Guys really need to learn the difference

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

This could apply to both sexes, but since I'm a straight chick, this is the perspective I'm coming from.

Guys really need to learn the difference between a girl simply being polite, and a girl responding positively to their flirtation/advances. And when it's the former, they need to learn to fuck off.

I'm not even very flirtatious. And I'm not flirtatious at all when I'm not interested. Do I need to be a straight up bitch for them to get the hint? Jeez! :carla:

#2 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

I dunno but if you have the same problem with several guys you might want to increase the bitch level for any guy you don't want to be with. Some women project an interested type of vibe cause their projector thingy is broken......fix the projector or preset it to "fuc off and die you swine". For some men any response on your part is taken as you are up for a 3sum and you will find another woman.....

#3 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

I dunno but if you have the same problem with several guys you might want to increase the bitch level for any guy you don't want to be with. Some women project an interested type of vibe cause their projector thingy is broken......fix the projector or preset it to "fuc off and die you swine". For some men any response on your part is taken as you are up for a 3sum and you will find another woman.....

Projector thingy. :lol:

Maybe I am too nice.

Noted. Increase overall level of bitchiness toward unwanted men.

Seriously though, it's amazing how much some men can be utterly ignored, and yet still take that as a positive sign. I think their receptor thingies are broken.

#4 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,185 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

I think your only solution is getting a fake butt to stuff down your pants. That thing just screams "come talk to me" :lol:

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,883 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Or give off a desparation vibe, rather than the challenge of "you are beneath my notice." :wink:

#6 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

This could apply to both sexes, but since I'm a straight chick, this is the perspective I'm coming from.

Guys really need to learn the difference between a girl simply being polite, and a girl responding positively to their flirtation/advances. And when it's the former, they need to learn to fuck off.

I'm not even very flirtatious. And I'm not flirtatious at all when I'm not interested. Do I need to be a straight up bitch for them to get the hint? Jeez! :carla:

:shamed: you're hitting on me...aren't you?

you fresh thing you :funny1:

#7 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

Or give off a desparation vibe, rather than the challenge of "you are beneath my notice." :wink:

B I N G O !

Talk about needing a daddy for all of your kids and ask lots of money questions about the guys bank balances....maybe mix in something about a herpes outbreak this month so sex will have to wait. If he does not run away I'll give your money back for my 2 cents (postage and handling rates of $35.00 apply...)

Oh.....and mention of a need for a quick marriage works wonders as well. Tie that one in with some story about being 3 months preggie with a baby......

#8 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,990 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

:lol:

good luck, bonsai!

#9 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

you can always say "I'm saving myself for the lord." that should make them go the other way...

#10 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,923 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

Nice shoes

#11 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

I just ask, why can't (the women i've talked to) just be straight-up honest and say "I'm not interested" instead of fucking around, trying to be coy?

just say no and be done with it.

#12 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

i also find the less desirable such a man is, the more clueless he is about it.

#13 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

i also find the less desirable such a man is, the more clueless he is about it. he could be older than your dad, weigh twice as much, have BO and fuzz growing on his teeth and unless you explicitly tell them just how grotesque you find them they still find ways to convince themselves that youve been shooting glances at them all night and making dirty innuendos. :rolleyes:

#14 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

shoot me a look that says let's go'd

#15 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

I just ask, why can't (the women i've talked to) just be straight-up honest and say "I'm not interested" instead of fucking around, trying to be coy?

:eek:

Then who'd buy them their drinks?!?:dunno:

#16 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,243 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

:boogie:

#17 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

i also find the less desirable such a man is, the more clueless he is about it. he could be older than your dad, weigh twice as much, have BO and fuzz growing on his teeth and unless you explicitly tell them just how grotesque you find them they still find ways to convince themselves that youve been shooting glances at them all night and making dirty innuendos. :rolleyes:

:undecided: I'm actually pretty skinny. :carla:

#18 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

....and here I just figured that I was merely naive. thanks.

#19 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Then who'd buy them their drinks?!?:dunno:

EXACTLY.

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

Just tell the dewd how the brahd feels. Don't be coy meow. Shootem that look that says lets go'd, or the one that says "I'm saving myself for the lord."

/thread.

#21 Sneaker_Pumpernickel

Sneaker_Pumpernickel
  • VibeTribe
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Milford In the NJ

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

start wearing a wedding ring and stop showering and washing your clothes, you'll still have guys hitting on you but it will be far less than before. You can be as bitchy or unwanting and unapealing as possible, guys hold on to one thing very dearly ...hope
Posted Image

#22 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm...note to self: next time shave teeth and go easy on the dirty inmuendos!

check! :thumbsup:

#23 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

I think your only solution is getting a fake butt to stuff down your pants. That thing just screams "come talk to me" :lol:

That would make it appear larger, which is counter-productive, no? :lol:

#24 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

I hear ya... there's tons of things I could pretend to be that would probably work but I just don't feel like I should have to go to those lengths, ya know?

Although I did recently tell a guy I was "really into Ani Difranco, way more than my lesbian roommate" and that was quite efffective. :coffee:

#25 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

If only it were that easy. Men are conditioned to think persistence is the key to their ultimate goal.

Plus if a guy hasn't come straight out and said something specific, and then the girl specifically says they aren't interested, they often backpedal. If I say, "I'm not dating right now, so no I don't want to get a drink," for example, I've heard, "Well I wasn't really trying to make it like a date." Come on buddy! This ain't my first rodeo. Right, it's not a date, it's just us going out for drinks, you trying to get me hammered and eventually take my pants off. So it's not even a real date, just you trying to get laid. Awesome.

#26 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

:undecided: I'm actually pretty skinny. :carla:

:funny1: you guys are hilarious.... oh and java time - there is nothing i find more attractive in a guy than freshly shaved teeth!

#27 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

If only it were that easy. Men are conditioned to think persistence is the key to their ultimate goal.

Plus if a guy hasn't come straight out and said something specific, and then the girl specifically says they aren't interested, they often backpedal. If I say, "I'm not dating right now, so no I don't want to get a drink," for example, I've heard, "Well I wasn't really trying to make it like a date." Come on buddy! This ain't my first rodeo. Right, it's not a date, it's just us going out for drinks, you trying to get me hammered and eventually take my pants off. So it's not even a real date, just you trying to get laid. Awesome.

oh thats the worst! like you were born yesterday or something.

#28 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

...my only suggestion to you then...

STOP USING MAD DOG 20/20 AS PERFUME!!!

#29 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,923 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Although I did recently tell a guy I was "really into Ani Difranco, way more than my lesbian roommate" and that was quite efffective. :coffee:

He might ask for #3s of you and the imaginary roommate. Try talking about your softball team and how bad your cleats smell.

#30 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

:funny1: you guys are hilarious.... oh and java time - there is nothing i find more attractive in a guy than freshly shaved teeth!

I'M IN!!!! :ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1::ura1:

:funny1:

#31 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

B I N G O !

Talk about needing a daddy for all of your kids and ask lots of money questions about the guys bank balances....maybe mix in something about a herpes outbreak this month so sex will have to wait. If he does not run away I'll give your money back for my 2 cents (postage and handling rates of $35.00 apply...)

Oh.....and mention of a need for a quick marriage works wonders as well. Tie that one in with some story about being 3 months preggie with a baby......

careful...some guys will do or say anything to get into los pantelones de las chicas...and you may get the exact results your trying to avoid.

Bears can smell the menstruation...but guys can smell the desperation!

#32 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

:clap:

#33 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

He might ask for #3s of you and the imaginary roommate. Try talking about your softball team and how bad your cleats smell.

Actually my roommate was there, and she really is a hot lesbian.

And I really like Ani Difranco!

#34 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

oh thats the worst! like you were born yesterday or something.

Yeah, insulting my intelligence really turns me on. Ohhh baby.

#35 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,679 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

#1's of roomate? :coffee:

Actually my roommate was there, and she really is a hot lesbian.

And I really like Ani Difranco!

#36 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

bonsai your thread reminds me of the big problem i have with most romance movies out there:

boy likes girl. girl not interested. boy persists. girl still not interested. boy decides to never give up chasing girl and refuses to take no for an answer. girl all of a sudden is in love with boy.

however in real life - isnt refusing to take no for answer called stalking?!?

#37 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

bonsai your thread reminds me of the big problem i have with most romance movies out there:

boy likes girl. girl not interested. boy persists. girl still not interested. boy decides to never give up chasing girl and refuses to take no for an answer. girl all of a sudden is in love with boy.

however in real life - isnt refusing to take no for answer called stalking?!?

Right?! We just need to be convinced that the guy is awesome. It'll happen eventually. :rolleyes:

No. I am just not that into you.

#38 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

If you don't try you are not going to get laid much.....so I'm learning :lmao: I need to learn how to pick up on when a lady is hittin on me...cause they are just too subtle most of

the time. Maybe I just need to pay more attention...my receptor thingie seems to be broken :gop:

#39 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,185 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

If you don't try you are not going to get laid much.....so I'm learning :lmao: I need to learn how to pick up on when a lady is hittin on me...cause they are just too subtle most of

the time. Maybe I just need to pay more attention...my receptor thingie seems to be broken :gop:

Pay special attention when someone "accidently" bumps into you. :wink:

#40 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

Seriously though? That actually really does apply to both sexes...It's funny cause I was thinking about this incident that happened years ago, earlier today...

There's this bar that I use to go to all the time and a bunch of my girlies went there too...Obviously (I was, say 23 or so) I would go and get faced there on the regular...My girls and I had this on going contest where they would try and sneak up on me and spank me and actually get me to lose my train of thought/react and I would just sort of spank them randomly or whatever (things you do when you're in the bag)...Anyways, there was this one girl...Don't get me wrong, she was cute and all, but she had a boyfriend...Well this one day, I'm (what I think is) just harmlessly flirting with her, and out of absolutely nowhere she super tells me off and is a total bitch about it...

I recall actually saying to her, "You're fuck'n w.me, right?" But she proceeded to tell me that, no...She wasn't messing w.me and that I made her wicked uncomfortable pretty much every time I saw her...
Well, sorry that you don't have enough spine to give me any signs that you aren't having fun w.me before that, but it would have been nice if you hadn't a) wasted my time thinking we were friends and B) totally embarrased me...Bitch :carla:

I get that you're just trying to spare these dude's feelings, but if you think they're not getting it, a gentle "Listen...I'm just not interested...Sorry" is way more gentle than leading them on...Just my .02 :dunno:

#41 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,185 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

Right?! We just need to be convinced that the guy is awesome. It'll happen eventually. :rolleyes:

No. I am just not that into you.

Haha! Remember "are you here alone?" dude? :lmao:

You could not have been more clear and he still wouldn't bugger off.

#42 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Haha! Remember "are you here alone?" dude? :lmao:

You could not have been more clear and he still wouldn't bugger off.

Thank you. I am not exactly ambiguous about these things, but I guess sometimes it needs to be blatantly spelled out. :lol:

#43 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

a gentle "Listen...I'm just not interested...Sorry" is way more gentle than leading them on...Just my .02 :dunno:

instead of the usual "I'll lead you on as long as you're useful" routine.

#44 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Oh I used to love that :lol: You try and be kind and they become dicks about it. Rejection is never fun but ya gotta take it like an adult.

#45 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,080 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

wait...drop dead asshole isn't playing hard to get you li'l teasers?!?

well I'll be damned..

Hmmmph...go figure :nulo:

#46 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,677 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

because they want free drinks

#47 Creekie

Creekie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

no joke. even when I flash my ring sometimes, it doesn't work. :rolleyes: and the ONE time I didn't have it, on, I swear, this one guy walked by me, stopped dead in his tracks, turned around,and sat down on the bench I was on. STILL asked for my number after I said I was LIVING with my man. Idiot.

#48 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

no joke. even when I flash my ring sometimes, it doesn't work. :rolleyes: and the ONE time I didn't have it, on, I swear, this one guy walked by me, stopped dead in his tracks, turned around,and sat down on the bench I was on. STILL asked for my number after I said I was LIVING with my man. Idiot.

Yup - I wore a wedding ring for years and that never seemed to make a difference. No means NO! Jerks.

#49 Bonsai

Bonsai
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

If I like you, you will know. Promise.

#50 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

i feel like the truth is being ignored in this thread