#6 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

I originally embedded the recording, but it got removed when the thread was moved.

why?

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

The P&R forum is not set up for certain embeds and such. Just like when I try to post a youtube in the health and fitness forum. Only the link will appear and the more complex the embed, the less likely it will work in the subforums.

I saw Uncle C's post this morning and it was the tech jargon for the embed. I just went to the site and watched the video.

#8 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

ah...my work computer is ancient and i can't really watch much other than youtube...comedy central has never worked for me

#9 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

Of all the people here to have a thread moved, a clip from Comedy Central non the less, I wouldn't have thought they'd disrespect you like this UC.

How lame :rolleyes:

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

As for the interview, I'm thankful that John gave Paul the time to speak about his views. I've read a lot of Ron's material and have been following him for years. This wasn't the best I've seen him explain his points.

Sometimes i think he forgets just how little his audience understands about free markets and regulations.

#11 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

i absolutely do not support a free open market that is allowed to run rampant the way it has...this is a huge gripe i have with ron paul and many others do also

on that other note, i can think of a few people that wanna silence any talk of mr paul on this board...obrahma brigade is scared of paul and have the power of sway around these parts

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

We havent had a free market.

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

http://mises.org/res...5f-f6f67385aebc

Paul subscribes the Austrian School of Economics. I would love to elaborate more in my owns words, but admittedly, economics isn't my strong suite. I'm working on it though and encourage others to familiarize themselves with economic principles before casting the free market idea to the wind. As I see it so far, we don't have and neveer have had a free market system.

#14 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

having a free market is trusting businesses to regulate themselves...what makes you think they would do that? he is also a global warming denier, which at this point in the game is just ludicrous...even i was a skeptic at one point

i'm all for individual freedom for actual individuals, but does paul acknowledge corporations as people? what would paul do to protect the environment?

i'm all for ending the fed and ending the wars, and these are HUGE issues for me that only ron paul has the balls to address properly, but you're giving up a lot to achieve those goals with him

#15 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

having a free market is trusting businesses to regulate themselves...what makes you think they would do that? he is also a global warming denier, which at this point in the game is just ludicrous...even i was a skeptic at one point

i'm all for individual freedom for actual individuals, but does paul acknowledge corporations as people? what would paul do to protect the environment?

i'm all for ending the fed and ending the wars, and these are HUGE issues for me that only ron paul has the balls to address properly, but you're giving up a lot to achieve those goals with him

This isn't the true nature of free markets. Poke around on your issues with Paul and you will see that it takes a bit of a tweak to get off the shit you've been fed about how it works.

The other questions can be answered by a little research and Paul's latest read 'Liberty Defined', gives a lot of the answers you are looking for. I too had many questions regarding his philosophy. While it isn't perfect, point me to which system is.....

#16 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

i'm personally of the thought that the stock market should be eliminated entirely...all it does is concentrate the wealth to the stock traders...the stock market doesn't make crops grow...it doesn't produce food...nature does...i could elaborate but i think you get the point i'm leaning to and it's cig break time:funny1:

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

it isn't the stock market that is the issue. It is the fiat currency in play that allows for the abuses of speculation and wild exchanges.

Seriously, vic. I'd love to have a discussion involving economics and free market understandings. I'm trying to grasp all of the concepts myself.

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

on that other note, i can think of a few people that wanna silence any talk of mr paul on this board...obrahma brigade is scared of paul and have the power of sway around these parts

it isn't just here. There are people everywhere that either dislike the idea of liberty, don't understand it or worse, prefer authoritarian rulers....

#19 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

it isn't just here. There are people everywhere that either dislike the idea of liberty, don't understand it or worse, prefer authoritarian rulers....

well well well aware that it's not just here