• 16,319 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

#152 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Just watched this again this morning. Wish every person on the planet would watch this - one of the most important docs I've seen. If you think Monsanto and gm foods are innocuous, please watch.

http://thefutureoffo...nlinevideo.html

#153 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yummy photos! The strawberries look yummy....counting the months until my strawberry garden comes back to life. I tried like a mofo to clone them and grow them in a hydro setup and it failed...

#155 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

#156 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

so, after one full month of following Esselstyn while at home, i can't speak for Jason who hasn't had his blood work and whatnot done yet but as for me, the results so far have been dramatic!

my lipid panel came back - all very good. overall cholesterol under 110 and my LDL is 90. my blood pressure is well within normal range, and the by far the best it's ever been in my adult life. i've dropped 8 pounds in 30 days and my generally poor circulation has improved significantly. my doctor was impressed. i think a lot of people say they're making big changes, and then don't follow through. we have, and it shows.

i'm super happy about all of this. i don't think i'll ever follow Esselstyn to the letter while outside the house, unless it becomes necessary for health reasons...but i'm happy to do this at home to ensure continued good heart health!

okay back to preparing spinach dip, cheese trays, and a heavy Italian meal for our Christmas Eve open house :funny1: i can't remember the last time we had so much junk food in the house, but it is Christmas and apparently nothing says "i love you" more than high fat foods.

happy holidays friends! :) :heart:

#157 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

AWESOME!!!

Food=health :)

#158 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

this looks interesting

http://www.amazon.co...words=chow down

#159 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

important doc as well Seeds Of Freedom

http://www.filmsfora...f_freedom_2012/

#160 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

So far, so good for Vegan Monday. :)

#161 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

la fork le face

#162 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

So far, so good for Vegan Monday. :)

here too.  hot cereal (green tea and oats with amaranth, quinoa, raisins and cinnamon), lunch was a tomato sandwich on pumpernickle bread, and dinner was a barley and black bean stew with chipotle, corn, jalapeno, green onion and some other stuff. plus an awesome salad (romaine, cucumber, red bell pepper, cilantro, tomato, green olive) with lime cilantro jalapeno dressing topped with avocado.

i've convinced Jason to get his bloodwork done before cutting out all oils, as a baseline.  and to see how much of a difference just eating clean and vegan makes in his numbers :)

#163 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hope the numbers are great! :)

#164 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Vegan Monday, then vegan Wednesday...yikes.

#165 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thug, tell Jason we hope the numbers are good.

So, are his folks still with you? If so, how's the navigating of the junky food they are bringin in?

#166 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Vegan Monday, then vegan Wednesday...yikes.

Congrats!

I've lasted almost a month so far with the vegan thingy and prolly pretty sure the lifestyle will stay with me forever.

#167 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Congrats! I've lasted almost a month so far with the vegan thingy and prolly pretty sure the lifestyle will stay with me forever.

Congrats to you! Still planning to ease into it, but each time I contemplate eating dairy, I get a twinge now.

Thanks a lot, cc. :rolleyes:

#168 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,044 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Same here.  I still do a lil dairy.  Pizza is my weakness by far. But I do long streches of vegan for a week-10 days.

#169 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

That's awesome, M!

#170 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Watched this at lunch. Dunno if cc has posted it before, or even seen it. I disagree with some of his philosophies about violence against people being acceptable (not mentioned in this talk, but stuff I found about him while I was watching), but this talk, while very disturbing in places, is spot on, I think...

#171 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thug, tell Jason we hope the numbers are good.

So, are his folks still with you? If so, how's the navigating of the junky food they are bringin in?

thanks you guys...i will tell him :)

and yes, they are with us part-time still.  less now that his dad's leukemia treatments are completed and they can spend more time away from up here...but that just wrapped up last week.  and it did get easier, after a while.  the things they eat when they indulge tend not to be things that appeal to either of us any more.  i used to LOVE cheese, but now a slice of pizza makes me feel so lousy that it's not even worth it any more (something i never, ever thought i'd hear myself say, believe me!)  so their cheese-laden pastas and stuff don't tempt me like they used to.  same with the sugary breakfast foods...french toast, sugary cereals with whole milk, coffee with cream and sugar.  that stuff can stay in the house until it expires and i'd never touch it again.  

the yummy sweet homemade baked stuff, well, i find it relatively easy to resist for a short time.  and once they're out of the house, that stuff goes immediately if they don't take it with them.  i know my limits.  

there are a few things that still tempt us, but if we indulge, it's a once in a blue moon thing.  and they're starting to get it, too, and pay more attention to the stuff that is hard for us to resist.  at least, it seems that way.  the daily bagel delivery has stopped. :lol:

anyway, now that the holidays have passed and Pop's leukemia treatments are done for the time being, we're shipping them off to Florida for a couple of months of much-needed r&r.  they leave in a week or so.  i'm so excited for them...they need this break from the reality of everything.  Badly.  

#172 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

glad to read this, thug. Yeah,t he sugar breakfast stuff has no appeal to me either. Reads as though the cheese addiction is waning as well. 

I think the body just starts to reject the crappy stuff once you've cleaned house and adjusted to healthier foods and flavors.

and yay for parents getting some florida time! much deserved :)

#173 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

3774_10151197464467019_1437037508_n.jpg