• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#351 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

i 'could' be up to celebrating your birthday if it interests you :heart:

It does, but I'm short on funds this week so maybe if we just get a bottle of wine and chill? :heart:

#352 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

just to let yall know,....... ozomatli is comming to town !!!!!! wooohoooo, i'm gonna try to go and get my groove on!

Love these guys. :smile:

#353 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

me too , a friend of mine is originaly from cali and she got me into them

#354 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

What are yall up to on Fri? I think I'm going to be on my own.

I'll be home with Sierra. If per chance u need a sitter... feel free to drop off the crew:heart:

#355 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

well, cass will be @ the holy name dance so its mike me and the 2 youngers. bottle of wine and chill sounds fine to me. :heart:

#356 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Thanks guys...the kids are all set- Abby is actually leaving tonight for FL and Jerry will be with his dad. I was starting to feel a touch sorry for myself. I hate that feeling. :heart:

#357 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

awwwwww Hope you have a fantastic birthday either way... :bd::shine::heart:

#358 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Please reply to BostonCastingRunners@gmail.com

Boston Casting Seeks Experienced Runners for a Saucony Television Commercial

We are looking for the following. Please respond only if you fit the description we're looking for:

Male and Females, 18 - 25 years old, all ethnicities, NON-UNION only
Must run at least 15 - 20 miles per week
Must be in excellent physical condition
Must be available ALL DAY without conflict on Tuesday, April 20 and Wednesday, April 21(rain date) for the shoot. Job will only shoot one day.

Auditions will be held by appointment on Thursday, April 15.

Please e-mail current photo of you, (preferably in athletic gear) and phone number to BostonCastingRunners@gmail.com by 2 pm Wednesday, April 14 to be considered.

If you are chosen for an audition, you will be contacted directly with more information. If cast, job will pay $500 plus free Saucony gear.

#359 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

any hoopers in the area???:wook:

actually - if you guys have any friends in the area that are hoopers, let me know! looking to have some meetups outside the city (metrowest?)

#360 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

anyone goin to Nate Wilson at Church tommorrow evenin? :smile:

#361 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

gary backstrom at my house bar in quincy on friday

#362 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

gary backstrom at my house bar in quincy on friday

so my friend lives in quincy. one night we were out at a bar and we spent the last half hour we were there talking about we were going to "my house". she and her husband kept saying "lets go to my house" over and over. im all excited cuz i dont drink and prefer chilling at peoples houses :pimp:

needless to say, when she started giving me directions to "my house" and it was the opposite way of "her house" i decided to go home.....

#363 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

the bar looks like a sht hole but i have not been inside yet so .............

#364 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

soulive at the dise thurs/fri
rmb/martin sexton at hob sat

#365 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

anyone goin to Nate Wilson at Church tommorrow evenin? :smile:

so then, nope? :funny1:

#366 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

Hey Chris, I guess not...

Sorry I have not been reading the threads much lately.

Upcoming Boston music for me:
rmb/sexton @ HoB on Saturday
Zach Deputy at Johnny D's next Thursday.

#367 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

soulive tonight
ryan tomorrow
hoping for zach but have to see after this weekend, lol. :dance:

#368 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

#369 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

May 3, 2010
Boston Casting is seeking Caucasian Union and Non-Union Chubby Boys between the ages of 6 - 11 for a feature film directed by the acclaimed director Martha Coolidge. The film starts shooting June 28 in the metro Boston area.

To be considered, e-mail a current photo, resume and phone number to angela@bostoncasting.com by Friday, May 7.

NOT FOR PRESS

#370 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

big huge announcement comming to you soon from the desk of miss Lady J
:one:

#371 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:13 AM

May 3, 2010
Boston Casting is seeking Caucasian Union and Non-Union Chubby Boys between the ages of 6 - 11 for a feature film directed by the acclaimed director Martha Coolidge. The film starts shooting June 28 in the metro Boston area.

To be considered, e-mail a current photo, resume and phone number to angela@bostoncasting.com by Friday, May 7.

NOT FOR PRESS

Mines out, he's 12, but also he just had a physical and he is in the 30th for weight and height. Also a very low BMI, which I am quite glad about. She said he is just about to spurt and I told her to STFU. No, I didn't really.

#372 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Nice seeing eveyone at EarthFest Sat. :smile:

#373 Drummy LeSaque

Drummy LeSaque
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yeeee-oh!

Boston drummer here. Bringing the beat again to GOTV 2010. Feel it. Love it. Come to the Oasis of Doom and be a part of the party!

#374 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Yeeee-oh!

Boston drummer here. Bringing the beat again to GOTV 2010. Feel it. Love it. Come to the Oasis of Doom and be a part of the party!

YOU SHOULD BRING THE FUNK DOWN TO OUR ALL NIGHT BEACH JAM!!!!! NOT SURE WHAT NIGHT BUT I'LL POST UP FLYERS (MAYBE) MOST PEOPLE HEAR ABOUT IT, GRAB THEIR STUFF AND TRY TO FIND US.

