Suboxone/Subutex

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

yeah, it's not 12 step, but its a medically accepted way to get off of street opiates, much like methadone. Anyone have long term success with it? Is it normal to feel intense nausea after the first dose?
Thanks.

#2 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

I'm trying to kick the opiate thing to the curb for good, and i know i just don't have the willpower for cold turkey/NA, my withdrawals are just too strong, methadone maintenence never worked for me as it involves getting up at an ungodly hour (most ppl would see this as no big deal, but my line of work (human services) requires a lot of 2nd shift and awake overnight work so you can see how that might not work so well)
Subutex/Suboxone has the advantage of being dispensed by a doctor in an office setting, at a time convenient to the patient. Anyone with experience with this method please advise, if not, just send me good vibes, i can do this..........kicking a 12 year habit isnt going to be easy

#3 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

I know people who have used it successfully...but they are all in a 12 step fellowship as well..it works very well to actually get you detoxed from what i hear

#4 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:49 AM

I know a few people who have had success with them for prescription drugs.Some 12 steppers some not. I wish you the best and will include you in my thoughts and prayers.

#5 lil pixi

lil pixi
  • VibeTribe
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

Very effective, very wonderful drug.

Wonder drug, if you will.

Yes, extreme nausea is very common w/ the 1st dosage, until your body adjusts.
Try 1/4 - 1/2 a tablet.

I've seen this drug save many lives & addictions, w/o ANY of the side effects or dependency of a NASTY drug like Methadone.
Ppl STAY on that shit a LONG time, unable to come off it, walking around like zombies.

Suboxone, - very different story. The body could literally sustain itself w/o the use of opioids after only about a few days to a week, depending on the severity.

If you're truly looking to kick your opiate dependency w/ the aid of an effective drug, it WILL do the trick.

No grogginess, dopiness, horrible side effects (IN the correct dosage, of course :wink: ) Just being straight, normal & being able to go about your life. Also blocking the effects of any other opioids to ensure there's no risk of relapsing as long as the drug is taken correctly.

It's called a Naloxone blocker. And the actual low dose of opiate in the medication is the Buprenorphine. Pretty miraculous how it works, actually. How they couteract for the perfect chemical make-up.
Methadone is just another pharmaceutical dope.

Good luck. You can kick this dependency w/ the right aid & motivation.

#6 melanie

melanie
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I tried it 3x, and it did not work for me (no effect - was still sick as hell).
BUT, the 1st time i tried it, before i got in too deep, when it 1st came out, it worked great.

basically what ive heard is that if it would take more than 30mg of methadone to keep you from being sick, the "ceiling effect" of buprenorphine will prevent it from being effective. great for thoswe with milder, shorter-term opiate addiction.

#7 melanie

melanie
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

methadone maintenence never worked for me as it involves getting up at an ungodly hour (most ppl would see this as no big deal, but ......kicking a 12 year habit isnt going to be easy

Im with you ... ive been in ant out since sept and i HATE dealing with meth, always looking for a better solution. unfortunately, for me its been the ONLY thing that has even worked a little, so ive given in to the lesser of the 2 evils for now.

#8 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

just an update-been clean (from opiates. i still drink and so forth), for 4 days. This sounds like nothing but anyone who's been a hardcore opiate addict knows day 4 is the hardest. wish me luck.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

All best wishes & good luck Don Nucka!

#10 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

good luck

#11 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

good luck!

#12 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:51 PM

Sendin some good strong vibes brother!

#13 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

predictably, Phish lot kicked my dick in the dirt. I give up, I'm going on buprenorphine (Suboxone) tomorrow morning.

#14 melanie

melanie
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

good!!! i take it day 4 didnt pan out? day 3 was my worst not that 4 or 5 were much better. (who am i kidding hour 12 sucked too)

#15 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

I take one in the morning and one after dinner.Its a total miracle pill IMO.Withstains getting sick and I can deal with small and big situations throughout my day.I fell off the wagon a few months ago incase some of you dont know:crying:

#16 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

(((BAKD))) Sometimes we falter, but what matters is recognizing where that path leads and making the choice to climb back on the wagon. :heart:

Live for now, plan for the future, waste no energy in beating oneself up for
the past as it cannot be changed. Our choice is in each moment.

Much love and Strength to you BAKD and to you Don Nucka.

Don Nucka, you are intelligent, compassionate and have much to offer humanity
by doing the best you can in each moment. Never doubt yourself or let other's
judgements cloud your perception of or define who you are.

#17 PeaceDude17

PeaceDude17
  • VibeTribe
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Sorry I haven't posted on the board in a very long time.
I couldn't resist coming in here and talking with you all.
I couldn't believe what I read when I got to reading this thread.

Here is a group of the most loving, caring, peaceful, organic people on the face of the Earth. A byproduct of a generation of harmony. We're all here for the love of freedom, the love of saving the Earth.

Not one discussion on organic addiction alternatives? Surely you all know that spoiled white wine has over 1,000 uses. Surely we all know that ginger has the ability to stop nausea in its tracks. But I have not seen one discussion on entheogens to help with addiction?

Please PM me if you enjoy learning, if you enjoy living natural, if your having troubles kicking the methadone or the bupe. I'd love to teach you about a herbal that saved my life path. :heart:

#18 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

Sorry I haven't posted on the board in a very long time.
I couldn't resist coming in here and talking with you all.
I couldn't believe what I read when I got to reading this thread.

Here is a group of the most loving, caring, peaceful, organic people on the face of the Earth. A byproduct of a generation of harmony. We're all here for the love of freedom, the love of saving the Earth.

Not one discussion on organic addiction alternatives? Surely you all know that spoiled white wine has over 1,000 uses. Surely we all know that ginger has the ability to stop nausea in its tracks. But I have not seen one discussion on entheogens to help with addiction?

Please PM me if you enjoy learning, if you enjoy living natural, if your having troubles kicking the methadone or the bupe. I'd love to teach you about a herbal that saved my life path. :heart:

does that herbal happen to be kratom, by chance? If so, it almost saved me, but it was too expensive to stick with. Been taking suboxone since this post and it is working. looking to taper off it very slowly over the next month or so with a bit of kratom to help

#19 PeaceDude17

PeaceDude17
  • VibeTribe
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Yeah actually. I didn't want to say it on the forum.
(I don't like it getting into the wrong hands)

But yes, it will help with your withdrawals and it is completely natural.
I have been off of daily Perc/oxy/pills for over a year now thanks to it.
Its not healthy to be using anything daily, but I'm happy I got off the powerful, addictive, synthetic pills and onto something less physically addictive, and natural.

If anyone has any questions on this wonder herb please let me know.
It CAN and WILL help you get away from opiates and opiate antagonists, I promise!

#20 JoeBlue1983

JoeBlue1983
  • VibeTribe
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

You can stay clean, from anything and everything one day at a time with fellowship and a network. Remain vigilant and remember that your a miracle brother!!!

#21 altheasmama

altheasmama
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

i've been on methadone for almost a year and i hate it - the first few months were the worst sweating like crazy and gaining weight and being drowzy all the time but i'm going down on my dose and i'll be off of it for good in a few more months - i get take-outs for clean urines and good behavior so i don't have to go everyday anymore which helps but anyway yeah i can switch to suboxone but i don't really want to - i hate the taste of them and i'm afraid i'm just going to sell them and start using again- but yeah i know people who they have worked for - the only thing is that they don't take away aches and pains like methadone does and if you have any opiates in your system when you take a suboxone you will go into instant withdrawl and be extremely sick

#22 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

lots of strength to all in their pursuit of health and balance. :heart:
Posted via Mobile Device Powered By Terrapin

#23 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

dammit i kicked dope and now i'm IVing cocacola. FUCK

#24 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

dude, don't IV anything. and be careful of people's motives, always.

#25 one

one
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

yeah, it's not 12 step, but its a medically accepted way to get off of street opiates, much like methadone. Anyone have long term success with it? Is it normal to feel intense nausea after the first dose?
Thanks.

yes. as well as being up all damn night. its much better than methadone and doesnt have the nightmare withdrawal. i take it and withdrawal vanishes.

how much do you take?

#26 one

one
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

the only thing is that they don't take away aches and pains like methadone does and if you have any opiates in your system when you take a suboxone you will go into instant withdrawl and be extremely sick

ive taken suboxone along with fentanyl. the blockers dull the fentanyl a bit but no instant withdrawal. i think that was a dr started myth. im the asshole who had to test it:lol:

#27 .jazz.

.jazz.
  • VibeTribe
  • 932 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:15 AM

ive taken suboxone along with fentanyl. the blockers dull the fentanyl a bit but no instant withdrawal. i think that was a dr started myth. im the asshole who had to test it:lol:

if the shoe fits...

#28 jazzkid66

jazzkid66
  • VibeTribe
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

Thanks.

i think suboxone is a much better choice than methadone....
it lasts longer...

its used alot more in new england (in maine at least!)

i have never gotten sick from it,

but i do have a friend who gets sick from it everytime...
but then again we both take it recreationally..

#29 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

Im still on Suboxone and have been opiate free for about a year now.

#30 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Good job!:jamguy:

#31 sanity

sanity
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

I've had very good experiences with subutex, I've been on it since Jan '09. I was first rx'd 24mg/day and I am now down to 12mg/day and plan to be down to 8mg/day by the end of the summer. From there I want to taper down to 0mg/day but will do so with the help of my doc.

I am also in a 12 step program which helps with support but for me it boils down to personal responsibility. I do feel that it is a crutch but it has done its job well since I started taking it. I felt that trying to quit both dope and alcohol at the same time would have been too much at once which is why I started the subutex.

My goal is not to be taking subutex this time next year but if I still am, I will be ok with that. All I know is that I've been clean and sober for 15 months now and I have never felt better.

Feel free to pm me for any additional information.