• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

so i am actualy on step 8 now.

last night an ex that i was going to put on my list calls out of the blue and i mean OUT OF LEFT FIELD. I took the opportunity to go right to step 9 with her and apologize and offer to make my amends. i listened to what she had to say and heard what she wanted.

it my mind i heard "Your Higher Power is putting the opportunity in front of you for a reason so do it." is it odd or god and i went with god.

my question is.. Do i still have to put her on the list? ,if yes do i have to apologize again?

i have an awesome sponsor i just havent talked to him yet today and was wondering if this happened to anyone else and what they did?

#2 CharlieHarper

CharlieHarper
  • VibeTribe
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

This hasn't happened to me but I would recommend talking to your sponsor about this. My guess is you are still going to have to put it on your list.

#3 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

hey Charlie i did talk to my sponsor and my close circle and they all said yes it counts! WHEW!! lol

it was put to me "that God sets the stage." in this instance he might have seen her as a detriment to me further down the line ,knew i was strong enough ,ready enough and wiling enough to do it right then and there. list or no list.

#4 CharlieHarper

CharlieHarper
  • VibeTribe
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Good stuff!

I am on step 8 as well

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Nice! i was told that step 8 is just simply turning my step 4 list into my step 8 list. By then i should know why and what i am apologizing for.

#6 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

I had that happen to me. I still put it on the list, but it was 'prechecked'. I felt good that I was moving forward like that.
On a side note...I had to make amends to Woolworth's. When I went in to talk to the manager, he reached under the counter and pulled out a form for 'restitution'. They had a frickin' form for it!!!

#7 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Early in my recovery I had an occassion come to me where some of my old shit came to hit me in the face at work. I had no sponsor at that time and had to wing it. I made an amends to my Business Agent and President of my local union. I wanted to address the whole local at the monthly meeting however they saved me from myself by telling me that I might piss off all the other addicts who were not in recovery( There are a whole lot of them). When I later did my list I went and made individual amends to the people on my list. It was nice to have two of them already checked off though.