Medical Situation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mona Cherashore

mona Cherashore
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

I was sitting on the field Friday for Levon Helm Band and suddenly became really sick from the heat. We asked a nearby security guy behind the sound board and asked him to call for transport to the medical tent. It took a half hour for transport to come. I have a pacemaker so the situation was really pretty serious. When they finally came they got through the crowd pretty easily with other security clearing the way so that wasn't the problem. I don't really know why it took so long. The medical people were very nice and I'm glad they took me to the air conditioned hospital to be checked over. I must say that they were kind to me there. I was told that there would be a shuttle bus from the hospital back over to Seaside Park. There wasn't. I paid $15 out of my pocket for a cab.

I am a long time Viber........... this is my 11th. I have never had any major problems or complaints about this wonderful festi. This wasn't meant as a complaint either. I just wanted it brought to TPTB to be aware that having to wait for a half hour for medical transport was scary and a huge problem.

BTW.......... I'm fine now!!!!!

#2 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

so what happened?
Dehydration, fast heart rate?

Glad your okay.:rose:

#3 sillyolbear

sillyolbear
  • VibeTribe
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

I was sitting on the field Friday for Levon Helm Band and suddenly became really sick from the heat. We asked a nearby security guy behind the sound board and asked him to call for transport to the medical tent. It took a half hour for transport to come. I have a pacemaker so the situation was really pretty serious. When they finally came they got through the crowd pretty easily with other security clearing the way so that wasn't the problem. I don't really know why it took so long. The medical people were very nice and I'm glad they took me to the air conditioned hospital to be checked over. I must say that they were kind to me there. I was told that there would be a shuttle bus from the hospital back over to Seaside Park. There wasn't. I paid $15 out of my pocket for a cab.

I am a long time Viber........... this is my 11th. I have never had any major problems or complaints about this wonderful festi. This wasn't meant as a complaint either. I just wanted it brought to TPTB to be aware that having to wait for a half hour for medical transport was scary and a huge problem.

Glad you are feeling better

I believe if you had your wrist band on and had paper work from the hospital you could get a cab back to the arches and vibes would pay for it.
I thought that was a nice touch for people that had to go to a place unknown to them and had to make it back to another place they don't know well

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

i have no idea why it took that long. that's really not acceptable. next time just call 911. if you tell them you are on-site, it will get transfered to our on-site medical team. that is an emergency situation.

or call the hotline.

#5 mona Cherashore

mona Cherashore
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

Yeah....... I'm feeling better every day. Thanks for your good wishes folks.

Sums.........
Thank you for validating my feelings about 1/2 hour being too long. I'm glad you saw this and can discuss this at your next meeting.

#6 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,711 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

The medical people were very nice and I'm glad they took me to the air conditioned hospital to be checked over. I must say that they were kind to me there. I was told that there would be a shuttle bus from the hospital back over to Seaside Park. There wasn't. I paid $15 out of my pocket for a cab.

Glad to hear you are OK... I also believe that in *most* cases the hospital was letting people know to call the gotv hotline and some very nice and caring person would have met the cab at the arches to receive you and help with the fare upon your return, and helped you in any other way possible within reason. :heart:

#7 sillyolbear

sillyolbear
  • VibeTribe
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Vibes has some very nice and caring people helping out. One of the many things I love about vibes