Photo
- - - - -

If you support restoring the tex rates of millionaires and billionaires, please..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

President Obama has called on Congress to end the Bush tax cuts and restore the levels.. and proposing the "Buffett Rule," that would require millionaires and billionaires like Warren Buffett to pay taxes at the same rates as their secretaries. The revenue would fund the desperately needed jobs plan he announced last week.

That's one branch of the government ready to make things fairer.

Please call your Congressional representatives, write your Congressional representatives and tell them to support this.

One way to do that:
http://action.workingfamiliesparty.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4757&zip=

#2 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

why should I trust the government to create jobs and spend this money fairly?

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

#4 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

What plants are the government opening? What sectors? Who will be the CEOs? What are tex rates? What is Warren Buffets tax rate on his income?

#5 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

afterall, the millionaires and billionaires are not 30 something TRILLION in debt

Disclaimer: any implications in my statements don't imply anything[/SIZE]

#6 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

I take it you don't support restoring the tax rates of millionaires and billionaires.

This thread is not intended to be a debate. It is a call to action for those who agree on this point with the President.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

No, I do believe that the tax rates should be changed back to before the Bush era cuts (since we're already in the faulty system).

My posting an echo of meowmeow was in a joking manner.

I'm not going to bother debating bloated ineffective government "stimulus". The track record speaks for itself.

(and I already called my congressman's office)

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

What plants are the government opening? What sectors? Who will be the CEOs? What are tex rates? What is Warren Buffets tax rate on his income?

Ever heard the saying "good enough for government work." Well, yeah. There you have it. :lol:

#9 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

all I had to do was post something and BOOM! to the dustbin :lol:

Now that we're here.... the millionaires and billionaires are the ones that have created the massive debt of the past 10 years. And quite specifically the lunatic idea that cutting taxes on the rich would somehow help the 'job creators'... just that has added roughly $2 trillion in debt.

The real 'job creators' are not the super rich. It's been proven that when they get tax cuts mostly they use the money to further attempt to corrupt government and they park the extra cash. And the few times when they add jobs these days, they could give a crap about whether the jobs are in the US.

The real 'job creators' are the middle class.

We have to restore tax rates so we can cut the deficit. So we can create jobs

And the GOP will object because they are in the pocket of the oligarchy and they don't want to create jobs. They want unemployment to go higher. They want things to get worse, and they've done a darn good job doing it

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

:panic:

Both sides of the aisle, and the prez are in the pockets of the oligarchy.

True story. i can post the Obama and CEO of GE buddy photos if you like.

I just wish they all had to wear jumpsuits like NASCAR drivers with all of their sponsors names on them. At least then we would know who the "more evil" washington figures are.