4 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Dalai Lama
The compassion we feel normally is biased and mixed with attachment. Genuine compassion flows towards all living beings, particularly your enemies. If I try to develop compassion towards my enemy, it may not benefit him directly, he may not even be aware of it. But it will immediately benefit me by calming my mind. On the other hand, if I dwell on how awful everything is, I immediately lose my peace of mind.

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Dwelling is a worthless event in the mind. It is much more useful to formulate a course of action that can attain peace of mind if a given situation causes such a loss. Compassion is indeed bias.

Nice post.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Dalai Lama
The basic foundation of humanity is compassion and love. This is why, if even a few individuals simply try to create mental peace and happiness within themselves and act responsibly and kind-heartedly towards others, they will have a positive influence in their community.

#4 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

Likely the most important trait I have tried to instill into my daughters - primary instruction is seek to understand another before judging... consider the possible events of their life, and realize not all is always as it seems.

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

:heart: