Photo
- - - - -

sick after vibes any ideas for prevention?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 perc820

perc820
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

Hey,
I just experienced my first vibes and I loved every dirty, smoky, 107 degree sweaty minute of it. However, I developed a bad nasty cough and chest pain by Sunday and I still have it. I went to a doctor today and I have developed a lung infection. I need two inhalers and might develop asthma from this. :sad: My question is, is there a way to go to the vibes and not get sick. Any suggestions. I think it was all the smoke and dust. But that is what the vibes is about. Some crunchy person out there must have a preventative herbal tonic to reduce the irritation so this does not happen again.:rose: Anyone?? I really do not want my first vibes to be my last. :bang:
Be well

#2 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

Not sure if bush doctors run ads in the yellow pages but if you have a local carib population ask them.

***Not medical advice*** I cure everything with bushtea, Busy (a ground up nut), ganj*,or overproof rum. Your mileage might vary.

#3 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

i think the cure is prevention.

keep hydratin' and pop a vitamin each day to keep the nutrients flowin' and you won't find yourself at a loss.

#4 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thats called the wookie cough. No where to hide...the strong fight it off. :pimp:

#5 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,865 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hard to avoid the wookie cough/wookie flu.
It'll pass!

#6 perc820

perc820
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

I have been infected with the wookie cough? Come to think of it I haven't felt like showering lately and have been mooching off my friends... :dunno:

Thanks for the advice, I think I will be more prepared with water, vitamins, some allergy meds, and overproof rum next year. :jamguy:

#7 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,865 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

Sorry, I didn't provide any advice for prevention!

I would suggest not sharing beverages or anything like that. Also, lots of hand washing and don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth!
Seriously, this is my tried and true prevention method. Especially when I am around lots of people.

Hope you feel better sooN!

#8 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

@Karen, overproof rum puts all of those fears aside! You can share it since it kills germs, you can clean wounds with it and that means you can wash your hands with it. As an added bonus you can wipe it all over your hands and set them on fire to entertain kids of all ages....the burning part kicks in after 15 seconds.

#9 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,865 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

@Karen, overproof rum puts all of those fears aside! You can share it since it kills germs, you can clean wounds with it and that means you can wash your hands with it. As an added bonus you can wipe it all over your hands and set them on fire to entertain kids of all ages....the burning part kicks in after 15 seconds.

:lol:

#10 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

at Mountain Jam, I thought it was the Wook-itis, but it was just a dash of Bronchitis.
I couldn't smoke for like, a week or something.:undecided: