• Please log in to reply
2328 replies to this topic

#1851 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,926 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

I was actually looking forward to Occupy back in the media center of the world again...with the hopes of starting a new positive outlook and starting from the beginning where the Occupy movement was a positive thing!

maybe that's why they don't want them setting up shop again.

#1852 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

maybe that's why they don't want them setting up shop again.

they will anyway...though maybe not camping, i can see zuccotti being a meeting place of sorts for direct actions and the sort...and it could get real big...look what has transpired in the political spectrum since (ndaa, sopa, trespass bill etc.) things could get reeeallly interesting

never have the words "whose side are you on" matter more than they will when this gets fired up again

#1853 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

The ship of having discussion/debate with you, jack, has sailed...go fuck yourself:smile:

And right back at it :rolleyes:

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=68082

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=66890

what a moran :rotf:

#1854 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

somebody say something?:dunno:

#1855 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

vic 377
TakeAStepBack 246
Joker 217
Rionach aka Spec K 110
capt_morgan 98
PeaceFrog 94
china cat 89
Raynequeen 55
DancingBearly 42
jg 42
Feck 37
Kawak 34
Sunshower 30
TEO 28
Lazy Lightning 28
Spidergawd 27
Julius 26
Dee2.0 25
Dr. Lostreality 24
Jwheelz 21
robberry 20
In A Silent Way 20
GoPlastic 19
Java Time 17
TheDHJ 17
seany 12
concert andy 11
MeOmYo 11
JBetty 11
Slave Self Promoted 11
Mind Left Body 11
u.s.blues 11
wonka 9
listen2sloka 9
deadheadskier 8
SunshineDrummer 8
HasATinyHat 7
bitrush 7
Bone Daddy 6
Uncle Coulro 6
freerange 6
James420 6
Tim The Beek 6
unbroken_chain 5
KrisNYG 5
Lemireacle 4
gregoir 4
scarfire 4
alsoa 4
ladygingechilla 4
sarah b. 3
phishNtrips 2
B. Diddy 2
ButthurtHippie 2
Danimal 2
Nuthatch 2
Speckta 2
justcallmejoe 2
drvic 2
little frog 1
Mama Kel 1
BHB 1
bizzle 1
Ezekiel Tweakscrotum 1
Jack Straw 1
OnBongos 1
Sugar_Mag 1
Gwendolyn 1
nikkiblue 1
Kuzsin 1
Esau 1
Phishfolk 1
staggerlee024 1
Karen 1
beerzrkr 1

I'm in the top 10, so I think I've said enough :)

#1856 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

i are win:gop:

#1857 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Car plows through Occupy demonstrators at UC Santa Cruz campus

SANTA CRUZ -- About a hundred students blocked entrance to the UC Santa Cruz campus Thursday morning, not allowing vehicles to enter as part of an Occupy Education rally.

Just after 8:30 a.m. a man driving a Ford Mustang drove up High Street and tried to make a right turn onto campus. He revved his engine, but the crowd briefly stopped him from entering. The driver then revved his engine again and drove through the crowd of demonstrators at the High Street entrance, striking several people and a bike.

No one was seriously injured. UCSC Police Chief Nader Oweis, who was the only officer on scene when the incident happened, ordered the driver to back up the car, out of the crowded intersection.

The crowd chanted "arrest him, arrest him." The driver and his female passenger were detained and removed from the area, which was quickly swarming with police.

Abby Edwards, 20, said she was knocked to the ground by the car, hitting her head and her knee because of the impact.

"Suddenly I'm on the hood and then on the ground," she said.

Edwards said she was very close to being under the car before someone pulled her to safety.

"It's important for all of us to be with each other," said Edwards, who has been on campus since 4:30 a.m. "We closed the campus." Judith Samson, the passenger in the Mustang, emailed the Sentinel about the incident. She wrote "We did not speed through the crowd. In fact, we were going less than 1 mph when the mob swarmed over our car, attempted to open the doors and windows, kicked our lights in and threw paint all over the car."

Samson said they intend to press charges against those in the crowd.

More
http://www.mercuryne...9890?source=rss

#1858 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

HR 347 threatens freedom of assembly - restricts political protest

U.S. House passes bill giving the federal government new and sweeping powers to bring charges against Americans engaged in political protest anywhere in the country. Critics claim the bill, HR 347, would make free speech a felony, and restrict political protest.

HR 347, the

#1859 Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Wouldn't that be unconstitutional?

#1860 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

the constitution:rotf:

#1861 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,926 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

can't Occupy, or anyone sue the House for enacting an unconstitutional bill?

ooooh....that's 18 posts now:ura1:

#1862 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

It seems like it would be unconstitutional.

There's plenty of room for abuse

It would only be a matter of time before they'd start expanding the amount of people with secret service protection, pretty soon all of DC would be a no protest.

Hell, give SS protection to state/city officials and there'll really be no fighting city hall

#1863 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

of course the police will enforce these laws like the puppets they are, and the departments will get rewarded with shiny new toys

#1864 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

If it becomes law I'd imagine they'd do what they've sworn to do and uphold the law.

No doubt there'll be some folks complaining about it, I'd suggest those folks do all they can now to make sure it doesn't become law rather than just whining about the mean policeman enforcing the law after the fact.

#1865 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

don't whine. Joker hates competition.

#1866 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

funny the police aren't upholding any of the laws the bankers broke. just following orders.

#1867 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

What bankers broke what laws?

#1868 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,926 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

the law of modus tollens? :dunno:

#1869 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

meanwhile, in Albany, NY...

Judge drops charges against 88 Occupiers

By Jordan Carleo-Evangelist
Published 04:00 p.m., Friday, March 2, 2012

ALBANY — Seven dozen protesters arrested over the course of Occupy Albany's two-month downtown encampment are officially off the hook.

City Court Judge Thomas K. Keefe has formally dismissed more than 100 charges that were still technically pending against the protesters — long after District Attorney David Soares' office announced that it would not prosecute protesters arrested for nonviolent offenses that did not involve property damage while exercising their free speech rights.

Citing Soares' refusal to prosecute, Keefe wrote in a brief decision that he had no other choice — making official what had been all but a foregone conclusion.

"Absent a clear abuse of discretion, which is not indicated here, this court's only recourse is to dismiss," the judge wrote.

The vast majority of the arrests were made by State Police in Lafayette Park in November, when protesters provoked troopers into arresting them after city police had for weeks refused to do so in neighboring Academy Park, home to the protest's large encampment.

The arrests became a nightly ritual, during which the protesters — a dozen or a more a night — would gather on the state-owned land in violation of its curfew and peacefully await troopers to bind their hands with plastic ties and lead them away.

Soares' refusal to prosecute the arrests — largely for violations such as trespassing — made him an early hero of the movement and a villain to those who viewed the city's refusal to oust the occupiers and Soares' refusal to try them as weak-kneed.

To date, only one protester — 63-year-old William Preston — has pleaded guilty to anything in connection with the encampment.

Preston was charged with resisting arrest, criminal contempt and obstruction of governmental administration during the Dec. 22 confrontation with police that followed the city's dismantling of the encampment.

Preston pleaded guilty last month to disorderly conduct, a noncriminal violation that landed him a $250 fine and a court surcharge around $200.

The protesters remain locked in civil litigation with the city over its enforcement of a court order to dismantle their tents. The occupiers, who are now ensconced in a Madison Avenue storefront, maintain their right to camp in the city-owned park across the street from City Hall and the Capitol — not just protest there — is protected by the First Amendment.

Read more: http://www.timesunio...p#ixzz1o0MOLq6u

#1870 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Three 'Occupy Oakland' protesters charged with robbery, hate crimes

Three Occupy Oakland protesters were arrested after they allegedly battered a California woman, stole her wallet and made anti-gay remarks, the Oakland Tribune reported Saturday.

Michael Davis, 32, Nneka Crawford, 23, and Randolph Wilkins, 24, were charged with robbery and hate crime Friday and remained in Dublin, Calif., jail Saturday.

Crawford and Wilkins' bail was set at $105,000 each, while Davis is being held on $100,000 bail, the report said.

Police claim the woman was walking on an Oakland, Calif., street at around 6:00 pm local time Feb. 22 when the alleged incident took place.

The unnamed 42-year-old woman stumbled across a group of Occupy Oakland protesters demonstrating outside a Wells Fargo bank branch and decided to voice her opinion about the protest movement and asked them not to riot in her neighborhood, according to an Oakland Police Department statement.

"She was surrounded by three protesters and battered as they yelled vulgar epithets regarding their perception of her sexual orientation," the statement said, adding her wallet was stolen during the fracas.

"In the department we have zero tolerance for hate crimes," lead investigator Sergeant Randy Wingate said.

Davis was arrested Wednesday and arraigned Friday, while Crawford and Wilkins were arrested Thursday at a different "Occupy" rally. Both are scheduled to be in court Monday for an arrangement hearing, according to the report.

The police department is still searching for other possible suspects, Wingate added.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1o4vtwkoo

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1o4vqdcjP

#1871 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

do you jizz in your pants every time you post one of these?

#1872 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

The Occupiers in Rochester, N.Y., have been in Washington Square Park in the city since this whole thing started, but they were notified they must leave the park by March 11.

Rochester mayor Thomas Richards: "They've become the 1 percent keeping the 99 percent out of the park."

#1873 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

The Occupiers in Rochester, N.Y., have been in Washington Square Park in the city since this whole thing started, but they were notified they must leave the park by March 11.

Rochester mayor Thomas Richards: "They've become the 1 percent keeping the 99 percent out of the park."

so now they're crackin down on the 1%. cool.

#1874 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

It's not so much cracking down as we'd like our park and parking spaces around it back. There's like 12 people left from the original crowd and they've worn out their welcome. The majority of the people in the area have been cool toward them for months, but it's time to clean the park and get it back to the other people who pay taxes to enjoy it. I think local officials have been more than cooperative with the local Occupiers.

#1875 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

It's not so much cracking down as we'd like our park and parking spaces around it back. There's like 12 people left from the original crowd and they've worn out their welcome. The majority of the people in the area have been cool toward them for months, but it's time to clean the park and get it back to the other people who pay taxes to enjoy it. I think local officials have been more than cooperative with the local Occupiers.

Are they stopping you from using the park? I know when the local boy scouts set up their bottle drive in Riverside park in Putnam they dont need a permit and I can not use the space they are occupying but it does not stop me from sharing the park with them. :coffee:

#1876 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

this is easily the best cracked.com article i've ever read

http://www.cracked.c...to-stop-saying/

#1877 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Still waiting

#1878 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

this is easily the best cracked.com article i've ever read

http://www.cracked.c...to-stop-saying/

:lol:

that was funny. just not funny in that "what they are saying makes a lot of sense" way. More in that, envy has gripped this nation with a federal gubmint liplock kinda way. :lol:

Good read.

#1879 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

:funny:

I guarantee he didn't make it to page 2.

#1880 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Oh shit, PF is awake...

#1881 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Oh shit, PF is awake...

Shouldn't you be in school?

#1882 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Oh shit, PF is awake...

:lol:

Start a thread.

#1883 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

I think his parents should sign a permission slip for him if he wants to post here.

#1884 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Still waiting

Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?
Financial crooks brought down the world's economy

#1885 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Rolling Stone on financial fraud?

Anyway, i agree. but if the institutions were to be held accountable and all the facts laid on the table, it might lead to places no federal government agency or justice would want to go in implicating the guilty parties. Because it goes all the way to the top of the fiat financial pyramid.

It's never gonna happen. Ever.

Corporatism'd.

#1886 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

he asked a question. i answered it. or at least directed him to an answer.

funny the police aren't upholding any of the laws the bankers broke. just following orders.

the police are the divide that helps the real criminals conquer.

#1887 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Financial fraud of this magnitude goes way beyond street beat police.

That's like sending the sheriff and his deputy of a tiny rural town, to catch a multi-billion dollar drug traffic ring.

Walker Texas Ranger'd.

#1888 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Financial fraud of this magnitude goes way beyond street beat police.

That's like sending the sheriff and his deputy of a tiny rural town, to catch a multi-billion dollar drug traffic ring.

Walker Texas Ranger'd.

oh i know they can't just walk into goldman sachs office building and make arrests (the fed can, maybe, but that would just be too good)

they sure as hell don't have to beat the shit out of people to protect them though, which is precisely what they're doing

#1889 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

They're following orders to keep their jobs. But I digress.

This is basically the result of months of OWS conversations. A devolve into cops vs. protesters. the conversation has long since been over on the reason and replaced with sympotms of the actions.

Good night suite prince. (((OWS)))

#1890 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

They're following orders to keep their jobs. But I digress.

This is basically the result of months of OWS conversations. A devolve into cops vs. protesters. the conversation has long since been over on the reason and replaced with sympotms of the actions.

Good night suite prince. (((OWS)))

like i said many times, they are the front line, and they are the protectors of the elite. in instances like what we have going on now, law enforcement is not concerned with enforcing laws. this is proven when you see the stories of crimes and tragedies that could have been prevented had the police considered them higher priorities than peaceful protests and responded accordingly.

but i digress. the fact that this much manpower is being used against us means we are indeed being taken seriously. they moved the G8 summits to camp david and are passing law after law to try to prevent us from coming out. the elite are taking this very seriously. this has only just begun.

spring is coming.

#1891 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Oh, goody. I look forward to reading more about police vs. protesters come spring.

:popcorn:

#1892 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

:gop:

#1893 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

what course of action would you suggest taking?:huh:

#1894 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ahh so your beef is with the feds and not the average cop on the streets now.

That article states that they're paying fines, that sure sounds like they're upholding the law. :dunno:

#1895 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh, goody. I look forward to reading more about police vs. protesters come spring.

:popcorn:

Yup, fuck what they're actually protesting about, it'll all be about provoking confrontations and then complaining when the shit hits the fan. :rolleyes:

#1896 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

what course of action would you suggest taking?:huh:

Prepare to weather the serbiz hard times that will be here before you know it. Protesting, complaining and attempts to change this corrupted oligopilist corporatism are about comcluded. If we make till 2014, I'll be happy. If not, well, I did my best to be ready.

#1897 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

way to pick about 5 words out of everything i just said and run with it. you're no more capable of anything but soundbiting just like PF. i wonder what you think makes you any better:funny1:

#1898 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

:huh:

#1899 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

matter of fact, at least PF actually gives an opinion on things. jack just posts articles from ny post and fox and throws his smug pro-cop arrogance around without offering anything of substance elsewhere.

#1900 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

What other words there come close to answering the question?

Some bankers at some banks may have done something that they're paying fines for :dunno:

Not much substance there to back up your claim but that's nothing new :coffee: