Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

Palestinians Formally Request U.N. Membership

UNITED NATIONS

#202 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

So, you're saying that the Israeli government does not participate in propaganda?

Here's my 'drive through' :lol:

I never said Israel does not participate in propaganda.

However, on the whole, they do a piss poor job.

I don't intend to give a full analysis, spending hours on my time just for your benefit.

#203 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

You're good at selective drive-thru. :lol:

And I dont need you to spend any time on anything for my benefit.:rolleyes: But when you make an assertion in a discussion, for the benefit of being paid attention to and believed, it is best to provide examples.

Otherwise youre just driving thru and your opinion or points hold very little merit. And since your preferred debate tool is the "drive-by", I'll just avoid the debate with ya. It'll free up my time anyway.

#204 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,548 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

drive by?? that shits a hit and run

#205 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

#206 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,548 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

:lol:

#207 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

so how about this, this fellow is a unnaffiliated athiest from england, used to be pro peace, used to be strongly in favor of a 2 state solution, and used to be very pro palestinian.
I agree with nearly everything this guy says in this video.

#208 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

If the United States tomorrow stopped funding Israel and Palestine, denounced "allegiance" to either and let them work it out.
What do you think would happen?

(I hold no stake in this fight at all outside my tax dollars...which dont exist really.)

#209 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

And Israel participates in the same teachings from what I've read.....

#210 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

so how about this, this fellow is a unnaffiliated athiest from england, used to be pro peace, used to be strongly in favor of a 2 state solution, and used to be very pro palestinian.

You got a link to back any of that up? Everything I've found shows him to be nothing but a hate filled bigot

#211 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

And Israel participates in the same teachings from what I've read.....

the israeli govmnt does not as a routine spew hate, the PA govt, and hamas do.

yes there are extremist israeli's who say reprehensible things, but its not what comes from the official mouthpieces...

#212 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

You got a link to back any of that up? Everything I've found shows him to be nothing but a hate filled bigot

i've been watching this guys videos on youtube for some time, he has been at times highly critical of Israels actions.

you can go back to earlier videos of his being extremely critical of israel.

#213 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

If the United States tomorrow stopped funding Israel and Palestine, denounced "allegiance" to either and let them work it out.
What do you think would happen?

(I hold no stake in this fight at all outside my tax dollars...which dont exist really.)

:huh:

#214 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

honestly tasb, i dont think it would be in americas best interest to do that, so i dont think that will happen, israel is to important a trade parterner and to useful in terms of security for the us to walk away from this whole thing.

and i think if it were to happen, i think the same thing that is happening will still go on. this whole mess will fester for years, until a categorical change happens in arab society, it would have been nice if the events of the spring made that change but it doesnt appear so. there is a trait in the arab world that uses the israeli-palestinian conflic to distract its populace from its own problems, and in egypt that is starting up after being mostly absent for 30ish years.

#215 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

And i dont see peace happening when this is the words of a PA ambassador...

[quote name='http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2011/10/plo-ambassador-in-brazil-israel-must.html']PLO ambassador in Brazil: "Israel must disappear"
From Reinaldo Azevedo in Veja-Brazil, Brazil's most popular magazine:

Imagine the scandal if an Israeli diplomat said:

#216 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

honestly tasb, i dont think it would be in americas best interest to do that, so i dont think that will happen, israel is to important a trade parterner and to useful in terms of security for the us to walk away from this whole thing.

and i think if it were to happen, i think the same thing that is happening will still go on. this whole mess will fester for years, until a categorical change happens in arab society, it would have been nice if the events of the spring made that change but it doesnt appear so. there is a trait in the arab world that uses the israeli-palestinian conflic to distract its populace from its own problems, and in egypt that is starting up after being mostly absent for 30ish years.

So if the USA stopped funding either side and denounced "allegiance"? :huh:

#217 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

what i am saying is this will fester for a while likely...

#218 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

either way

#219 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,667 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

:coffee:

#220 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

i've been watching this guys videos on youtube for some time, he has been at times highly critical of Israels actions.

you can go back to earlier videos of his being extremely critical of israel.

Link?

I went back about 4 years worth and it looks like everything is pretty much Christian and Islam rants.

I did see one that wasn't nearly as critical

#221 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

So I looked a little more and this guy really is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've heard. He's doing nothing but consistently spouting hate against Islam and Christianity.

A google of "Pat Condell Jews" turned up just 2 videos, this, which is nothing but a fluff piece

and this

Please tell me I'm missing some

Honestly, if this is the stuff you've been watching and listening to it's no wonder you hold the views you do.

#222 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

i dont think you understand the views that i hold.
I am a zionist who beleives in the right of the jewish people to self determination in a jewish state in the land of israel.
I would have prefered a palestinian state side by side with israel but i feel the palestinian leadership has endlesly failed its people, walking away from deals in 2000, 2004,2008 that would give them most of their demands.
I beleive right now the goal of the Palestinian leadership is to initially create 2 states, a judenrein (thats german for jew free) palestine in the west bank and gaza, and a binational state in "pre-67" israel, by demanding to repatriate all of the palestinian refugees to pre67 israel. that is a goal they speak of these days and have been saying it to anyone who can parse their words. I think the next step after that is a desire for palestine to be part of the greater arab nation, and there is no desire to hjave a palestine aside from the need to get rid of the jewish state.

I want a peaceful palestinian state living side by side with israel, the jewish state, these days the palestinians say they can never recoginise israel as a jewish state, but they themselfs in their charters say that Islam will be the religioin of palestine.

I want a peaceful coexistance for israel and her neighbors but the arab zeitgeist has to get over having lost a war, and face up to the reality of israel.

some day with monumental societal change peace may be possible but right now the arab world is still to interested in using the plight of the palestinians plus the conflict with israel to distract its people from the real issues at hand , and will perpetuate the conflict as long as possible to use it for cynical goals.

I am well educated about the history in the region, i wasnt educated from pat condells videos, i found them well after my worldview was formed. but i agree with a great deal of what he says, not all but a great deal of what he says, including what he has to say about christianity (historically the greatest force for destruction in the history of humanity) and islam.

#223 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Well, thanks for spreading that pile of crap around. :lol:

I hadn't heard the guy before and obviously wasn't missing anything of consequence