#375 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Mines out, he's 12, but also he just had a physical and he is in the 30th for weight and height. Also a very low BMI, which I am quite glad about. She said he is just about to spurt and I told her to STFU. No, I didn't really.

I should SO know better than to simultaneously read your posts and drink from my water cup....it rarely ends well :lmao: :funny1:

Yes! Very nice to see everyone at the Earthy Fest~!

I found my favorite lil Bodega!!

#376 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

oh, anyone from Boston area a big Iron Man (movie) fan? I won a coupla tix to the (imax??) SNEAK PREVIEW at Boston Common AMC...

let me know if you'd like to be the +1 :smile: males (no homo, well yes homo, but me no homo :lol: ) females... (yes het..oh i don't care)

#377 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

hello and happy friday ....
i found out that i am performing this sunday night ( early eve i think) in boston , i will post the details when i get all the info....

#378 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Anyone attending the silliness at Hatch Shell this weekend? I'll be working with Recyclilng Team :dunno:

#379 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Anyone attending the silliness at Hatch Shell this weekend? I'll be working with Recyclilng Team :dunno:

i don't think so

i am playing tomorrow night with close to home @ MY HOUSE BAR AND LOUNGE in quincy @9 pm ( right over the foure river bridge from weymouth to quincy) free pool, nintendo wii, massage chair , cheap beer and $1 pizza........... it's gonna be a great time!!!!!!!

#380 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

we might show up chris. i've been sitting for tommy for weeks and busy with the music program finally launching at school. i could really use it! don't care too much for the bands but really want to get in the festie mood. lol. :heart:

#381 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

Not likely...I'm working during the day both Saturday and Sunday and need to get tires on my car and camper...and start packing. Have fun everyone!:jump:

#382 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

well gimme a call if you land there... I'm working recycling from 1-4 PM
781-475-3298

#383 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

C.P. CASTING IS SEEKING:
3 BODY DOUBLES*,
Approx. 22-38 years old,
That MATCH the following descriptions:
Blonde Female
5'4'', 113lbs, 25" waist, 34C
Brown Haired Male
6'0'', 185lbs (VERY FIT), 34" waist
Dark Blonde Haired Male
6'4'', 170lbs (VERY SLIM), 31" waist
*A body double is a general term for someone who substitutes for the credited actor of a character and is used in shots involving brief nudity. This is well paid work (a minimum of $782.00 for 8 hours work, plus overtime...) in a feature film now shooting in Massachusetts. Please read the descriptions carefully, noting height AND weight.
If you fit on of the descriptions, and are interested in this work, please REPLY to this email.

<matt@cpcasting.com>

#384 BoggleKng

BoggleKng
  • VibeTribe
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

Not tall enough :undecided:

#385 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Nor I. Nor Very Fit Enough. :funny1:

#386 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

June 8, 2010

*** DO NOT HIT REPLY- PLEASE READ BELOW ***

Element Productions is seeking spirited men and women of all ages to be part of a bar scene for an upcoming television show on Animal Planet.

The scene involves a bar full of energetic pet lovers who take sides in a gigantic debate of whether cats or dogs reign supreme. Things are bound to get rowdy as defenders put forth their best argument. If you have some feistiness in you, this is the time to bring it out!

If you are interested in attending Wednesday June 9th, from 12-2PM please send an to Kaitlin at dogsvcats@powderhouse.net with your full name, telephone number, and photo of yourself.

#387 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

I may do this one simply because I kind of Met up with Ana Faris about two weeks ago while they were filming a scene near my building and where I enter the subway... I hung around and *may* have made it into the scene.. the director was like.. OK guy, you can stay right there but dont stare at Ana or the camera :lol:

anyway... for those who may care or know someone who might:

UNION *OR* NON-UNION PEOPLE ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME TO THE CASTING CALL
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TO A CASTING CALL FOR THIS MOVIE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What's Your Number?" revolves around a young woman (Anna Faris) who, with the aid of her womanizing next door neighbor (Chris Evans), decides to re-visit all her ex-boyfriends in the hopes of finding the man of her dreams.
Anna Faris has starred in films such as "The House Bunny" and the "Scary Movie" series, and the (from Massachusetts!) Chris Evans, best known for the "Fantastic Four" movies, seen recently in "The Losers", and next up Chris is set to star as Captain America / Steve Rogers in the Joe Johnston-directed origin story of Marvel's iconic super soldier.
The director is Brit Mark Mylod who previously helmed "Ali G Indahouse" before moving stateside with HBO's "Entourage," on which he was a director and co-executive producer.
The movie films in the Boston area now though July 15

WHEN:
MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
3:00pm until 7:00PM

There is NO ADVANTAGE to showing up EARLY!
Please come by anytime between 3:00pm and 6:45pm.
You will be filling out a size card and having a photo taken.
WHERE:
GameOn! Fenway

82 Landsdowne Street
Boston, MA 02116

On the corner of Brookline Ave. and Landsdowne St.
Right next to Fenway park!
If chosen to work in this movie, these will all be PAID JOBS.

#388 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Lady J and the trailer trash trio at the simple man saloon clinton mass tonight

#389 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

Lady J and the trailer trash trio at the simple man saloon clinton mass tonight

i'll be at patriot place seeing the eagles. have a blast lady j and maybe i'll see you in july at johnny d's :Phishfolk:

#390 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

i'll be at patriot place seeing the eagles. have a blast lady j and maybe i'll see you in july at johnny d's :Phishfolk:

i am sorry but i will not be a johnny d's i am going to maine that weekend :( btw were you at the sun jones cookout at fessa's?

#391 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

:joker: I saw none of you at the Pride Block Party on Sunday!! :funny1:

#392 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,922 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:56 AM

some good stuff coming up..

anybody been here?

http://www.mktix.com...16&Format=CN2NN

http://tickets.ncfta.org/default.asp

http://www.melodytent.org/events.php

#393 StoneKid

StoneKid
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts
  • LocationNew Bedford, MA

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

some good stuff coming up..

anybody been here?

I live about 15 minutes from the Narrows Center and go to about 5 or 6 shows a year. It is a really cool venue with a bunch of artists' spaces, and about a 200-300 person music room. It is the top floor of an old mill that has been rehabbed. They even have an elevator now...which is WAY better than the 8 flights of stairs that this old body can't take too many times, up and down in the same night for :pimp::pimp::pimp:!!!

They get a bunch of good national bands throughout the year. Prices are reasonable. Oh...and it is BYOB, which is really nice!!! They have a small snack bar, but do not serve alcohol.

You need to get there early as the seats (they are actually old church pews) fill up early. Some people get here really early and set up small wine and cheese spreads.

They generally end early, but there is a really cool bar next door called The Waterstreet Cafe. You get in free if you have a ticket to the Narrows. Depending on the night, they get some really good Blues/Latin/Oldies Rock/etc. type bands.

If you ever decide to go, send me a PM...I can let you know what else is going on in the area!!

#394 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Narrows is the best kept secret in New England. Child friendly; especially good in the wintertime when there aren't ourdoor shows you can bring kids to. Very intimate setting.

I love the Melody Tent, but it can be a little far to drive. But it's definitely one of my fav venues. The sound is usually outstanding and every seat is a good seat in that place. Only thing is the beer lines can suck, but I usually have nips on hand anyway. :smile:

Lowell is really neat, kid friendly...one of their guiding principals is bringing live music to folks for reasonable prices and kids are fre. - Last year we all went to see Derek Trucks Band and it was probably my favorite show of the year. Smoked. It can be a little uptight, folks aren't up and dancing around the way we are, but we just set up shop very early near the soundbooth, and if you sit behind us it's your own damn fault. We ain't exactly incognito. :lol:

I'm booked straight up through August, so I'll have to check the music schedules in a few week.

#395 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

I really want to check out the Escoheag Reggae fest...but its a week after vibes.... :undecided:

#396 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

They even have an elevator now...which is WAY better than the 8 flights of stairs that this old body can't take too many times, up and down in the same night for :pimp::pimp::pimp:!!!

that is awesome.

I've only been there the one time, but do recall those stairs were tough.... specially w/ a loaded cooler... then just being loaded. :cool:

#397 StoneKid

StoneKid
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts
  • LocationNew Bedford, MA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

that is awesome.

I've only been there the one time, but do recall those stairs were tough.... specially w/ a loaded cooler... then just being loaded. :cool:

Exactly!!!

Just learned an interesting new thing about the Narrows. A friend of mine used to be a keyboard player in a few lounge acts years ago. He has had a Hammond B3 and Leslie (sp??) sitting in his mother's front porch for a long time un-used (not enough space and he lives on 3rd floor). So he talked to the folks at the Narrows and they let him keep it stored there now. Now he goes 3 or 4 times a month to practice. He lets them use it if they need it, and gets into all shows for free!! So if you know anyone playing there, and they want to use a really nice classic well cared for Hammond, let me know!!!
:wook::wook::wook:

#398 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

These are far from "our" ? kind of music, but it's a Boston thing..

Neon Trees
Paper Toungues

Free Concert (its actually pretty huge, google "Taking Back Sunday boston" for videos of last year even)

City Hall Plaza.
This Thursday around 6pm
I'm working security on the barricade..... body surfing will abound. :shocked:

#399 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,922 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Oh I've been to the narrows, i was wondering if anyone had been to the lowell shows, but thanks :smile:

chris, there is a reggae fest in newport http://www.zvents.co...riginal-wailers

#400 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

SWEET DEAL today only on GROUPON

10 bucks gets you a 50 dollar "cover charge" card.

for Posted Image

http://view.e.groupo...00479701276&r=0