Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

#102 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

The Obama administration is and has been fighting corporate America

I completely disagree. The Obama administration is a creature of the international banking system, much as the previous administration was a creature of the international oil keiretsu. The reason the subject protest speaks against the Obama administration is because that admin is the face of power, not because the Tea Party has somehow managed to maneuver them into it.

#103 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I completely disagree. The Obama administration is a creature of the international banking system, much as the previous administration was a creature of the international oil keiretsu. The reason the subject protest speaks against the Obama administration is because that admin is the face of power, not because the Tea Party has somehow managed to maneuver them into it.

Thank you.

#104 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thank You.

#105 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

I'd bet you were the kid that reminded the teacher to give out homework for the weekend :lol:

#106 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,396 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

It is for shame that my current employment only facilitates the vile creatures of wall st. and washington. Participating in a protest such as this and then showing up to collect my currency in the manner that i do only goes to show the overall hypocracy that is American society (or perhaps just me).

good point. are you not willing to sacrifice your more comfortable lifestyle to stand up for your convictions like the "true occupiers" of wall street already have? if not, your words are meaningless on a message board.

you complain that "obrahma" is straddling the fence, yet you do the same!

interesting thread by the way.

#107 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

:lmao:

Fairly serious tone to this thread. Jokes?:rolleyes:

#108 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

good point. are you not willing to sacrifice your more comfortable lifestyle to stand up for your convictions like the "true occupiers" of wall street already have? if not, your words are meaningless on a message board.

you complain that "obrahma" is straddling the fence, yet you do the same!

interesting thread by the way.

"More comfortable lifestyle", that is to say sheltered and fed. Are we taking this all the way? All 1,000+ of us?
I doubt it. Throwing myself under the bus to succumb to my convictions in this instance seems like a short sighted and relatively naive approach to solving the problems we face.

So until I see a well organized movement that is millions strong marching and putting the gears to a grinding halt in this country, i'll "sit the fence".
Words are always meaningless, btw. i never pretended otherwise.

#109 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

So until I see a well organized movement that is millions strong marching and putting the gears to a grinding halt in this country, i'll "sit the fence".

says the other 99%

#110 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Good point. I'll arrive after work and show my support for their event. I'll wave my sign and chant about stopping the corp. corruption this very evening.

And when the 1,000+ of us slowly disipate back into the normal grove that has been burmed out, I can at least say " I was there man. I held the sign and I chanted for change. Hey, by the way, man. I'm out of work and now a home. Any chance you can spare a dollar or two." :gop:

#111 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

the problems with 'well organized" is we are put into this chaotic position by our govt... we think we've had choices and we've self-blamed ourselves when those choices were 'bad ones' or so we thought. there are no alternatives because we're not allowed to imagine them. my issues with the govt personally are different than yours and his and hers and it goes on - there is organization in our pain. in our suffering. in our losses and our injustices.

but it's hard to organize millions when millions do not show up .... hundreds show up expecting millions and insecurity and confusion and doubt (which is what the police/govt etc want) set in creating chaos, which shows the world weakness, disorganization and frenzy ~ however - if you sit any ONE person down, you will feel their well organized pain, purpose, and want. if there were not fence sitters there would be grinding halts as there would be numbers that dont just ANNOY but CHANGE.

#112 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

It is a fucked up dichotomy you are stuck in friend. On one hand it is your well being at stake. We can all sit back and say ohhhh you should do this or that but in the end many would feel as you do and few I think would take the personal risk. On the other hand you are in a unique position to hit wall street where it hurts, manpower. You not only represent one more body one more voice but you also represent somelne who left working for the very thing some folks are protesting about.
I feel you. You didn't have to share that personal info with anyone here and for that you are brave man.

#113 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

Good point. I'll arrive after work and show my support for their event. I'll wave my sign and chant about stopping the corp. corruption this very evening.

And when the 1,000+ of us slowly disipate back into the normal grove that has been burmed out, I can at least say " I was there man. I held the sign and I chanted for change. Hey, by the way, man. I'm out of work and now a home. Any chance you can spare a dollar or two." :gop:

don't look at it that way...each person is another number and that is where the strength is...this is not a one day event...even though you can't stay and keep your job and life, you can always come back...there are those holding the fort down during the week...this saturday was bigger than last and hopefully the next saturday will be even bigger...i personally am bringing, so far, 8 people this friday and staying until saturday night...and i will be back again...i don't need to take time off of work...give this thing a chance bro...we've been sitting here all cynical for so long saying "are people ever gonna wake up to this shit?"...well here it is...a chance...go with it...at the very least support it.

#114 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

don't look at it that way...each person is another number and that is where the strength is...this is not a one day event...even though you can't stay and keep your job and life, you can always come back...there are those holding the fort down during the week...this saturday was bigger than last and hopefully the next saturday will be even bigger...i personally am bringing, so far, 8 people this friday and staying until saturday night...and i will be back again...i don't need to take time off of work...give this thing a chance bro...we've been sitting here all cynical for so long saying "are people ever gonna wake up to this shit?"...well here it is...a chance...go with it...at the very least support it.

this

#115 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

It's time to put up or shut up.

I'd be going to the Boston gathering tomorrow but there's a new Biggest Loser on that I just can't miss.

Are we SURE the revolution isn't going to be televised?

#116 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

every comment ive put up on cnn, fox, bbc, or msnbc regarding the occupation has not been approved. I do a blanket comment about how i love the fall weather on an article about the hikers being freed and it's approved. within seconds.

#117 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Like I said, i will go down and support this, but if you all believe that protesting wall st. will change policies in washington that allow wall st. to operate the way they do sans accountability, i think we're all really out of touch. If you think these thugs give a fuck what you think, you haven't been paying attention the last several years.

So, I'll see you all down on wall st. this evening.

#118 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

every comment ive put up on cnn, fox, bbc, or msnbc regarding the occupation has not been approved. I do a blanket comment about how i love the fall weather on an article about the hikers being freed and it's approved. within seconds.

Scary shit right there

#119 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

i flooded their fb pages with links on the lack of news coverage...msnbc actually did a piece earlier today...i flooded fox but haven't viewed the responses yet...cnn banned me:rolleyes:

#120 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Like I said, i will go down and support this, but if you all believe that protesting wall st. will change policies in washington that allow wall st. to operate the way they do sans accountability, i think we're all really out of touch. If you think these thugs give a fuck what you think, you haven't been paying attention the last several years.

So, I'll see you all down on wall st. this evening.

what do you suggest? lay down and die?

#121 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Who will be there this evening? I'll be down every evening this week.

#122 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

here's a good one to flood the shit out of...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/WhiteHouse

go look at the link of michelle obama playing ping-pong...85% of the people posting are blasting it with #occupywallst :gop:

#123 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Who will be there this evening? I'll be down every evening this week.

see ya friday

#124 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

just recruited coworkers to go down to the events on saturday :jamguy:

prior to saturday attending local events for the new jim crow (which will also be a topic during the protests on Saturday, oct 1 at 1 at the Assembly Hall, Riverside Church 490 Riverside Drive Manhattan, NY) as well as the arrangement of others to go down wednesday

until then i will be an annoying IP address on all major news sites, and their telephone lines - (on the phone right now with NYU asking their college paper to cover something), as well as annoying all of my friends and family in shedding lights on things not covered by ... anyone.

#125 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

I hope this means people are waking up, but I'm a little too cynical based on past experiences.

As an aside, I love how the v for vendetta Guy Fawkes mask has turned into a self fulfilling prophecy. :mrgreen:

#126 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

so if i happen to be in NYC on Friday, should i drop by here to visit you, Vic? and TASB? and whoever else will be chillin' at the Wall St. Fest 2k11?

#127 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

totally true - and it may 'fail'... but can't know unless try i guess.

nothing left to lose. literally.

#128 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

also, I saw pictures at the protest with the ad busters flag I have from college/ my living in NYC/protesting days.

Posted Image

Hanging this up in my front window in solidarity= my house getting firebombed by my crazy patriotic neighbor who has 10,000 american flags up outside her house????? I'm wondering

#129 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

so if i happen to be in NYC on Friday, should i drop by here to visit you, Vic? and TASB? and whoever else will be chillin' at the Wall St. Fest 2k11?

Knowing NYC and NYPD, if this escalates by Friday, you will probably find Vic and I at the 34th st. precinct, getting ready to get taken to central booking. :gop:
Please, though. Stop on by and say hi.

#130 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Knowing NYC and NYPD, if this escalates by Friday, you will probably find Vic and I at the 34th st. precinct, getting ready to get taken to central booking. :gop:

cash bail, right? i know the drill. :lol:

#131 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

http://www.adbusters.org/ ;)

#132 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

#1s plz

#133 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

#1s plz

i'll be armed with cameraphone, natch. :lmao:

#134 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

:lol:

in all seriousness, this is a chance i'm willing to take, though truly hope to avoid cause if it happens i lose my job...then i'll be there for the entire ride :funny1:

#135 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

Drumming up some discourse in my education class. Proff was aware of it- but shocked when I talked about pepper spray video/brutality etc. Well, maybe not shocked, but appalled...

:bang:

#136 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

After the arrest and my subsequent unemployment, vic and I will be roomies and we shall walk the countryside in search of our next protest.

#137 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

A local buddy I tried to recruit, said the following:

"Are you serious? Do you really think protesting wall st. is going to get your federal governments attention enough for a redress of grievances? Why pour water in the ocean? You clearly haven't thought this through.."

:lol:

#138 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Just a couple thoughts for boardies headed down:

I got arrested at the FTAA protest in 2001 in Quebec City but i got arrested with a host of other people and we all refused to give information (jailhouse solidarity I believe they called it.) and they ended up letting us all go (unless you were there on a violent charge like assault on an officer or some such.) If you do get arrested, it is sometimes an option but i do know the NYPD doesn't fuck around.

Also, write a few pertinent numbers on your forearms in sharpie before you go. bail, lawyer, ride, etc.

bring a bandana and a bottle of vinegar in case of mace or tear gas.

Keep your wits and your head about you. Try not to get too caught up in the frenzied emotion of the event. Listen carefully to what the officers try to tell you to do and try your best to comply unless you are part of an organized unit making a clearly organized message with your defiance.

If you do get arrested try your best to remember badge numbers and names. It may prove very important later on.

Always pay attention to the group. If you are not trying to get arrested then the middle of larger bodies of people is usually the safest. never get separated from the main body of the group unless you are ready to get arrested for your cause.

Just a few things to remember.
Good luck. Stand tall. Speak loud.
<3

#139 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

I don't get how they keep saying they just have one demand but the list is over 20 demands long:dunno:

#140 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Just a couple thoughts for boardies headed down:

I got arrested at the FTAA protest in 2001 in Quebec City but i got arrested with a host of other people and we all refused to give information (jailhouse solidarity I believe they called it.) and they ended up letting us all go (unless you were there on a violent charge like assault on an officer or some such.) If you do get arrested, it is sometimes an option but i do know the NYPD doesn't fuck around.

Also, write a few pertinent numbers on your forearms in sharpie before you go. bail, lawyer, ride, etc.

bring a bandana and a bottle of vinegar in case of mace or tear gas.

Keep your wits and your head about you. Try not to get too caught up in the frenzied emotion of the event. Listen carefully to what the officers try to tell you to do and try your best to comply unless you are part of an organized unit making a clearly organized message with your defiance.

If you do get arrested try your best to remember badge numbers and names. It may prove very important later on.

Always pay attention to the group. If you are not trying to get arrested then the middle of larger bodies of people is usually the safest. never get separated from the main body of the group unless you are ready to get arrested for your cause.

Just a few things to remember.
Good luck. Stand tall. Speak loud.
<3

thank you so much for that:rose:

#141 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

I don't get how they keep saying they just have one demand but the list is over 20 demands long:dunno:

you're still confused by that?:dunno:

#142 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

NYPD will hold you if you refuse to indentify yourself. This isn't canada, brehmigo. :funny1:

#143 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

The Occupy Wall Street Protestors Are Starting To Get Foul
Julia La Roche | Sep. 26, 2011, 3:02 PM

We're now entering the second week of the non-violent protestors from "Occupy Wall Street" taking over the Financial District.
The basic premise of the demonstrations seems to be a protest against the banks and the government. We're still not sure what their exact message is or if they even have a solution to the problem.

Over the weekend, things got ugly with more than 80 protestors arrested and a group of women protestors shrieking after being maced in the face by police.

We decided to take a stroll through their encampment at Zuccotti Park this weekend and here's some things we noticed:

Poor hygiene: While wandering through the camp site, I asked several people how long they've been there and if they've taken a shower. Some people said they would go to friends' apartments to clean up. However a bunch of the protestors confessed to me that they have not showered since the start of the movement. In my opinion, the smell is extremely pungent. And the camp site is littered with trash, cardboard and garbage bags piled up.

Nudity: At least two women had their naked breasts exposed. Apparently, it is legal. (I asked a police officer nearby.) But there's no question it's inconsiderate. The site is surrounded by popular tourist destinations in the Financial District and there are tons of families with young children that frequent those locations.

Drugs: Another thing that caught me by surprise was the use of marijuana. I walked right by a protestor smoking **** in broad daylight. The police must have been just 20 feet away too. If you're at a protest site surrounded by hundreds of police officers and trying to get out your important message out, then it's probably not the best idea to light one up!

#144 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Alright. i'm heading down. Here is hoping that wall st. changes their MO and offers us all a billion dollar bail out. :gop:

#145 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

Of course, i noted they don't fuck around. however, in extreme cases like we had at 3rd summit of the americas when 300-500 people refuse to give information it becomes a serious burden on the system and many municipalities, both in canada and the US have been known to release folks using this tactic.

http://en.wikipedia....Jail_solidarity

That said, it's a hell of a commitment as if you choose to use this, you may be in it for the long haul. I was 18 with nothing to lose at the time. I might rethink my position at this juncture in my life. :funny1:

good luck breh.

#146 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

Alright. i'm heading down. Here is hoping that wall st. changes their MO and offers us all a billion dollar bail out. :gop:

thank you.

#147 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

The Occupy Wall Street Protestors Are Starting To Get Foul
Julia La Roche | Sep. 26, 2011, 3:02 PM

We're now entering the second week of the non-violent protestors from "Occupy Wall Street" taking over the Financial District.
The basic premise of the demonstrations seems to be a protest against the banks and the government. We're still not sure what their exact message is or if they even have a solution to the problem.

Over the weekend, things got ugly with more than 80 protestors arrested and a group of women protestors shrieking after being maced in the face by police.

We decided to take a stroll through their encampment at Zuccotti Park this weekend and here's some things we noticed:

Poor hygiene: While wandering through the camp site, I asked several people how long they've been there and if they've taken a shower. Some people said they would go to friends' apartments to clean up. However a bunch of the protestors confessed to me that they have not showered since the start of the movement. In my opinion, the smell is extremely pungent. And the camp site is littered with trash, cardboard and garbage bags piled up.

Nudity: At least two women had their naked breasts exposed. Apparently, it is legal. (I asked a police officer nearby.) But there's no question it's inconsiderate. The site is surrounded by popular tourist destinations in the Financial District and there are tons of families with young children that frequent those locations.

Drugs: Another thing that caught me by surprise was the use of marijuana. I walked right by a protestor smoking **** in broad daylight. The police must have been just 20 feet away too. If you're at a protest site surrounded by hundreds of police officers and trying to get out your important message out, then it's probably not the best idea to light one up!

snooty high-brow brat reporting:rolleyes:

#148 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

So far the impression that this protest has left with the media:

A loud unruly mob of smelly hippies is shouting simple slogans that sound like high-school cheers. They've been doing it for over a week and we still have no idea what message they're trying to convey. But they sure smoke a lot of *** and like to fuck in the park.

#149 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

So far the corporate media has given us this impression of the protest:

A loud unruly mob of smelly hippies is shouting simple slogans that sound like high-school cheers. They've been doing it for over a week and we still have no idea what message they're trying to convey. But they sure smoke a lot of *** and like to fuck in the park.

:wink:

#150 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

I'd go down there for a day but I can't imagine it being wise for someone with my physical issues... even if I had someone to come with and help (which I don't :lol:)