Occupy Wall St.

• Please log in to reply
2328 replies to this topic

#201 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

The government program known as "TARP" popularly referred to in the media as the "bank bailout":

a. cost US taxpayers billions of dollars
b. was used to pay bonuses for Wall Street bankers
c. was highly profitable for US taxpayers

#202 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

the slow motion youtube looks bad for tony baloney. it was a wise move to publish his name. the guy seems like a loose cannon.

#203 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

Welcome. You must be new. :heart::gop::cry1:

thanks

#204 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

yeah. :rasta:

#205 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

n shit

#206 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

http://video.foxnews...-street-protest

How about this one? Looks like a bunch of screaming girls trying to create an incident pretending to have been sprayed by pepper spray that is nowhere in evidence. And this is their own footage.

Oh and then getting their buddies to report it as "mace."

oh really?

:gop::huh:

#207 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

:gop::huh:

What do you want me to say? I got that one wrong. They were sprayed alright, the slo-mo footage is pretty indisputable.

It doesn't make the "one demand" to end poverty, punish everyone who works in finance, and take any opportunity to piss and moan any less ludicrous.

Have you ever been pepper sprayed before? I have. It hurts for a bit, then it goes away. Not exactly like being beaten with a nightstick.

#208 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

What about the demands to end capital punishment, corporate censorship, and wholesale profiteering at the cost of human rights? Are those demands also ludicrous because you happen to work in the industry that is most under fire here? :dunno:

What does your argument about pepperspray have to do with anything? it is still an abuse of power and a blantant overstepping of the boundaries of their authority no matter how minor you would like to downplay it to be. And yes, I have been pepper sprayed, I've been cs sprayed, tazed once and tear gassed. Do they have to draw blood in order for you to consider it overkill or brutality?

#209 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

way off base, julius. !

#210 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

Have you ever been pepper sprayed before? I have. It hurts for a bit, then it goes away. Not exactly like being beaten with a nightstick.

really disappointed by your position here.

#211 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,432 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

everything will be ok...as soon as the balls get licked. trust me on this

#212 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,859 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

like my pepper spray'd ballz and have a nice day :lol:

#213 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

!

#214 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Queens Councilman Peter Vallone Jr. said the safety of New Yorkers always comes first.

"You certainly cannot take over a New York City street. That is a serious situation. We have emergency vehicles to get through, people have actually jobs to get to, unlike these protestors, apparently," said Vallone. "And the police have every right to use the force that they deem necessary to arrest if people aren't cooperating."

Vallone went on to say he believes the NYPD acted well within its rights.

He believes videos posted by demonstrators on the Internet only show the worst of the situation.

Zuccotti Park, where the protesters are camped out, is privately owned by Brookfield Global Real Estate. On Sunday, workers passed flyers from the company with a list of rules, including no camping or sleeping bags.

As of Sunday, the company had not asked protestors to leave, but it was working with the city to restore the park to its intended purpose.

#215 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

yeah, the only people allowed to take over new york streets are those within the banking cartel :coffee:

#216 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

yeah, the only people allowed to take over new york streets are those within the banking cartel :coffee:

But of course:coffee:

#217 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Like the mayor?

#218 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

!

freakin unwatchable - it was like a badly done Monty Python skit with the crowd repeating what he said every few words... I kept waiting for someone to say Wewease Bwian
Posted Image

I was really curious as to what he had to say, but that damned crowd ruined it. They occupied his speech!

#219 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Are those demands also ludicrous because you happen to work in the industry that is most under fire here? :dunno:

i like this guy :joker:

seriously julius? who the hell do you work for? your posts have been disturbingly full of bullshit and you've actually gone as far as to say there's nothng wrong with the economy...yr seriously barking up the wrong tree bro

#220 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

iirc he is a day-trader.
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe based on his posts he does a good bit of trading.
and not in the GDF kinda way.
"Hey brahhhhh, I'll trade you this heady crystal for a 2 strip." :wink1:

#221 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

"Governments don't rule the world, Goldman-Sach rules the world... My Prediction is, in less than 12 months the savings of millions of people are going to vanish and this is just the beginning."

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lqN3amj6AcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#222 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

iirc he is a day-trader.
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe based on his posts he does a good bit of trading.
and not in the GDF kinda way.
"Hey brahhhhh, I'll trade you this heady crystal for a 2 strip." :wink1:

:lmao:

#223 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

They are not allowed to use anything that is amplified. the human microphone is the only way for a speaker to convey their message to the whole group. is it effective for video? no. is it effective for communicating with the people on the ground? yup. :dunno:

#224 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

way off base, julius. !

This guy seems to be talking a lot of shit and I seriously doubt he has any first hand knowledge to back up his claims as to why the police did what they did to those people. Plus he's dead wrong when he claims the protesters aren't doing anything that is legal grounds for arrest.

If 'they" get the protesters and cops fighting against each other it's going to make it that much more acceptable to the general public when they finally call in the military to "restore order"

Buckle up kids, it's going to be a bumpy ride

#225 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

"Governments don't rule the world, Goldman-Sach rules the world... My Prediction is, in less than 12 months the savings of millions of people are going to vanish and this is just the beginning."

ha! i fooled those greedy wall street f*ckers! i ain't GOT any savings! make THAT disappear, b*tches! :Phishfolk:

#226 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

if you think it isn't being taken seriously keep watching...what was getting no press time up to this past saturday is now all over the news, even though the news is spinning it to not be taken seriously...this movement had no leaders, and now the leaders are starting to show up...the leaders are announcing solidarity, as noam chomsky has...the movement is popping up in other cities, it's all over the internet, and you're goddamn right it's being taken seriously

#227 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

This guy seems to be talking a lot of shit and I seriously doubt he has any first hand knowledge to back up his claims as to why the police did what they did to those people. Plus he's dead wrong when he claims the protesters aren't doing anything that is legal grounds for arrest.

bullshit...the cops are clearly the ones trying to incite a riot...find me one video, and police are filming too so don't try to tell me the protesters are spinning, show me one single piece of evidence that a protester assaulted a cop...i challenge you...90% of the assaults by officers seem to be coming from the sergeants in white shirts also and rumors have it that many many cops called out of work saturday...the evidence on the ground is clear...the cops are there to intimidate...they are there to bully, and they are there to send a message to others of what will happen to them if they dissent...sooner or later the police will realize they're protecting the wrong team

#228 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

You're wrong Vic. I'd bet the vast majority of those cops would be more than happy if there was no confrontation at all. Hell, this affects their lives too.

I don't doubt for a second that there's at least a few on both sides that would like things to heat up

#229 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

oh really? from many of the posts on this thread, sounds like it's been a media blackout. :dunno:

notice how you're using past tense and so is he?
arrests = media coverage.

#230 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

You're wrong Vic. I'd bet the vast majority of those cops would be more than happy if there was no confrontation at all. Hell, this affects their lives too.

I don't doubt for a second that there's at least a few on both sides that would like things to heat up

of course there are a few on both sides...that's the nature of things...cooler heads have undeniably prevailed on the protesters side...how do you justify the pepper spray incident? how do you justify the woman that got dragged 15 feet? or the guy that was holding a flag and backing up that got chased down and trounced? or last week the guy who was simply sitting down banging on a *** with a spoon that the cops (white shirts of course) grabbed by either side and launched into the air a good 5-7 feet face first onto the ground? tell me what protester you saw attack a cop?

#231 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

the sad truth.

#232 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

oh really? from many of the posts on this thread, sounds like it's been a media blackout. :dunno:

it took 8 days to get media coverage...they thought it was gonna go away...it didn't...and it won't

#233 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

ya, I understand that part of it
without the arrests, there isn't much else to cover

tell that to the tea party:rolleyes:

#234 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

of course there are a few on both sides...that's the nature of things...cooler heads have undeniably prevailed on the protesters side...how do you justify the pepper spray incident? how do you justify the woman that got dragged 15 feet? or the guy that was holding a flag and backing up that got chased down and trounced? or last week the guy who was simply sitting down banging on a *** with a spoon that the cops (white shirts of course) grabbed by either side and launched into the air a good 5-7 feet face first onto the ground? tell me what protester you saw attack a cop?

Without seeing everything that occurred I can't justify any of it.

We don't know what any of those people did before the videos started. We don't even know if there was video of the protesters doing something wrong beforehand that was purposely not shown.

