Ugh... Allergies?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Ugh... I think I suddenly have allergies! :bang: For the past 5 days or so I have been sneezing. My nasal passages are all irritated. Why does this just happen right out of the blue? WTF allergies?!

I have some antihistamines - they seem to work for about 8 - 10 hours per dose. I use a neti daily to keep my nasal passages clear of irritants. Any other advice to dealing with this nuisance? It is driving me crazy!!!

Stupid allergy-like symptoms!!! :ravn:

#2 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Duh...I was just about suggest a neti ***...and you said you use a neti ***. :D

Hope you feel better soon! :heart:

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

Thanks Georgi - I guess there is no magical answer for making them disappear, hopefully they subside soon and this is just a one-time nuisance! ((fingers crossed))

#4 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

I usually take Clariten, and that does the trick. I squeeze my nose a lot, too. :rolling:

Allergies definitely do suck. I'm waiting for mine to start acting up. Grr!

#5 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

I developed allergies in my mid-thirties and they came on with a vengeance!

I use Allavert OTC and Ocean saline spray daily and that does the trick. My allergies are at their worst in Spring and Fall.

Hope you feel better soon mama!

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Karen - I thought allergies would be a spring-type thing, but I guess they happen in the fall, too. Sucks!!! Ah well, I am trying to find a system that will work for me, thanks to you and Georgie both for the advice!

Are antihistamines the sort of thing you can build a resistance to? My body adjusts to taking medication really rapidly, I wonder if I'll have to switch up brands or anything like that if I end up acclimatizing to the generic one I am using now. :undecided: