Will bad things never end????

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

While I was in Maryland this weekend on vacation, I got a call from our ceremony site. Instead of things being fine from the ice storm (like I was told all along) apparently ALL of the pine trees have been lost and there are no trees left in the alter area. I am devastated. We ordered our invites already, so now we either have to deal with having it there where it doesn't look anything like I wanted it to be, or use the alter at the reception site. If we use the one that has all the damage, I REFUSE to pay another penny. We still owe them $400, but I won't pay another penny for something that we're getting but hadn't wanted originally. If we don't have it there, I 100% expect our $400 deposit back from them. And if we don't get it, we'll be going to court.

I just thought things were on an upswing :cry:

#2 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

how many trees were lost?

i'm sure they're not very happy about this either. perhaps they can use your site fee to help defer the cost to replace the lost trees? do you know anyone (a landscape company owner, something like that) who can help you get trees at a discount? or maybe they do?

every year there's a huge landscape/hardscape convention here in AC. after the convention, all the plant and hardscape materials are donated to the city's local parks and open spaces through my company's landscaping division, which collects the acres of leftover plant material, stores and cares for them until planting season, and then plants and maintains them. if your area hosts any flower or landscape shows/conventions, you or the people who own the land may be able to find someone to work on your behalf to help restore the area and help keep it a place you and Trav (and others) will enjoy and go back to in years to come. just a thought!

#3 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

Ahhh, act of god. You may not have a case with that one. Honey, this is all happening to you for a reason. If you can get through all of this, your marriage is sure to be one of strength.

Maybe this is a sign. The reception site you are having it at is GORGEOUS. ;)

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Focus....your wedding is a celebration of the love that binds you and Travis, everything else, no matter how overwhelming it feels, is small stuff. :heart:

#5 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

www.cathedralofthepines.org

I just spoke with the coordinator again, and every single tree in the alter area is gone. They are stump pulling right now.

TEO - if this were the only thing that had gone wrong, I would be okay let it just roll off my back, but this is yet another thing added to a VERY long list :cry:

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

(((Sunny Sunshine)))

Look at your signature, remind yourself what really matters in the long run.
As memories fade, it is your love that will still shine, and carry you through.

With all best wishes that everything falls seemlessly into place from here on out.

#7 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,765 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

:heart:

#8 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Even without the big trees it's an amazingly beautiful site. :heart:

#9 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

Even without the big trees it's an amazingly beautiful site. :heart:

I know, but I wanted the trees. I wanted to be in the woods. Have the forest there with me, not just looking out on it :sigh:

#10 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Could you set up your own little altar area somewhere closer to the trees? Maybe find a clearing at the edge of the woods where you two could stand and say your vows. It won't be the original spot but I'm sure you have ideas on how to make it look nice.

You also mentioned the reception area. Why not set up a little area over there for the ceremony if nothing else works out?

I'm sure you'll figure something out. :heart:

#11 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Could you set up your own little altar area somewhere closer to the trees? Maybe find a clearing at the edge of the woods where you two could stand and say your vows. It won't be the original spot but I'm sure you have ideas on how to make it look nice.

You also mentioned the reception area. Why not set up a little area over there for the ceremony if nothing else works out?

I'm sure you'll figure something out. :heart:

I have no idea what it looks like right now out there. I know the trees are gone, so that means the sound system is gone too. I want the whole walk down the aisle thing. We'll figure something out this weekend. We have no choice but to figure it out.

The reception site has an outdoor ampitheatre we can use if need be.

#12 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

sucks...but it is still a gorgeous place to have the ceremony. Remember that there is no way everything will go exactly as you planned...kinda like with the rest of life. Relax and remember to enjoy it no matter what- the important thing is you are getting married!