• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

So I started this 30 Day Shed video by that annoying women from biggest looser this past Monday. All I can say is, it's kicking my ass. I feel sore all over and what I can tell it works. As annoying as Jillian is on the show, during the work out vid she is more then tolerable. I like her get to the point attitude with this video. It's actually motivating for me to keep at it.

I've had my ups and down with weight, but my biggest down fall has been not keeping up my motivation. So to help me push towards something with support form my girlfriend I signed up for the Marine Corp Marathon 10k. I figure it will give me something to work towards. Plus I felt lazy seeing my girlfriend training for the full 26.2 mile marine corp marathon.

#2 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Day 1
Weight 195
Level 1 Workout

Day 2
Weight 195
Level 1 Workout
Feeling it a little all over but nothing substantial.

#3 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationGun wavin' New Haven

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

I do that workout too. It totally kicks my ass!

#4 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

I do that workout too. It totally kicks my ass!

How long have you been doing it? Do you have any results or comment's about it? I understand that you are suppose to do it every day for 30 days. What has been your workout schedule with it?

#5 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

When I first started I did it every day. I could see results after two weeks, and could really feel a difference when I went snowboarding after three weeks. I don't do it all the time now, maybe once or twice a week along with other workouts.

#6 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

When I first started I did it every day. I could see results after two weeks, and could really feel a difference when I went snowboarding after three weeks. I don't do it all the time now, maybe once or twice a week along with other workouts.

That's good to hear and motivating to keep at it. Did you loose any weight from it or just helped with strength and toning?

#7 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, I think I lost about 5-8 pounds in three weeks. After four weeks I started tracking my food on fitday.com and lost about 3 more pounds.

#8 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:44 AM

Jillian is great. She does a weekly podcast that I listen to. It is great information regarding health and fitness in general. My brothers wife brought this video on vacation. I did one of the level 2 workouts with her. It was pretty good although I diod not have any dumbbells with me. I was able to run 2 miles afterwards at a pretty good pace, but it was a nice worlout and warmup.

#9 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Here I am at day 5. Still at 195lbs. I'm expecting change in weight yet but I do feel a bit stronger during the workout. Starting this vid I could tell that I was really out of shape. The exercising I was doing just wasn't enough. I needed to be push like I am right now. After day 4 I can say I don't feel as sore as I did the 1st 2 days, but today I need a break to rest. Tomorrow Ill jump back into it.

The schedule I think will workout best for me is work out for 4 days, rest 1, and keep that rhythm.

#10 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

after 7 days, 6 working out with this vid I lost 1lb. It's not much but hey it works. 1lb loss is better then 1lbs gained. Plus I am feeling a little bit stronger.

#11 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

day 12 video 2. So far I've noticed I am a lot strong then when I started the video. I have lost a few pounds but I notice more of an improvment physically. I'm in no ways even close to being in shape but I'm going the right direction.

#12 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

nice! stick w/ it, joe :Phishfolk:

#13 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

I'm doing well with it so far. The second video has been a bit tough but it's getting better. 4lbs down and I've noticed a little change in my body. I have to say this is much better then just watching my weight, It's more motivating seeing changes physically and feeling stronger.

#14 MCal

MCal
  • VibeTribe
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

Do you need a lot of space for the workout? The super small rooms in my house make at home work outs difficult.

#15 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Do you need a lot of space for the workout? The super small rooms in my house make at home work outs difficult.

For the video I am currently doing, I use a small space of 12x12 unfortunately I don't have a lot of room either. Also instead of weights I use resistance bands which makes it interesting trying to modify the workouts to work with bands.

#16 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hey Joe- thanks for the inspiration. I did Day 1 yesterday and was definitely feeling it today. I was going to do some cardio for lunch then re-read this thread and did Day 2 of the Shred instead. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow but this will be good to get me back in shape. :wink: Keep up your good work!

#17 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hey Joe- thanks for the inspiration. I did Day 1 yesterday and was definitely feeling it today. I was going to do some cardio for lunch then re-read this thread and did Day 2 of the Shred instead. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow but this will be good to get me back in shape. :wink: Keep up your good work!

Awesome, I'm glad your doing it also. I'm really happy I was able to inspire you to do this video. As I can say for myself, you'll be glad you did this. I have to say the 1st few days SUCK, at least it did for me. By day 10 of the work out you'll be ready for video 2. While your doing the workout keep in mind a break every 3 to 4 days is ok. I know they want you to do it strait through, but I find that a day off on the 4th day helps me a lot.

#18 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

22 Days done out of working out and changing my life around. Video three has been really tough. The combination strength/cardio moves seem to get the best of me in this vid. Hopefully like the other videos my body needs to become accustomed to it. Anyways I'm 6lbs down in 30 days, which to me is a great step along the way to getting myself into shape.

#19 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Awesome!

#20 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Today is Day 30 of the vid, my last day of the 30day shred. 45 days later, 7lbs lighter, 1 belt buckle less, and a lot stronger I can say that this vid was worth every bit of my time. Unfortunately, I am now also board with the video. So I need to find some other 30 day workout plan or just a workout vid in general. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post them. In all I can say is I'm on the right path to a healthier me.