- - - - -

THE ALL NEW BOSTON BOARDIES GATHERING THREAD

• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#301 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

that's really cool i hope to see you there sometime, i don't get to go often but when i do............:dance:

#302 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

neither do i unfortunately. hope to get to a show really soon. :jamguy:

#303 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:zmZOXKqUB-EsTM::www.cognacscorner.tv/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/charlie-sheen.jpg&h=78&w=56&usg=__8eVuh_WICpvuT9lsydJTZx6Ogx8=http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:yP-Ot6PE66MPLM::www.amymittelman.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/julie_andrews_as_mary_poppins.jpg&h=78&w=83&usg=__3DFzQO6_Ruq-lNsvdNnef3QzkrE=[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UQx7_X5UTqAbBM:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5EmVrdDe9Gs/RoPb4wKqowI/AAAAAAAAAS4/28wD3Ox2D2s/s320/Tommy_1975.jpg[/IMG]

#304 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and souls of those who love me and Weymouth, Massachusetts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

ok boston peoples tonight lady j will be at Foundation Room @ The House of Blues Boston with sun jones, orignal funky and acoustic music, very positive lyrics and very good times

tomorrow night 2 for you , close to home and the mike travers band at the vegas lounge norwood , great orignals and your fave dead, led zeplin, pink floyd and funk covers :dance::Phishfolk::rose:

#305 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

i may see you tonight but am not 100% yet. any chance you might wanna go to the dise tomorrow instead??? :huh:

#306 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

ps- backstrom will be down in the blues kitchen tonight too!! :dance:

#307 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

2night? you guys goin? Maybe I'll head ovah.... is this the Night Trey A is at HOB too? :dunno:

Gary is awesome ... dig his voice a lot

#308 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

:rolleyes:yeah, we're not gonna make it. mike was home sick all day. come out tomorrow chris, its only $13

#309 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

**Redbones**
One dinner shop available for the month to be done before February 23rd
If you are interested in doing this shop, please let me know when you would be available to do it, or you may sign up for it right through our website! All you have to do is go to http://shopper.myste...pperprogram.com. Log in, using your e-mail address as your user name. Your password will be the first two letters of your last name, (in lowercase), followed by the last four digits of your home telephone number. The shop may appear right on your home page. If not, try selecting, “Show Me Shops Outside of My Area”, and selecting the city where the shop is. (If you still do not see it, please contact me, to see if the visit was already taken, or if you need to be signed up for it by a scheduler.)

#310 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

Man, I need to check the board more often...

#311 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

sun jones tonight at olearys in brookline for more info go to www.sunjones.com

#312 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

ooh maybe i can do it tonight. :huh:

#313 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

i couldn't make it last night :( but their is always other times. i can't wait till they play festivals this summer!

#314 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

I just listened to some of them there Sun Jones.... good stuff :jamguy:

#315 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

I just listened to some of them there Sun Jones.... good stuff :jamguy:

very good to hear next time they play house of blues i'll be there you should try to make it out :)

#316 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

will do!

ok, a bit late on this, but looks pretty cool if anyone could swing it:

http://www.americanartifactmovie.com/

BOSTON PREMIERE: THE BORDY THEATER, MA: Tue Feb 23rd, 6:30p
(artist / director appearances)
Emerson College
Bordy Theater
216 Tremont St., 1st Floor
Boston, MA 02116 (directions)
ph 781.395.1327
tickets: TBD

American Artifact will be screening at Emerson College's Bordy Theater on Tuesday, Feb 23rd. The screening will be accompanied by refreshments, an art show, and Q&A with Director Merle Becker, and Boston artist Clif Stoltze ( http://www.stoltze.c...ters/index.html ). Please see: http://boston.aiga.org/events/upcoming-events for more info.

#317 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:38 AM

what's up this weekend?

#318 Drewster

Drewster
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:59 AM

Furthur at the Sun for me this weekend! Anybody else from Boston going?

#319 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

yeah further is prob the big show this weekend not sure what the local seen has to offer yet but i will get back to that in another post.

#320 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

U-Melt at Harpers on Saturday.

Have not seen them yet, but Spiritual Rez at the Middle East on Friday.

#321 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'll be up at Furthur at Mohegan Friday, many folks will be hitting the Dubliner pre-show.... :pttigui:

#322 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

oh, for you rough and tumble types:

C.P. Casting is seeking a PROFESSIONAL STUNT WOMAN, 28-38 years old, for work in an AFTRA TV pilot shooting over the next few weeks. You will be jogging for a long distance, falling off a bridge, laying in a river, simulating drowning, and various similar stunts.

To be considered, please EMAIL a headshot, or recent photo AND a resume or short bio to:
EMAIL: matt@cpcasting.com
Candidates will be contacted via email, and given instructions on how to set up an audition appointment.

#323 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

I caught Furthur in Manchester last week. I think that will be my only show. And besides, need to work a full day tomorrow and don't want to deal with traffic Woburn>Mohegan at 6pm. :eek

#324 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

:jamguy: I need to make sure to grab up some tix for the show in Lowell, MA in the summer :boogie:

#325 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

hey guys i will be performing with the band close to home at the end of the month at chiliheads bbq , more details to come :)

#326 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

How was the Mohegan show, Chris?

Hey now, are tickets still available for Lowell? I haven't even looked!

#327 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hi Matty.... Mohegan was damn good
Posted Image
Three of these people are friends I have not met yet :lol:

Anyway.... good show.... Mohegan is a great place for a show... in the Winter anyway.... great vibe, I thought.

Jeez, I don't know if there are tickets for Lowell Furthur... it's a tiny place. I grabbed one on whimsy - since its right up the street a bit.

you doing any of the Boston madness the weekend of the 19th? I've not secured tix for any of that fun. :jamguy: yet.

#328 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

hey boston boardies
ON FRIDAY MARCH 26TH
I AM GOING TO BE PERFORMING WITH CLOSE TO HOME
AT CHILI HEADS!( i am filling in)

GREAT FOOD, AWSOME MUSIC AND REALLY GOOD TIMES WITH FRIENDS. SO COME ON OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR GIRL!!!!!!!!

Chili Head Barbeque
320 West Center Street (Route 106)
West Bridgewater, MA 02379

We're located in Glad Acres Plaza, one mile east of Route 24 on Route 106. Take Route 24 to Exit 16 (Route 106) toward West Bridgewater. We are located one mile down on your right.

FOR MORE INFO GO TO WWW.CLOSETOHOMEMUSIC.COM

#329 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:59 AM

Hi Matty.... Mohegan was damn good

Three of these people are friends I have not met yet :lol:

Anyway.... good show.... Mohegan is a great place for a show... in the Winter anyway.... great vibe, I thought.

Jeez, I don't know if there are tickets for Lowell Furthur... it's a tiny place. I grabbed one on whimsy - since its right up the street a bit.

you doing any of the Boston madness the weekend of the 19th? I've not secured tix for any of that fun. :jamguy: yet.

Cool, glad you had a great time! Who are the folks in the photo?

I tried online earlier tonight, and it looks like tickets were still available for Furthur in Lowell. The venue is a minor league baseball stadium, right? But woah, for two tickets and fees it was $100.

What is the Boston madness the weekend of the 19th? Is that Strangefolk? Likely not doing that. I'd like to see Ryan Montbleau on the 20th, but we have tentative dinner plans in Worcester with friends of Jen.

Thursday the 18th I'd like to catch Apollo Sunshine at the Paradise.

#330 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

Moi, Jeannine, my buddy Mike, Tina, and Dolce (and 3 others who ~joined the shot~)

yeah, I thought it was funny when they would let me "opt" out of the 2nd Day Air UPS fee for that show; I'm like.....um, take your time man.....

:lol:

#331 Drewster

Drewster
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:50 AM

I grabbed a couple of tix for Lowell. I went to the Mohegan show and they were great...much better then the Dead in Worcester last April. Tix for Lowell are through Tickets.com not ticketmaster.

#332 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

Furthur at Lowell might be fun. But I'm waiting on buying tickets. Though, I'm thinking I will get Nateva tickets before the price goes up this weekend.

#333 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Boston Casting is looking for children ages 10-12 who DO NOT HAVE SCHOOL tomorrow.

We are looking for kids to participate in a photo shoot for the ABC Pilot "Boston's Finest"

Kids would be needed for no more than 2 hours and would make $20.

Children MUST BE COMFORTABLE with snakes- there will be live snakes present in the photo.

Please send photo and contact info to Ashley@bostoncasting.com if your child is available and does not have school tomorrow. This is a regulation from the MA Department of Labor and we can ONLY use children that have tomorrow off for evacuation day.

*this is suffolk county only me thinks!!??

Thanks!

#334 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

too fucking bad cass is 13 and serena is 9 :rolleyes:

#335 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Cass is in if she wants..... they just sent this too:

ADDITION TO WHAT WE SENT OUT EARLIER:

Boston Casting is also looking for teens ages 13-15 who DO NOT HAVE SCHOOL tomorrow.

We are looking for kids to participate in a photo shoot for the ABC Pilot "Boston's Finest"

Kids would be needed for no more than 2 hours and would make $20.

Children MUST BE COMFORTABLE with snakes- there will be live snakes present in the photo.

Please send photo and contact info to Ashley@bostoncasting.com if your child is available and does not have school tomorrow. This is a regulation from the MA Department of Labor and we can ONLY use children that have tomorrow off for evacuation day.

#336 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

cool thanks. :cool:

#337 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

friday can't come soon enough for me!

can't wait to see your happy faces at chiliheads this friday, looking foward to singing for a packed house ! get there early to get some yummy pulled pork and a good seat for the show

i look foward to singing some new tunes, this is a rare chance for me to perform (right now) and i have been given a chance to fill in for the night so come on out and support you sista!!!!!

the vibe tribe's own miss LadyJ will be performing with close to home
cliliheads bbq w.bridgewater show starts at 7:30:clapping:
for more info check out www.closetohomemusic.com
see you friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rose: :wook: :ura1: :jump:

#338 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

.P. Casting is seeking a FEMALE, ON-AIR REPORTER from BOSTON with excellent knowledge of the RED SOX -- for a job with NESN to work live and in recorded segments during ALL of the home AND away Red Sox games.
They want a REAL Bostonian who is fun, gutsy, and able to improvise well, on-camera with sports fans at Red Sox games.
This is a large time commitment, working at the home games, AND traveling for many weeks to away games. This is paid work, and all travel expenses will be paid.
Women who have the time, the on-air experience, the improv. skills, the knowledge of the Red Sox, and who grew up here in Boston should reply to this email <matt@cpcasting.com> ASAP!

#339 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,746 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Awesome!! I passed the info on to a couple of Boston-based friends. This would be right up their alley! :thumbup:

#340 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

right~ a dream job for a lot of women round here!

#341 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

right~ a dream job for a lot of women round here!

I wonder if that means they lost Heidi?

#342 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

I wonder if that means they lost Heidi?

lord I hope not

*edit to add; they still list the lovely miss watney as one of their own...

#343 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure ya'll (MM :heart:) know these... but here for the rest

ryan montbleau
Jul. 22
Thursday Posted Image Groton, CT
view mapEsker Point Beach
Route 215
Full Band | Doors: N/A | Start: 6:00pm
Ages: ALL | Cost: FREE Part of the 2010 Summer SoundWaves Concert Series. Posted ImageJul. 24
Saturday Posted Image Boston, MA
view mapRock & Blues Concert Cruise
1 Long Wharf
(800) 594-TIXX Full Band | Doors: 5:00pm | Start: 5:30pm
Ages: 21+ | Cost: $27Posted Image Boarding begins at 5:00 and the boat departs promptly at 5:30, so give yourself plenty of time! Posted ImageJul. 24
Saturday Posted Image Boston, MA
view mapRock & Blues Concert Cruise
1 Long Wharf
(800) 594-TIXX Full Band | Doors: 8:30pm | Start: 9:00pm
Ages: 21+ | Cost: $27Posted Image Boarding begins at 8:30 and the boat departs promptly at 9:00, so give yourself plenty of time!

#344 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

before you tease me.... I've never heard these bands so.... but FREE outdoor MUSIC at my lunchtime.... works for me.

Posted Image

#345 StoneKid

StoneKid
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts
  • LocationNew Bedford, MA

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

They Might Be Giants is an 80s/90s Alt Rock band. They were pretty good at the time. Had a couple of hits..."Birdhouse in Your Soul" and "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"

Definetly worth a free lunch concert!!!

Although I heard last night (unconfirmed as of now) that Phil Lesh is going to be doing a free concert on the National Mall in DC on Earth Day (the same day as TMBG)!!! Might have to make a road trip!!!

#346 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,710 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

coolie... its walking distance down to the greenway

#347 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

maybe the girls and i will meet you if we don't head to nj after 420 :wink:

#348 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

What are yall up to on Fri? I think I'm going to be on my own.

#349 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

i 'could' be up to celebrating your birthday if it interests you :heart:

#350 LadyJ

LadyJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

just to let yall know,....... ozomatli is comming to town !!!!!! wooohoooo, i'm gonna try to go and get my groove on!