• LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

:funny1:

#203 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:32 AM

this one totally speaks to me today. so out of balance this week.

December 6, 2010
A Sign of Imbalance
Overachieving and Overreaching In general, an overachieving lifestyle is not balanced. What changes can you make to slow down and feel more joy?

Overachievers are people who have achieved but still feel the need to do more, creating an imbalance in their lives. People who exhibit this behavior may be trying to compensate for feelings of insecurity and doubts about their worth. They may be chasing unresolved issues from their past into the present, or they might not be looking at their lives as a whole, but judging themselves based only on one aspect of their being. If this is a word that we've heard used with respect to our choices and lifestyle, it is worth examining in order to balance our lives for a more rewarding experience.

If we find that we cannot allow ourselves to experience and enjoy the present moment, putting pleasure off into some distant future, it may be a sign that we are being driven to achieve more than is truly necessary. Pushing ourselves beyond the point of exhaustion, or to the exclusion of important people in our lives, robs us of true and meaningful joy. Once we make the connection to the eternal part of us, it can nourish us and allow our priorities to shift from chasing after an elusive feeling to being fully present in the moment so that we can live our lives in the now.

Sometimes we need to look to those we love and admire in order to realize what we value about life. We can take time to note what we like about others, and then turn the mirror to reflect the light of those same words and feelings toward ourselves. It can be quite a revelation to see ourselves in this nourishing light. When we can put the energy that we've been devoting to a phantom sense of achievement into the truly satisfying aspects of our lives, we can restore the balance between our inner and outer worlds and experience true joyful peace

#204 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hi my name is Erin and I'm an over acheiver.

I've worked a lot on NO lately, saying no to myself and others. Not booking myself at 4 places on a single day(usually), I have however taken to appreciating all the little things in my over acheiving life style.

#205 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

great erin. i think overachieving sometimes translates to overcompensating. it's the: if i do more, i'll finally be worthy disease.

#206 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

December 7, 2010
Changing The Way We Relate
Making Over Our Partners

[SIZE=3]A relationship, in the truest sense of the word, means relating to another. Usually when we say that we relate to someone, it is because we

#207 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

I did a headstand today. Of course, it only lasted for about 2 nanoseconds before I tumbled forward nearly crushing the woman in front of me with my gargantuan ass...but hey, I'm still pretty stoked.

#208 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

December 14, 2010
Going Back By Going Within
Healing Childhood Wounds [SIZE=5]With the wisdom of an adult, we can be the loving parent or guardian we needed as a child.

[SIZE=3]Events from childhood, our first experiences, have the power to shape our lives. Some do so immediately, offering us challenges to overcome and encouragement to make use of our talents and interests. In the process character is built, and we make the first steps upon our personal paths. Other events seem to lay dormant until adulthood, when our closest relationships help to bring out the deepest aspects of ourselves. This is when unexamined lessons can be put to use and untended childhood wounds make themselves known in a call for healing.

We may discover issues of trust coming up, or perhaps we find ourselves mirroring actions from our past instinctively. No matter the case, we have the power within us to heal ourselves at the deepest level. With the wisdom of an adult, we can be the loving parent or guardian we needed as a child. Knowing that we are each whole spiritual beings having a human experience, we can nurture ourselves from that wholeness, and then reach out to others as well. We can recreate scenarios in our mind

#209 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

I just went to post today's daily om, and got this :

This Websense category is filtered: Non-Traditional Religions and Occult and Folklore.

Thanks work, for blocking it. :lmao:

#210 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

i love today's...

June 10, 2011
Begin with Yourself
The Journey of Finding a Relationship The journey to finding a relationship is just that, a journey that uses all of our life wisdom and experiences.

Before we embark upon the journey of finding the relationship that is right for us, we may want to take the opportunity to refine our concept of who we are and our ideas of what we want from life. That way, we are clearer on the kind of person we want to attract into our lives. Part of the journey of finding a mate is learning how to become our own mate. When we can learn to meet our needs without relying on someone else to complete us, we don’t have to form relationships from the space of needing our emptiness to be filled. We can also discover our intrinsic value, separate from what someone else might be reflecting back to us. Getting to know who we are and learning to love ourselves creates a solid foundation of self that we can bring to any relationship.

We are fortunate to live in a time when relationships can unfold at a pace that is right for us and take unique forms. Friendship, dating, open relationships, long term relationships, long distance relationships, or committed relationships — we are free to choose the kind of relationships that we want. If you want to be in relationship, but haven’t found the right one for you, remember that the universe works in perfect order and, therefore, right now your life is unfolding exactly as it is meant to be. Maybe all this time has been part of your preparation period for meeting your intended partner. Even the relationships in our lives that haven’t worked out as we had hoped serve us by teaching us to make better choices in our next relationships.

Finding the relationship we want can come early or later in life. It may even happen again and again in one lifetime. There is no right or wrong for how to find a relationship nor is there a timeline that you have to follow. Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, continue to become your own soul mate, and stay open to love. The journey of finding the right relationship begins with being in right relationship with yourself.

#211 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

Conditioned Response
Reactions to Life Events Our past experiences can and do influence our emotional reactions and responses to present events.

Our experiences color everything. The events of the past can have a profound effect on how we see our lives now and what we choose to believe about our world. Our past experiences can also influence our emotional reactions and responses to present events. Each of us reacts to stimulus based on what we have learned in life. There is no right or wrong to it; it is simply the result of past experience. Later, when our strong feelings have passed, we may be surprised at our reactions. Yet when we face a similar situation, again our reactions may be the same. When we understand those experiences, we can come that much closer to understanding our reactions and consciously change them.

Between stimulus and reaction exists a fleeting moment of thought. Often, that thought is based on something that has happened to you in the past. When presented with a similar situation later on, your natural impulse is to unconsciously regard it in a similar light. For example, if you survived a traumatic automobile accident as a youngster, the first thing you might feel upon witnessing even a minor collision between vehicles may be intense panic. If you harbor unpleasant associations with death from a past experience, you may find yourself unable to think about death as a gentle release or the next step toward a new kind of existence. You can, however, minimize the intensity of your reactions by identifying the momentary thought that inspires your reaction. Then, next time, replace that thought with a more positive one.

Modifying your reaction by modifying your thoughts is difficult, but it can help you to see and experience formerly unpleasant situations in a whole new light. It allows you to stop reacting unconsciously. Learning the reason of your reactions may also help you put aside a negative reaction long enough to respond in more positive and empowered ways. Your reactions and responses then become about what’s happening in the present moment rather than about the past. As time passes, your negative thoughts may lose strength, leaving only your positive thoughts to inform your healthy reactions.