Watch when the cops grab any of the protesters, like it or not, any hand you see reaching in trying to grab either the cops or the protester is someone doing something illegal. Likewise anyone getting in the way of a cop trying to grab someone is doing something illegal.

#235 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Without seeing everything that occurred I can't justify any of it.

We don't know what any of those people did before the videos started. We don't even know if there was video of the protesters doing something wrong beforehand that was purposely not shown.

Watch when the cops grab any of the protesters, like it or not, any hand you see reaching in trying to grab either the cops or the protester is someone doing something illegal. Likewise anyone getting in the way of a cop trying to grab someone is doing something illegal.

well i've been watching everything...all of it...noone tried to grab any cops...their attacks are clearly unprovoked and in most cases the videos show quite a few seconds before the police attacks

#236 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

you're there? you have been present for each arrest?

no...cameras have

it's a classic police copout to say "you didn't see what happened before the film started rolling"

yes you do...in the 2 worst videos there is a good 15 seconds of pre-attack footage

#237 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

you're there? you have been present for each arrest?

this is real easy...if there was ANY footage...and i mean ANY footage of the protesters breaking laws, antagonizing law enforcement, etc., it'd be plastered EVERYWHERE as justification for the police to shut it down. period.

the surprising dearth of such footage tells me it doesn't exist yet.

#238 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

show me

show me! show you!

#239 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

who would be posting it?

probably the cops with cameras of their own that can be seen in many of the videos :coffee:

#240 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

well i've been watching everything...all of it...noone tried to grab any cops...their attacks are clearly unprovoked and in most cases the videos show quite a few seconds before the police attacks

Maybe you're only seeing what you want to see. There's more than a few grabbing at them when they pull the girl dressed in black wearing the backpack through the barricade, and it certainly seems like some of the protesters are trying to breach that barricade. Do I hear screams of tear it down?

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the girl in the gray tank top (holding what looks like a cover to a pan?) that's in the middle of that scene grabbing the arm of the cop in white, is the same one that's screaming after getting sprayed.

#241 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

who would be posting it?

probably the cops with cameras of their own that can be seen in many of the videos :coffee:

:lol:

#242 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

yeah, I know there are cops with cameras
who is to say when they'll release their footage, if ever

i'd imagine the second people started yelling "police brutality!" would've been the right time for them to say "no, actually, here's what you didn't see" and present that to the casual observer so's we can makes our own judgements.

sure looks like a lack of quality material, if you ask me... :wink:

#243 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

The very statement:

just because we haven't seen any other footage yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist :wink:

is, in fact, also speculation.

This is a message board. where people share their opinions on subjects.
protip: opinion is a synonym of speculation...
http://thesaurus.com/browse/opinion

oh, right. i'm supposed to :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

#244 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

You should all be down on wall st. protesting with the group.

#245 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Perhaps the police are just gathering their footage and will make it public at a later time or they'll use it to refute any actual charges that are brought against them.

Not showing your cards until the hand is over isn't really a bad idea

#246 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,367 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Perhaps the police are just gathering their footage and will make it public at a later time or they'll use it to refute any actual charges that are brought against them.

Not showing your cards until the hand is over isn't really a bad idea

perhaps.

of course, making it public immediately would reduce the probability of said charges ever being made in the first place, and perhaps help them show cause to legally disperse the protesters, if that's what they're looking to do. there's really no reason not to show it if you've got it right now, because the negative PR is something the NYPD really doesn't want or need.

#247 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

You should all be down on wall st. protesting with the group.

I'm waiting for you to quit first. :funny1:
I figure I'll need a guide who knows the area better than I.
:devil:

srsly, finances.
hoping to head down monday - tuesday.

#248 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

yeah, I know there are cops with cameras
who is to say when they'll release their footage, if ever

are you being serious right now? :lmao:

#249 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

show me

you can look through this very thread

but here's one that wasn't posted...white shirt...again

#250 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

I was down thar yesterdee. Prolly go back this weekend if they can bring in a rush. Right now, from what i saw there are just a lot of hippies who want more tunes, man.

I'll be putting together some cds full of documentaries and links to educational content to hand out.

Again, though. I feel this is the wrong place to work for a demand in change.