• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Seems PMS equals depression for me like clock-work. Just caught myself thinking (actually said it out loud) how I would like to slit my throat.

Certainly hoping menopause won't be similar to one long PMS plus hot-flashes.

#2 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

((TEO))

I know the feeling darlin'. I get what I call 'the terrible fears' when I am PMS. Suddenly everything is negative...

Just think though! You'll be at Wormtown with the gang with weekend :heart:

XO

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

:smile: :heart:

#4 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

i felt like SHIT the other day. no reason other than hormones.

today on the ride to work i noticed that i was practically bouncing on air.

amazing how our moods can shift so suddenly. oh, the joys of being a woman. at least this, too, shall pass!

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

There is that!

#6 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

This weekend should cure all that makes you blue :heart:

When I find myself throwing a mini temper tantrum I look at a calendar...and like clock work me being all pissed off at irrational things happens the same time every month

#7 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

This was wanting to be dead and thinking about ways to accomplish such.

#8 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

oh that's no good Teo...like thinking in general or thinking how to implement?

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Both, but not dwelling once I caught myself. :wink:

#10 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

:heart::heart:

#11 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

that doesn't sound like normal PMS. maybe PMDD? you should mention it to your doctor <3

#12 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hmm...does seem to have many of those characteristics. Was thinking maybe 3 years of chronic pain was also wearing me down.

GP hasn't been all that helpful. Hmm...might be time to check into alternative health venues for this.

#13 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

definitely shop around!

#14 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

i swear by my acupuncturist. He is able to fix me without dealing with my GP :) cured strep throat in 2 days! I was amazed...fixed the sciatic issue in my hip I had for 5 years in less then a month (and I've been pain free for over a year now!) They can do great things!

#15 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

I have tried several in the past to no avail. One has been recommended who is alleged to be quite good, but those recommending never seem to come through with a telephone number or even a close spelling of name. Wah, guess that just means I need to investigate more aggressively.

#16 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

If you were closer I'd totally send you to mine...but I think that commute might be a bit much LOL

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

:heart: :smile:

#18 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:40 AM

Oh shit I went into the women's only section

making an quick exit........ need to read this stuff as much as I need to read about old men needing stuff for their ED (soft dicks).

#19 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

:lol:

#20 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Oh shit I went into the women's only section

making an quick exit........ need to read this stuff as much as I need to read about old men needing stuff for their ED (soft dicks).

:rolleyes:

#21 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,382 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

sending you love and light, TEO, and a hope that you work aggressively toward a solution. you are too amazing for words and i hate that hormones can wreak such havoc with your emotions :heart:

#22 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

i was talking to Lemire's lovely ladyfriend, Liz (la la la), about a medical practice called "Rolfing" - she saw a health care practitioner in NJ who literally healed 10 years of pain in one session. she went to the first visit and didn't even tell him much about herself, except that she was having intense, chronic back pain. he took one look at her and zoomed in immediately on one of her ribs... saw that something was misaligned and pushed it back into place. she didn't mention that she had an injury to that rib in college which forced her to quit playing soccer (a passion) - he just honed right in on it... once he popped it back into place she said there was this HUGE release of emotion - all these old thoughts and memories came to the surface... it was like a wave of relief - and she said she hasn't had back pain since.

anyway, might be something to look into. here is a description about Rolfing and a provider search engine:

http://www.rolf.org/find

Named after its founder, Dr. Ida P. Rolf, Rolfing Structural Integration is a form of bodywork that reorganizes the connective tissues, called fascia, that permeate the entire body.

More than fifty years ago, Dr. Rolf recognized that the body is inherently a system of seamless networks of tissues rather than a collection of separate parts. These connective tissues surround, support and penetrate all of the muscles, bones, nerves and organs. Rolfing Structural Integration works on this web-like complex of connective tissues to release, realign and balance the whole body.

Essentially, the Rolfing process enables the body to regain the natural integrity of its form, thus enhancing postural efficiency and your freedom of movement.

What are the benefits?

Rolfing Structural Integration has the ability to dramatically alter a person's posture and structure. Rolfing SI can potentialy resolve discomfort, release tension and alleviate pain. Rolfing SI aims to restore flexibility, revitalize your energy and leave you feeling more comfortable in your body.

Athletes, dancers, children, business professionals, and people from all walks of life have benefited from Rolfing SI. People seek Rolfing SI as a way to ease pain and chronic stress , and improve performance in their professional and daily activities. It's estimated that more than 1 million people have received Rolfing work.

Research has demonstrated that Rolfing SI creates a more efficient use of the muscles, allows the body to conserve energy, and creates more economical and refined patterns of movement. Research also shows that Rolfing SI significantly reduces chronic stress and changes in the body structure. For example, a study showed that Rolfing SI significantly reduced the spinal curvature of subjects with lordosis (sway back); it also showed that Rolfing SI enhances neurological functioning.

The term "Rolfing" is the nickname that many clients and practitioners give this work. It is now a registered service mark in 27 countries.

#23 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

I've been rolfed! it's painful as hell but it helped my scoloscious...however you spell it

#24 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thank you Kramer!

I have done the initial recommended series of sessions, then one a month for a year and it does help some.
Based on the above, it sounds like it would be worth traveling to a well recommended rolfer to see if that makes a difference.