nice toss, dirtbags

again...whiteshirts

#352 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

(I am not sure of cart vendor laws in NYC, but know that one I frequent near the office has moved when some construction came to their normal spot).

Not up on the laws re: food carts/trucks, but my guess is if you find a high traffic area where you can establish yourself & get a regular group of customers, you'll get the most profit by being a regular there. I don't know if you're locked into a certain area or spot with your license. I know there are turf wars (saw 2 hot dog vendors almost come to blows once -- pretty funny) so it might not be so easy to move since you may be invading someone else's claimed area. The food carts in my area seem to have established turf & always have lines.

Or, he could rename his business "Smoothie Greenburg" and custie the heck outta 1/2 the crowd :funny1: "I'll take one moo-moo and one mango song smoothie please"

I like this idea. :lol:

Edited by SunshineDrummer, 27 September 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#353 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

he could rename his business "Smoothie Greenburg" and custie the heck outta 1/2 the crowd :funny1: "I'll take one moo-moo and one mango song smoothie please"

heady pricing? 1 for 3, 2 for 5?

#354 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,804 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

nice toss, dirtbags

again...whiteshirts

I know your feelings about police, but yelling "get your fucking hands off them ... filthy fucking pigs" while legal isn't really the best idea in this type of situation, and the girl who was doing that was way out of line in my opinion.

Also, nonviolent resistance does not mean trying to prevent police officers from taking hold of people, even if the police are not justified in their actions, I support the cause, but some of the demonstrators just don't know what they're doing

also, the police would not have had to use so much force to pull the kid in purple out if the girl in yellow wasn't forcibly pulling in the other direction...

#355 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

You're right Vic all the cops are assholes just looking to beat heads and all the protesters are angels who are doing nothing wrong.

I know your feelings about police, but yelling "get your fucking hands off them ... filthy fucking pigs" while legal isn't really the best idea in this type of situation, and the girl who was doing that was way out of line in my opinion.

Also, nonviolent resistance does not mean trying to prevent police officers from taking hold of people, even if the police are not justified in their actions, I support the cause, but some of the demonstrators just don't know what they're doing

also, the police would not have had to use so much force to pull the kid in purple out if the girl in yellow wasn't forcibly pulling in the other direction...

What some of them are doing is inciting the crowd, which ends up putting everyone in danger.

There's a big difference between that and peacefully protesting but the peaceful protests don't make the news.

I doubt a lot of people heard about the protests they had in Israel over the summer that lasted for months and attracted hundreds of thousands of PEACEFUL protesters.

#356 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

this is what happens when phish is not on tour :rolleyes:

#357 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Or, he could rename his business "Smoothie Greenburg" and custie the heck outta 1/2 the crowd :funny1: "I'll take one moo-moo and one mango song smoothie please"

Brilliant! :lol:

I'm SO stealing that!

#358 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

From occupywallst.org:

On September 27th, 2011, we marched on the Financial District's Luxury Night Out, where couples wore outfits that cost more than we will ever make in a month and looked at cars that cost more than we will ever make in a year, afterward, they went back to one of their many houses that cost more than we will make in our lifetime.

I dunno...to me that sounds like juvenile whining:dunno:

They're rich so we hate them. What is this, the French Revolution?

#359 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Latest statement from Anonymous:

"Stop sending pizza. There's a mountain of it. " :lol:

#360 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

nice toss, dirtbags

again...whiteshirts

This.

You're right Vic all the cops are assholes just looking to beat heads and all the protesters are angels who are doing nothing wrong.

What some of them are doing is inciting the crowd, which ends up putting everyone in danger.

There's a big difference between that and peacefully protesting but the peaceful protests don't make the news.

I doubt a lot of people heard about the protests they had in Israel over the summer that lasted for months and attracted hundreds of thousands of PEACEFUL protesters.

and this.

#361 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

<iframe width="560" height="340" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/globalrevolution?layout=4&height=340&width=560&autoplay=false" style="border:0;outline:0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><div style="font-size: 11px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;width:560px">Watch <a href="http://www.livestream.com/?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="live streaming video">live streaming video</a> from <a href="http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Watch globalrevolution at livestream.com">globalrevolution</a> at livestream.com</div>

#362 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

wow...it worked :lol:

#363 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

:Phishfolk:

The cost my desire, to sleep now in the fire. YEAH!

#364 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thats how you shut it down.

#365 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

fer real :lol:

#366 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Why I Was Maced at the Wall Street Protests
Jeanne Mansfield

http://www.bostonrev...wall_street.php

#367 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Jeanne Mansfield

:shocked:

What if "they" want us to protest? What if they want to take on the public, declare a marshal law and just shut it down. I mean shut it right down? :gop:

#368 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Jeanne Mansfield

That was very well-written! I guess every protest needs one token smart person. :lol:

#369 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

i dont really post links but thought it was a good addition to the sub topic in here :)

#370 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

:shocked:

What if "they" want us to protest? What if they want to take on the public, declare a marshal law and just shut it down. I mean shut it right down? :gop:

you know a lot of people would love for that to happen:undecided:

#371 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image

:rotf:

We are late on this version of shutting it down it appears.

#372 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

:lol:

#373 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

Posted Image

:rotf:

We are late on this version of shutting it down it appears.

Sorry 4 Liberatin'

#374 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,548 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

anything going on in other parts of the country? picking up memento?

#375 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

I like movies though.

#376 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately this is pretty much what I expected out of this initial gathering :sad:

Hopefully they'll get their shit together soon

[B]Protesters

#377 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Yeah... not so hot... hopefully some of this angst can be directed and educated and funneled into the 10/6 movement because this is seemingly disarray at the moment. :undecided:

#378 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

Also :lol: :lol: :lol:

protesting is fun, governing is hard

Brilliant.

#379 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc711de7" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=44679119&width=420&height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc711de7" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=44679119&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

http://www.msnbc.msn...679119#44679119

#380 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

The big white empty box. i knew it would rear its ugly head. :funny1:

#381 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...ner=rss&emc=rss

MADRID

#382 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

The big white empty box. i knew it would rear its ugly head. :funny1:

the internets are broken

#383 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

won't let me copy the photo to post it

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Airplane pilots march on Wall Street
Hundreds of pilots from United/Continental showed up in full dress and made a show in support for their union during an ongoing labor dispute. They stood in an area on Broad Street, near Wall Street and the Stock Exchange

#384 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

like i said earlier, there is a pattern...every single one of theaggressive officers attacking people unprovoked have been whiteshirts...these are higher ranking officers and the ones in blue seem to be doing a fine job...i never said all the cops are assholes senselessly attacking people, but there is a definite pattern here and it is not a cooincidence

#385 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image
Image by Dan Nguyen

#386 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Why “Occupy Wall Street” Critics Are More Clueless Than the Protesters
By Alain Sherter | September 27, 2011 inShare10
Financial Folly
Alain Sherter
Henry Blodget purports to have no idea what the “Occupy Wall Street” protestors in Manhattan’s Liberty Plaza really want. The NYT and other major media outlets are equally baffled, characterizing the movement as rudderless or downright loony. Even Mother Jones, the lefty pub named after a famous 19th century labor organizer, sniffs at what it describes as the demonstrators’ feckless “posturing.”

Do tell. Such critiques say far more about the media’s discomfort with popular dissent than about the dissent itself, let alone the public fury animating it. In fact, there is nothing particularly mysterious about what the protesters are asking for even if their demands aren’t spelled out in ways that newspaper editors tend to like (note to rabble-rousers — try bullet points next time).

Occupy Wall Street declares its mission straight out: to “restore democracy in America.” The group also wants to end “the influence money has over our representatives in Washington.” Presumably, the young women who were pepper-sprayed by a New York City policeman this week want the ability to exercise their constitutional rights without getting temporarily blinded. Other protestors simply want a chance:

“I used to a have great construction job, and (now) I can’t find a job for more than $10 a hour,” said Brandon Szalay, 28, from Boulder, Colo. “I can pay my rent, but I can’t buy my groceries and I can’t pay my electric bill. It’s not good. I’ve got all sorts of skills, but they tell me I’m either overqualified or underqualified.“

Here’s what someone else at the rally wants:

My home has been seized, I’m unemployed, there’s no job prospects on the horizon. I have two children and I don’t see a future for them.

And they smell!

Gee, seems straightforward enough — decent work and a future for their kids. And maybe, just maybe such aspirations are under threat these days from the mounting corporate clout in Washington, as Republican leaders abandon all pretense of representing average Americans and as President Obama surrounds himself with emissaries from Wall Street.

Does our media, its fingers pressed as ever to the country’s pulse, really need such testimonies to draw a link between the harm inflicted on the U.S. economy by large financial firms, by the torrent of corporate dollars into our politics, and the economic fate of millions of Americans? Dumb question. Of course they don’t. Journalists (and even the odd financial pundit) understand such connections all too well. News Corp. (NWS), the company that made the Tea Party, has assigned an entire TV network to exploiting such public outrage.

But comprehending these political and socioeconomic forces isn’t the same thing as confronting them. That leaves Blodget’s rag, Business Insider, free to focus not on the Occupy Wall Street protesters’ message, but on their apparent lack of hygiene. Julia La Roche writes:

[A] bunch of the protesters confessed to me that they have not showered since the start of the movement. In my opinion, the smell is extremely pungent. And the camp site is littered with trash, cardboard and garbage bags piled up.

Populism in this formulation is framed not only as figuratively dirty — it must literally stink. All those gross hippies packed into a little park! Journalistic “objectivity,” by contrast, is a freshly pressed skirt. And what about the vectors of privilege and power fusing together Wall Street and Capitol Hill — how does that smell?

Underwear sniffers

It isn’t only the business press that blur their eyes in scrutinizing Occupy Wall Street’s complaints, that turn away revolted at the merest whiff of revolution. For instance, the NYT’s banner story about the demonstration last weekend wasn’t by one of its metro-desk reporters, but by cultural critic Ginia Bellafante.

Unsurprisingly, she focuses on the atmospherics at Zuccotti Park, seizing on the sight of a protester’s “cotton underwear” (sure it wasn’t rayon?) as evidence of the group’s “intellectual vacuum.” Bellafante also professes confusion about their aims, claiming that Occupy Wall Street’s cause is “virtually impossible to decipher.” She, too, can’t resist getting in a dig:

The group’s lack of cohesion and its apparent wish to pantomime progressivism rather than practice it knowledegeably is unsettling in the face of the challenges so many of its generation face — finding work, repaying student loans, figuring out ways to finish college when money has run out.

Bellafante is entitled to her personal distaste for Occupy Wall Street. But for the Times to use its megaphone to disparage the movement’s tactics as somehow inauthentic isn’t just to engage in inappropriate editorializing — it also shows a deep ignorance of the history of American progressivism, where wild-and-woolly protest has been the norm for well over a century.

As Abbie Hoffman, himself a famous director of absurdist theater in his day, once said, “Never impose your language on people you wish to reach.” And would Bellafante have so glibly ridiculed the “Bonus Marchers,” I wonder, the World War I vets who descended on Washington in 1932 to demand payment Congress had previously granted them (and some of whom were killed for their troubles)?

Send in the clowns

Newspaper “coverage” often amounts to its own kind of dissimulation. Yet the bias on display in such articles isn’t simply a case of sloppy language. It reflects how many in the commentariat really think. As a result, caricaturing the Occupy Wall Streeters as smelly, incoherent buffoons isn’t merely to diminish their message — it is to stage a counter-revolution.

The aim? To reinforce the existing arrangements of power that, among other things, have tended to erode the media’s impulse (never very strong, it’s worth noting) to undress the powerful. These “jerry-built modes of thought,” as historian Lawrence Goodwyn, a leading scholar of the progressive movement, called them in “The Populist Moment,”

… have served to help protect traditional elites by strewing complicated psychological and emotional roadblocks in the path of those with unsanctioned but relatively thoughtful innovations. So pervasive have been these habits of thought that established hierarchies have tended to be defended as venerable repositories of good sense when they are, in fact, merely powerful and orderly.

A complementary presumption is that insurgent movements are nonsensical.

That presumption is starkly evident in much of the coverage of Occupy Wall Street. Yet it also highlights the group’s — and any mass movement’s — power: to unite people in a common experience and a common tongue. In this case, that experience often means being out of work for years. It means losing your home. For most of us, it may mean watching our kids lose their grip on the economic ladder. Surely financial insecurity is something we can all understand.

So what does Occupy Wall Street want? You’re a smart guy, Henry. Figure it out.

Thumbnail by David Shankbone via Wikimedia Commons, CC 2.0; photo of signs by Charles Wilbanks

#387 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

NEW YORK -- Ten days of living in a concrete New York City park and you would never guess the bandana-wearing Thorin Caristo, of Plainfield, Conn., was a father of two and dealer in antiques.

"I've gotten about 24 hours sleep in the last 10 days," Caristo said Monday, looking very much like a man living on the street. "It's been rough."
Caristo, 37, is one of about 300 regular "residents" of Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan, although the inhabitants -- who are there to protest what they call Wall Street's greed, the weak economy and a host of other causes -- have been calling the park by its former name, Liberty Plaza. They're looking to get corporate money out of politics, among other things.

Their protest, already more than a week old, has only now begun to catch national attention. Last weekend, 87 people were arrested and one girl was pepper-sprayed by a police officer. Critics of the movement, called "Occupy Wall Street," say it is too fragmented and lacks the weight of numbers needed to really effect change in the country, though supporters say that day is coming.

As they camp across the street from the New York City headquarters of the Nasdaq Stock Market and the dispute resolution office of the Financial Regulatory Authority, the group's numbers rise and fall throughout the day, and by around 4 p.m. on Monday, were closer to 700. The protesters have created a little village in the park -- complete with medical and media centers, a food dispensary and room in the evening for people to lay out sleeping bags, tarps and tents over mattresses and carpets. By nightfall, documentary filmmaker Michael Moore had stopped by for a surprise visit.

On several websites, various protesters are calling for President Barack Obama to form a committee to eliminate undue corporate influence on politics.

"I didn't need any convincing to come here," Caristo said, explaining why he left the comfort of home to join the protest. He said he has had a sense things were going wrong in this country since he graduated from high school in the 1990s and could only afford a year at Eastern Connecticut University before having to quit and find work.
Like many of the other protesters, he said he sees a nation where access to opportunity appears to be driven by wealth and where government is more responsive to corporate interests than the good of the people. He said a constant striving to increase profits is not sustainable, and people need to think more about the greater good. It's a personal issue, too, he said, as he has watched friends and families struggle to make ends meet, and he worries about his own children's future.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.co...p#ixzz1ZFzkox2f

#388 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

On several websites, various protesters are calling for President Barack Obama to form a committee to eliminate undue corporate influence on politics.

Yes, a committee formed by someone in their pocket should solve everything :bang:

#389 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

:bang:

Yeah, we really need more government to help with all of this corrupt and wasteful government we have.

#390 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

3 arrested in morning march
no brutality, but not sure why
one wearing black mask
there was a woman marching topless, not sure if she was one

there already have been arrests for wearing masks...thought they would know by now not to do that

#391 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

Posted Image

Cornell West

#392 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 29,935 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Susan Sarandon there now. Unfortunately, the audio feed is terrible. From what little I can hear, sounds like she's asking some good questions.

Why did I ever make the Witches of Eastwick? Why didn't I win for Lorenzo's Oil? Who let me agree to star in Stepmom?

#393 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

http://www.telegraph...k-Exchange.html

Protesters plan to occupy London Stock Exchange
A group of protesters are organising an occupation of the London Stock Exchange to bring attention to what they see as unethical behaviour on the part of banks, following a similar demonstration on Wall Street.

Protesters hope to occupy the London Stock Exchange "for a few months". Photo: AFP
By Matthew Sparkes
2:43PM BST 28 Sep 2011
Comments
In a Facebook group called Occupy the London Stock Exchange organisers call on crowds to march on the exchange's headquarters at Paternoster Square and fortify it with tents and barricades "for a few months".

"Beginning on October 15, we want to see at least over 20,000 people flood into lower St Pauls, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy the London Stock Exchange for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices," reads the description of the protest on Facebook.

"The beauty of this new formula, and what makes this novel tactic exciting, is its pragmatic simplicity: we talk to each other in various physical gatherings and virtual people's assemblies … we zero in on what our one demand will be, a demand that awakens the imagination and, if achieved, would propel us toward the radical democracy of the future … and then we go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen..."

According to the group the protest will begin at 4.30pm on Saturday October 15 and run until 11am on December 12.

The event currently has 170 confirmed attendees, with a further 96 tentative yes's, despite the site failing to list any aims or objectives for the event, or exactly what is being protested.

#394 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

well all hope for this getting tv coverage is now gone with the micheal jackson trial going on

#395 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,706 posts

I don't know about mementos, but hopefully they're picking up momentum:wink:

:funny1:

no I'm just kidding. So did everyone except you knew what she meant?

#396 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

why have this all over the country?? why not combine their numbers and really make an impact somewhere?

#397 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,706 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

[quote name='Joker']Unfortunately this is pretty much what I expected out of this initial gathering :sad:

Hopefully they'll get their shit together soon

[B]Protesters

#398 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Ladies and gentleman, we are currently cruising down Wall Street because we are fed up with our bosses! Pilots stage protest
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:02 AM on 28th September 2011

Comments (4) Add to My Stories Share Wall Street saw yet another surge in protesters today - as hundreds of Continental and United Airlines pilots demonstrated in New York City's financial district.

Over 700 hundred activists, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) carriers, took their grievances to the streets as they protested for wages and benefits in light of a stalled merger between the airlines.

The demonstration coincided with the 11th straight day the Occupy Wall Street encampment, which has seen thousands of demonstrators descend onto downtown Manhattan - and hundreds arrested.
Posted Image
United: Over 700 hundred Continental and United pilots, joined by additional pilots from other Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) carriers, demonstrate in front of Wall Street on Tuesday

Posted Image

Organised: The pilots want to draw attention to the lack of progress on negotiations of the pilots' joint collective bargaining agreement ahead of the one-year anniversary of the corporate merger close date
Continental's ALPA unit announced the union rally, saying the company needed to 'get serious' about negotiating a joint contract.

United officials have said they want a fair contract and have been meeting with pilots from both unions since August 2010, arguing that none of the major sections dealing with work rules, pay, scope/job protection or retirement/benefits has been resolved.
Management wanted a deal in place by the end of 2011, but said over the summer the target would be missed. No new date has been set.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1ZGDgz6CG

#399 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

once we get the unions involved, this shit is on.

#400 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

they must have been advised of what I said about getting in my way at Lunchtime :rolling:

:lol: