Cops are really going wild with this.:sad:

#57 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

Its in China Cat's link, but
Occupy Wall Street Protesters Maced / Pepper Sprayed by NYPD Police

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TZ05rWx1pig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#58 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

:sad:

#59 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=tLEIVMki0D8#!

goosebumps

#60 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

A Message from Occupied Wall Street (Day Nine)
Posted 2011-09-26 08:03:45 UTC by OccupyWallSt

This is the ninth communiqu

#61 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

"You want to occupy something...occupy a cubicle"-Anthony Cumia :rotf:

#62 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

I love O&A but they're off base on this one.
They should be speaking up for the protesters whose first amendment rights are, daily, under fire out there.
As folks involved in what they're involved in, you'd think they'd stand in solidarity with these people. Then again, who owns Sirius/XM. :coffee:

#63 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Did you hear Ant ranting about 35 minutes ago? :lol:

#64 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

opie and anthony are still around? fuckin tools:funny1:

it's easy to say go occupy a cubicle when you get paid a ton of loot to sit on your ass and talk shit into a microphone and make fart jokes all day:rolleyes:

#65 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

opie and anthony are still around? fuckin tools:funny1:

it's easy to say go occupy a cubicle when you get paid a ton of loot to sit on your ass and talk shit into a microphone and make fart jokes all day:rolleyes:

Even though Ant, the one who was saying that worked his ass of to get where he is today his whole life? :lol: You want it, work for it is his point.

#66 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

Josh, how does one work for "it" when there are no jobs?:huh:

#67 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

#68 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

there is a power in number... however, not when the numbers are mismatched and all are participating unevenly. seeing live feed interviews with those not educated about the cause, the purpose, or a solution hurts every inch gained by the occupation..... makes outsiders look at them like a bunch of silly, high, whining brats. If i were them i'd turn off live feed and have scheduled, timed interviews with stories and anecdotes from those who understand what is going on and can make an impact on those who are viewing the feed to show them the importance of what is going on.

#69 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

i don't get how the lebowski reference is relevant

ps...those people are up there right now working for it and some of them are willing to get their asses kicked and arrested for "it"

#70 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

You want it, work for it is his point.

http://www.rollingst...ailout-20110411

But if you want to get a true sense of what the "shadow budget" is all about, all you have to do is look closely at the taxpayer money handed over to a single company that goes by a seemingly innocuous name: Waterfall TALF Opportunity. At first glance, Waterfall's haul doesn't seem all that huge — just nine loans totaling some $220 million, made through a Fed bailout program. That doesn't seem like a whole lot, considering that Goldman Sachs alone received roughly $800 billion in loans from the Fed. But upon closer inspection, Waterfall TALF Opportunity boasts a couple of interesting names among its chief investors: Christy Mack and Susan Karches.

Christy is the wife of John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley. Susan is the widow of Peter Karches, a close friend of the Macks who served as president of Morgan Stanley's investment-banking division. Neither woman appears to have any serious history in business, apart from a few philanthropic experiences. Yet the Federal Reserve handed them both low-interest loans of nearly a quarter of a billion dollars through a complicated bailout program that virtually guaranteed them millions in risk-free income.

The technical name of the program that Mack and Karches took advantage of is TALF, short for Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility. But the federal aid they received actually falls under a broader category of bailout initiatives, designed and perfected by Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, called "giving already stinking rich people gobs of money for no fucking reason at all." If you want to learn how the shadow budget works, follow along. This is what welfare for the rich looks like.

It's hard to imagine a pair of people you would less want to hand a giant welfare check to — yet that's exactly what the Fed did. Just two months before the Macks bought their fancy carriage house in Manhattan, Christy and her pal Susan launched their investment initiative called Waterfall TALF. Neither seems to have any experience whatsoever in finance, beyond Susan's penchant for dabbling in thoroughbred racehorses. But with an upfront investment of $15 million, they quickly received $220 million in cash from the Fed, most of which they used to purchase student loans and commercial mortgages. The loans were set up so that Christy and Susan would keep 100 percent of any gains on the deals, while the Fed and the Treasury (read: the taxpayer) would eat 90 percent of the losses. Given out as part of a bailout program ostensibly designed to help ordinary people by kick-starting consumer lending, the deals were a classic heads-I-win, tails-you-lose investment.

#71 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

...The prevailing attitude in Washington has evolved because there has been no moral compass or respect for the rule of law or individual liberty. Regardless of what party is in power, social welfarism, government regulation of personal nonviolent habits, and foreign military entanglements never change, despite the campaign promises regarding the constitution or freedom. Policies are dictated by prevailing attitudes and influenced bythe ideology of the establishment that supports unlimited government. So-called conservatives' support for preventive wars and so-called liberals support social welfare policies always prevail in the moral vacuum that exists, Everything that happens in Washington is done in defiance of the moral precepts that undermine individual liberty.
Without a moral foundation to government policies, the purpose of government no longer has any resemblance to the intent of those who settled our country and rebelled against the tyranny of King George. (largely at the native american cost, which Paul does not bring up.)
The majority of Americans today expect to be taken care of by the government. They care little about where the government will get the resources to satisfy all the needs that might arise. Certainly there's little concern expressed about the morality of a welfare state associated with massive economic intervention. Those who are on the receiving end of the governemnt transfer system, whether it's the wealthy, the poor or the middle class, dont want to be bothered with the question of whether the whole system is based on a moral principle. It would never occur to them that theft and violence are used to carry out these policies.

Ron Paul

#72 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

there is a power in number... however, not when the numbers are mismatched and all are participating unevenly. seeing live feed interviews with those not educated about the cause, the purpose, or a solution hurts every inch gained by the occupation..... makes outsiders look at them like a bunch of silly, high, whining brats. If i were them i'd turn off live feed and have scheduled, timed interviews with stories and anecdotes from those who understand what is going on and can make an impact on those who are viewing the feed to show them the importance of what is going on.

pretty good point there...hopefully some known speakers, as chri hedges has, will show up to join the cause

#73 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

:lol:

Ok nanny staters, full disclosure.

I just wanted to post a quote I thought was the lolz from Anthony. I'm not educated or well informed enough to debate you all on this issue, so therefore I will refrain.

#74 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

https://www.facebook...131982.18605402

#75 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

:lol:

Ok nanny staters, full disclosure.

I just wanted to post a quote I thought was the lolz from Anthony. I'm not educated or well informed enough to debate you all on this issue, so therefore I will refrain.

Your use of "nanny staters" here makes your ignorance fairly obvious. :lol:

#76 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,875 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

If they are still there this weekend, I plan to jump on a bus friday mornin to join them. anyone else wanna go?

#77 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Your use of "nanny staters" here makes your ignorance fairly obvious. :lol:

Duh. :lol:

#78 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Why do they all have to be there, kris? Just get a sign and occupy the designated free speech zone. lolz

I will head down there this week to see what the shake is about.

#79 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Remember how organized the civil rights movements of the 60s were?
Civil disobedient militias. Well organized and steadfast.

not this sign holding, shouting, rag tag band of people.

That is the type of action we need again. IMO

#80 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Civil disobedient militias. Well organized and steadfast.

not this sign holding, shouting, rag tag band of people.

That is the type of action we need again. IMO

Chicago '68 FTW.

#81 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

If they are still there this weekend, I plan to jump on a bus friday mornin to join them. anyone else wanna go?

original plan was to go...now it seems like theres gonna be an Occupy Philadelphia event and a meeting this thurs...gonna see how it goes and mebbe i wont have to make the trip

i still might but itd be much easier to keep it local

#82 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

wait how old are you again? :gop:

it will be better i think...this is a start...that theyre still there at least tells me something

#83 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

!

#84 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

wait how old are you again? :gop:

it will be better i think...this is a start...that theyre still there at least tells me something

Age is irrelevant to those who spend the time learning and understanding history. :gop:

#85 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

#86 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image

That would totally be me. :lol: I'd dress as Ted though.

#87 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Age is irrelevant to those who spend the time learning and understanding history. :gop:

just teasin over the use of the word remember:gop:

#88 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

http://roarmag.org/2...treet-protests/

Noam Chomsky, the leading academic and public intellectual, has issued a statement in support of the “courageous and honorable protests” on Wall Street.

Via Fuggin Suggin

MIT Professor Noam Chomsky (wiki), the most-cited living author in the world and one of the most staunchly anti-capitalist intellectuals in the United States, has sent a “strong message of support” to the organizers of the Occupy Wall Street protests:

Anyone with eyes open knows that the gangsterism of Wall Street — financial institutions generally — has caused severe damage to the people of the United States (and the world). And should also know that it has been doing so increasingly for over 30 years, as their power in the economy has radically increased, and with it their political power. That has set in motion a vicious cycle that has concentrated immense wealth, and with it political power, in a tiny sector of the population, a fraction of 1%, while the rest increasingly become what is sometimes called “a precariat” — seeking to survive in a precarious existence. They also carry out these ugly activities with almost complete impunity — not only too big to fail, but also “too big to jail.”

The courageous and honorable protests underway in Wall Street should serve to bring this calamity to public attention, and to lead to dedicated efforts to overcome it and set the society on a more healthy course.

it'd be nice to see him show up at some point:coffee:

#89 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

It is for shame that my current employment only facilitates the vile creatures of wall st. and washington. Participating in a protest such as this and then showing up to collect my currency in the manner that i do only goes to show the overall hypocracy that is American society (or perhaps just me).

So what are my options?
Protest the very thugs that help pay my rent and monthly food expense, etc? Return to work after and continue collecting the check?
Quit my job and protest with a clean conscience and worry about the bills later?

I'm a full supporter of the protests, I just hate that log in my eye. :one:

#90 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

It is for shame that my current employment only facilitates the vile creatures of wall st. and washington. Participating in a protest such as this and then showing up to collect my currency in the manner that i do only goes to show the overall hypocracy that is American society (or perhaps just me).

So what are my options?
Protest the very thugs that help pay my rent and monthly food expense, etc? Return to work after and continue collecting the check?
Quit my job and protest with a clean conscience and worry about the bills later?

I'm a full supporter of the protests, I just hate that log in my eye. :one:

don't let that shit stop you...i work for the philly probation dept.

when occupy philly comes, it's likely that i'll be walking with people that day and processing the ones who get arrested's files the next

#91 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

must be getting stinky there

rionach'd:rolleyes:

#92 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

immortal technique

http://qik.com/video/44583274

#93 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Interesting quote from Malcom Gladwell:

One of the great forgotten facts about the United States is that not very long ago the wealthy weren't all that wealthy. Up until the 1960s, the gap between rich and poor in the United States was relatively narrow. In fact, in that era marginal tax rates in the highest income bracket were in excess of 90 percent. For every dollar you made above $250,000, you gave the government 90 cents. Today — with good reason — we regard tax rates that high as punitive and economically self-defeating. It is worth noting, though, that in the social and political commentary of the 1950s and 1960s there is scant evidence of wealthy people complaining about their situation. They paid their taxes and went about their business. Perhaps they saw the logic of the government's policy: There was a huge debt from World War II to be paid off, and interstates, public universities, and other public infrastructure projects to be built for the children of the baby boom. Or perhaps they were simply bashful. Wealth, after all, is as often the gift of good fortune as it is of design. For whatever reason, the wealthy of that era could have pushed for a world that more closely conformed to their self-interest and they chose not to. Today the wealthy have no such qualms. We have moved from a country of relative economic equality to a place where the gap between rich and poor is exceeded by only Singapore and Hong Kong.

#94 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

At least 100 Chemical and Biological Response Units funded by the Department Of Homeland Security have been confirmed to be on the scene in NYC possibly converging on the Occupy Wall Street Protesters.

According to Intel Hub, Occupy Wall Street is in the beginning stages of becoming an American Revolution, something long desired by the GOP and Tea Party in order to demonstrate that the current administration is at fault, using the American people to do so.

Fighting U.S. corporate greed is fast becoming a sign of the times. So is the inability to tax the ultra-rich instead of the poor and low-income---two groups that are becoming poorer by the second while the GOPs remain obsessed with the removal of President Obama from his position, not in the survival of the American people.

The only thing worse is if the Tea Party occupies Wall Street. Or would it?

When Occupy Wall Street took action on September 17, 2011, Lower Manhattan was being taken over by thousands of activists. Since then, its only recognition has been through the social media by its protestors, not corporate media. Digital Journal writer, KJ Mullins, wrote in the article, “Op-Ed: Wall Street is Occupied protest not getting media coverage,”

Several of the peaceful protesters have been arrested during the Occupy Wall Street protest by those who say they are the 99 percent of Americans who are facing economic crisis. The protesters are maintaining a peaceful encampment protesting the financial institutions that have been in the protesters words being in control of our land.

The Obama administration is and has been fighting corporate America as much as struggling Americans, continuously being blackmailed by the elite GOP attempting to gain control of the White House and the people of America. Fighting to tax the elite wealthy to help the United States' job situation will not pass the GOP, as the majority of them are these elite...including Big Oil.

Cities supporting the Occupy Wall Street resistance are national and worldwide: Madrid, Spain; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; Toronto, Canada; London, England; Athens, Greece; Sydney, Australia; Stuttgart, Germany; Tokyo, Japan; Milan, Italy; Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Algiers, Algeria; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Portland, Oregon; and Chicago, Illinois.

Cities in the process of joining Occupy Wall Street are Phoenix, Arizona; Montreal, Canada; Cleveland, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Kansas City, MO; Seattle, Washington; and Orlando, Florida.

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...4#ixzz1Z59fjOm8

#95 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Interesting quote from Malcom Gladwell:
[I]
One of the great forgotten facts about the United States is that not very long ago the wealthy weren't all that wealthy. Up until the 1960s, the gap between rich and poor in the United States was relatively narrow.

Once "they" knocked off Kennedy it became a whole new world

#96 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Regardless of what party is in power, social welfarism, government regulation of personal nonviolent habits, and foreign military entanglements never change, despite the campaign promises regarding the constitution or freedom. Policies are dictated by prevailing attitudes and influenced by the ideology of the establishment that supports unlimited government

Obama has in fact, been in full support of corporate corruption. To think other wise is to buy into the propaganda of the democrats. It is this incessant type of demogogurey that plagues our political system and needs to be exposed for what it is. The 2 party system works in tandem with corporate interests from either side. Both support preventive wars and corporate lobby style corruption.

#97 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

Cities in the process of joining Occupy Wall Street are Phoenix, Arizona; Montreal, Canada; Cleveland, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Kansas City, MO; Seattle, Washington; and Orlando, Florida.

add philly to that list

#98 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

immortal technique

http://qik.com/video/44583274

for serious...watch this...as real as real can be...not an intellectual, just someone who knows what's up

#99 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.
Mohandas Gandhi

#100 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Boston has something going tomorrow night @ 7pm on the Common. The timing doesn't really make much sense