#151 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,802 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

The Occupy Wall Street Protestors Are Starting To Get Foul
Julia La Roche | Sep. 26, 2011, 3:02 PM

We're now entering the second week of the non-violent protestors from "Occupy Wall Street" taking over the Financial District.
The basic premise of the demonstrations seems to be a protest against the banks and the government. We're still not sure what their exact message is or if they even have a solution to the problem.

Over the weekend, things got ugly with more than 80 protestors arrested and a group of women protestors shrieking after being maced in the face by police.

We decided to take a stroll through their encampment at Zuccotti Park this weekend and here's some things we noticed:

Poor hygiene: While wandering through the camp site, I asked several people how long they've been there and if they've taken a shower. Some people said they would go to friends' apartments to clean up. However a bunch of the protestors confessed to me that they have not showered since the start of the movement. In my opinion, the smell is extremely pungent. And the camp site is littered with trash, cardboard and garbage bags piled up.

Nudity: At least two women had their naked breasts exposed. Apparently, it is legal. (I asked a police officer nearby.) But there's no question it's inconsiderate. The site is surrounded by popular tourist destinations in the Financial District and there are tons of families with young children that frequent those locations.

Drugs: Another thing that caught me by surprise was the use of marijuana. I walked right by a protestor smoking **** in broad daylight. The police must have been just 20 feet away too. If you're at a protest site surrounded by hundreds of police officers and trying to get out your important message out, then it's probably not the best idea to light one up!

Is this from W.A.S.P. weekly

#152 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,178 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

I hope TASB isn't allergic to W.A.S.P.s. :eek:

#153 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

i cant believe the media blackout on this...what are we in iran now??

#154 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

i cant believe the media blackout on this...what are we in iran now??

Right?!

#155 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,802 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Well honestly you have a bunch of people protesting with no singular goal. It just looks like idiocy and I am all for a good protest but seriously. What should the media be reporting.

#156 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thought I had posted the link already. He left out the best part

Please follow Clusterstock on Twitter and Facebook.
Follow Julia La Roche on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.businessi...6#ixzz1Z61eG9jk

#157 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Well honestly you have a bunch of people protesting with no singular goal. It just looks like idiocy and I am all for a good protest but seriously. What should the media be reporting.

ummm...i dont know, there are people getting arrested by the truckload on wall st.?:lol:

i mean channel 7 just did a 10 min piece bragging bout there own studio. when someone farts in the tri state are we hear about it. its news...and its being ignored.

#158 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,949 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

#159 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,949 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

What media blackout...it was all over CNN when I went home for lunch.

#160 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

What media blackout...it was all over CNN when I went home for lunch.

ok..."this apparent media blackout" (to me)
happy?:gop:

#161 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,949 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

http://ireport.cnn.c...8378?hpt=hp_bn2

http://www.foxnews.c...t&submit=Search

#162 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

http://ireport.cnn.c...8378?hpt=hp_bn2

http://www.foxnews.c...t&submit=Search

i reject your reality and substitute my own

#163 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

ok...i saw a 30 second piece on eyewitness news...the blackout is over

#164 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,949 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

Augie just got cable/digital TV. :funny1:

#165 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

seriously cause the UHF wasnt tellin me shit:dunno: :lol:

#166 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Well it took a whole bunch of years, but there's finally a Fox News report I wholeheartedly agree with!

http://video.foxnews...upy-wall-street

#167 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

a cnn Ireport isn't the same as coverage by CNN, come on, anyone can submit those ireports, they are viewer submitted reports, not actual coverage by CNN reporters, and you have to dig to find them

#168 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

http://video.foxnews...-street-protest

How about this one? Looks like a bunch of screaming girls trying to create an incident pretending to have been sprayed by pepper spray that is nowhere in evidence. And this is their own footage.

Oh and then getting their buddies to report it as "mace."

#169 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

my comment was valid
after 10 straight days, it must be getting stinky there:wink:

The stink ain't from those beautiful folks gathering peacefully there. It has been there long before they arrived and unfortunately will be there long after they leave....:undecided:

#170 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

If not for a pretty sick kitty that I have to pretty much medicate around the clock, I would be there this weekend.

#171 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

How about this one? Looks like a bunch of screaming girls trying to create an incident pretending to have been sprayed by pepper spray that is nowhere in evidence. And this is their own footage.

Look carefully toward the right of the frame. You'll see two NYPD supervisory officers (white shirts - lieutenants or higher ranked) approach from across the street. The one on the right reaches down to his right side and removes a device from a holster. He then sprays one pass on the three women closest to the barricade. It's very quick, so watch carefully. Correctly or incorrectly, they were definitely sprayed.

#172 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

Of course, someone has a slow-motion version enabling the untrained eye to see the action:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TZ05rWx1pig?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#173 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

It's quite the scene down there. That's all. Slow today. See ya'll later in the week if they keep it going.
I'm going to give out some educational information because it IS a lot of the young 20s crowd. Some partyin', some milling around. Mostly no organization outside the "camp".

Go check it out and decide for yourself.

#174 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

Yeah there's a slow motion video of that spraying someplace. Those girls were screaming for attention tho :wink:

A lot of what I've seen isn't "police brutality" or beat downs and we're not seeing the entire picture of what's going on but the macing did occur

#175 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

There is a lot of loitering and wondering in streets and other areas. NYC isn't your "run of the mill metro". This is not really the best statement in the right context in MHO, but it is there, so if you care. :rose:

#176 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

If not for a pretty sick kitty that I have to pretty much medicate around the clock, I would be there this weekend.

Psssssssst. Wall street is closed on weekends. :wink:

#177 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

Yeah there's a slow motion video of that spraying someplace. Those girls were screaming for attention tho :wink:

Page 2 of the thread.
They also seem to have identified the officer this morning (although I'm having trouble finding the link) .

http://www.nytimes.c...otest.html?_r=1

As the police arrested a protester in the street, an officer wearing a white shirt — indicating a rank of lieutenant or above — walked toward a group of demonstrators nearby and sent a blast of pepper spray that hit four women, the videos show.

Numerous videos and photos captured the aftermath: two women crumpled on the sidewalk in pain, one of them screaming. They were temporarily blinded, one of the women, Chelsea Elliott, said.

Ms. Elliott, 25, who was not arrested, acknowledged that “there were some rough people out there” at the protests. She and the other women were penned in behind police netting meant for crowd control. But, she said, neither she nor the women around her did anything to warrant having pepper spray used on them.

“Out of all the people they chose to spray, it was just me and three other girls,” she said Sunday in a telephone interview. “I’m not pushing against anybody, or trying to escape.”

The Police Department’s chief spokesman, Paul J. Browne, said the police had used the pepper spray “appropriately.”

“Pepper spray was used once,” he added, “after individuals confronted officers and tried to prevent them from deploying a mesh barrier — something that was edited out or otherwise not captured in the video.”

Since Sept. 17, a few hundred protesters have occupied Zuccotti Park on Liberty Street and Broadway, seeking attention for what they say is a financial system that is unjust and flawed. They have embarked on a series of daily marches near Wall Street, but their march to Union Square on Saturday was their largest and most ambitious.

Returning to the financial district from Union Square, many protesters used University Place, and the demonstration spilled into the street with protesters walking against traffic. The police put up mesh nets to prevent them from going any farther down University Place, and many of the demonstrators ended up on East 12th Street.

Ms. Elliott was one of several protesters on East 12th Street who had been corralled behind the plastic netting, which was being held by a line of police officers.

Ms. Elliott said she spent part of the time trying to engage the police officer nearest her in a conversation about pensions.

“I’m just trying to converse with them in a civilized manner, and tell them I’m a civilized human being,” Ms. Elliott said. She remembered saying, “Stop! Why are you doing this?” in response to an arrest not far away, but doing nothing else to attract attention.

“A cop in a white shirt — I think he’s a superior officer — just comes along and does these quick little spritzes of pepper spray in my and these three other girls’ eyes,” she added. The officer’s identity was not provided by the police.

The scene around Ms. Elliott verged on the unruly on Saturday. The police made arrests in the area on charges not only of disorderly conduct and impeding traffic, but also of inciting to riot and assaulting a police officer. About 80 people were arrested; some spent the night in jail and were arraigned on Sunday.

Patrick Bruner, a spokesman for the protesters, said he believed that pepper spray was used several times on Saturday. “I think it is very fair to call it police brutality,” he said.

The Police Department rarely uses pepper spray as a means of crowd control. Although the police used it during a large-scale antiwar protest in 2003, it was not used with much frequency during the protests associated with the Republican National Convention in New York in 2004, although they were some of the largest demonstrations in the city in years.

“We don’t use it indiscriminately like other cities do,” said Thomas Graham, a retired deputy chief who until last year commanded the department’s Disorder Control Unit. “You’re not just spraying indiscriminately into a crowd.”

#178 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

oh really?

#179 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

http://www.guardian....d?newsfeed=true

Activists connected to the Occupy Wall Street protests have published the name, phone number and family details of a senior New York police officer they accuse of using pepper spray on peaceful female protesters at a march on Saturday.

The officer was named in Twitter posts and on various activist websites as NYPD deputy inspector Anthony Bologna, of Patrol Borough Manhattan South.

The posts also cite an apparent civil rights charge against the officer dating from 2007.

YouTube footage of the incident, which has been widely circulated since Saturday, appears to show a white-shirted NYPD officer firing the spray into the eyes of the protesters, who are penned in by other officers with orange netting. As the officer walks away, two of the women crumple to the ground, screaming in pain.

There were several clashes between protesters and police at the march in the financial district on Saturday, during which there were 80 arrests.

Hacker collective Anonymnous claimed responsibility on Monday for posting Bologna's details, which they said was in retribution for the attack.

The details, posted on a site called Pastebin, included a statement which read: "As we watched your officers kettle innocent women, we observed you barbarically pepper-spray wildly into the group of kettled women. We were shocked and disgusted by your behaviour."

"You know who the innocent women were; now they will have the chance to know who you are. Before you commit atrocities against innocent people, think twice. WE ARE WATCHING!!! Expect Us!"

Since the post, other activists have followed suit, urging people to call his precinct to complain or to call him directly.

The move drew a mixed response from the Occupy Wall Street activists who have been camped out in Zuccotti Park, in the city's financial district, for nine days. Many say they were angry about the "brutal and unnecessary" tactics used by police at the weekend.

Hero Vincent, 28, an artist from the Bronx said: "I think it should be out there, so that people know what's going on and if people want to enter his precinct and ask that he should be fired, they can. We are a peaceful protest. For them to attack us is wrong."

Vincent, who was arrested for resisting arrest on Saturday, claimed he was kicked in the stomach by officers.

But there was also disquiet over the officer's family details being made public.

Another protester, who did not want to be named, told the Guardian: "My dad is a police officer and he got a lot of death threats. I don't know if his family details should be out there. But if the information is correct and he has a rights case against him, I'm extremely concerned that he was put into what was a very tense situation."

The Guardian asked the NYPD to respond to the naming of the officer and the allegation that he was previously the subject of a civil rights complaint, but a spokesman said the department had not yet decided whether to comment.

[B]One protester, Jeanne Mansfield

#180 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Lets all go down there now. Lets go. Lets start this shet betch. :crazy:

I'll be there in 30 minutes with a blowhorn and a sign that reads:

"down with this sort of thing at this location. Down with it."

#181 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

shut that down over there...just shut it down

#182 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Shut it down.

We're effectively shutting it down here folks. You dont have to leave but you cant trade here.

We're shuttin' it down.

#183 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Hacking and publishing personal information of NYPD officers is not a good idea IMO, if I were organizing this I'm not sure I'd want Anonymous involved... seems counterproductive

#184 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

Psssssssst. Wall street is closed on weekends. :wink:

They are still raping us when they are closed!:wink:

#185 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hacking and publishing personal information of NYPD officers is not a good idea IMO, if I were organizing this I'm not sure I'd want Anonymous involved... seems counterproductive

he deserves it...if not his fam...mebbe thats too far

#186 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

I'm gonna dress up like the official fucking man with a blow horn, a whistle and a home made badge and just start a new fucking movement.

We're shutting it down. That's it. I'm gonna linger here and repeat that we are shutting it down until they shut it down or they shut me down.

#187 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

I'm gonna dress up like the official fucking man with a blow horn, a whistle and a home made badge and just start a new fucking movement.

We're shutting it down. That's it. I'm gonna linger here and repeat that we are shutting it down until they shut it down or they shut me down.

:rotf:

#188 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

he deserves it...if not his fam...mebbe thats too far

I'm more concerned with the family info. The phone # is probably technically public info anyway.

#189 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,802 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Yeah I am going to keep looking for a job instead of wooking it out on Wall Street. When I wook it out it is for a good cause like getting spun and raging biscuits.

#190 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Occupy Boston supported by the Boston Police?

Occupy Boston
Holy fuck yeah
http://www.bpsof.org...-news&Itemid=62
Pensions 101 & What's Being Reported by the Media
www.bpsof.org
Boston Police Superior Officers Federation

http://storyful.com/...ston/1000008495

#191 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

Shut it down.

We're effectively shutting it down here folks. You dont have to leave but you cant trade here.

We're shuttin' it down.

True. . . great job shutting down trading on Saturday. :lol:

#192 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

i try to shut it down but noone listens to me:funny1:

#193 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Did someone say something?!:dunno::funny1:

#194 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

i try to shut it down but noone listens to me:funny1:

Just shut it :wink:

#195 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Just shut it :wink:

that wouldnt be the same:carla:

#196 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

#197 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

"Down with this sort of thing!"

#198 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

http://www.guardian....anthony-bologna

o tony bologna... he :heart: the protest kids

#199 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

i posted two links (informational) on cnn's facebook page. and one that was a plea to provide additional coverage of what was happening. i can no longer post on their page. vic and i weren't arrested today but are both currently banned from cnn's facebook and i none of my comments are being released on cnn.com, msnbc.com, bbc., foxnews, or guardian - none of my comments were out of hand, ill placed, or lies - i commented just after a fellow that referred to the pres. as a douchebag oreo - and the comment i had was about the agenda for saturday on a wall street related news article.

is a tiring day when no one listens. ha. but! i did make contact with NYU and Columbia - and talked to some incredibly interesting, informed, and conscientious folks who are following the protests, participating, and documenting. and i do appreciate msnbc from NOT banning from their facebook.

of course the revolution wont be televised, silly kids ~ cause they aren't allowed to do it. :coffee:

#200 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

Welcome. You must be new. :heart::gop::cry1: