• 70 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

How do you get your morning cup(s) in VibesVille?    :coffeecup: 

#2 fin_fang_foom

fin_fang_foom
  • VibeTribe
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

I head over to Velcro in VIP and vist the one and only Mr. Roasted & Toasted!  It's a beautiful thing to have his coffee first thing every morning.  That 30 second walk is a killer, though.

#3 Flippp

Flippp
  • VibeTribe
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMilford, CT

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I was thinking of trying something new this year, but still not completely sure about it yet. Was thinking of getting a carton or two of the premade iced coffee. I'm just not completely convinced it will hit the spot in the morning the way I will want it to. I could always do what I have done past years and just walk to dunkin.

#4 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Why Roasted and Toasted of course.

Then i wait for Dave to finish making the bacon while i attend to my head.   :wink:

#5 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Camping coffee pot / grill setup

#6 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Some of the food vendors sell coffee. You don't have to walk to Dunkin.

#7 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,379 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

perk it in the morning!!! but now I guess I will feign being lost and stumble onto velcro playing the I'm so scared and lost card and "ooohhh...what smells so good...is that coffee brewing?" :ura1:

#8 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

This year i shall require 4 shots of Espresso over ice and a splash of 2% milk no sweetner.

Can ya'll handle that?

If not just something wet, dark and brain jarring over ice will do. :lol:

MMMMMM........finely roasted now lets get toasted!!

#9 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

This year i shall require 4 shots of Espresso over ice and a splash of 2% milk no sweetner.

Can ya'll handle that?

If not just something wet, dark and brain jarring over ice will do. :lol:

MMMMMM........finely roasted now lets get toasted!!

I shall have one of my finest baristas greet you upon arrival, and tend to your personal caffeine requirements. ;) 

#10 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

580370ae90d00890_starbucks-iced-lattes.p This 

Or else I'll be relying on Bus for my coffee jones. 

Aaaaand knowing where to find Roasted n Toasted, I think I'll be all set!! :kashmir:

They saved my life at Rock n Roll Resort!!

#11 T_Bone

T_Bone
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

I use this and its awesome.  Grind the coffee beforehand and boil water on the camp stove.  I think I bought it a Target.  

http://www.zappos.co...0140723161759:s

#12 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Aaaaand knowing where to find Roasted n Toasted, I think I'll be all set!! :kashmir:

VIP tent and camp Velcro, and I am expecting a visit from you.

#13 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

oh, FOR SURE!!! :crazy:

#14 grateful_1

grateful_1
  • VibeTribe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Camp coffee  percolator. I do grind whole bean though.

This year I'm looking into an inverter....bring the cappuccino machine!

Although late night there's that coffee stand with the gooies....their not bad! :D

#15 Franklinstower

Franklinstower
  • VibeTribe
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

I make a cold brewed iced coffee concentrate ahead of time and keep it in the cooler.

Add 1/2 concentrate, 1/2 water or milk of choice (soy, hempseed, half and half, etc...), sweetener, and pour over a full cup of ice.

Easy peasy. Always ready to drink. No stove needed.

And don't forget a warm bag full of those mini donuts from the vendor in west camping!

#16 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

I love it when bus wakes up mah face with a strong cup o joe

#17 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,086 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

oh, FOR SURE!!! :crazy:

damn straight she will be visiting! :D :heart:

i brew my coffee ahead of time, nice and strong, in my french press with my freshly ground beans from kona

i cool it and pour it into some water bottles and put them in my cooler

instant coffee fix in the am :thup:

i use yummy beans so no need for sugar or cream, so wicked easy

if the weather looks coolish then i pack my pour-over mug and make fresh hot coffee

#18 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Why Roasted and Toasted of course.

Then i wait for Dave to finish making the bacon while i attend to my head.   :wink:

Q4T!

#19 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

we may be needing some of these:

41fE0E20W9L._AA160_.jpg

#20 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'm bringing 2 gallons of pre-made iced coffee in gallon jugs. I really don't care if my coffee is hot or cold...I love both. It takes a long time to do because my coffee maker only makes 10 cups at a time but everyone raves how good it is. I think the secret is getting the proportion of water to coffee correct. I use 1 LEVEL teaspoon per cup and it always comes out great.

#21 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I was thinking of trying something new this year, but still not completely sure about it yet. Was thinking of getting a carton or two of the premade iced coffee. I'm just not completely convinced it will hit the spot in the morning the way I will want it to. I could always do what I have done past years and just walk to dunkin.

Don't bother. Brew your own and bottle it. Pain in the ass but it sure is worth it. I wouldn't trust any pre-made. Freshly brewed Chock Full of Nuts Coffee (best I've ever found). Hell I might even bring 3 gallons.51AXJ5J7KML._SY300_.jpg

#22 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,379 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

I don't care if it's 120 degrees out...coffee hot is the only way for me :coffee:

#23 Franklinstower

Franklinstower
  • VibeTribe
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Jimbo,
You got it right on brewing your own iced coffee, but it is not such a pain in the ass considering the time and wasted coffee (cold dregs) it saves later.

I get a pound bag of whole bean at the local Starbucks and have the barista grind it to a Turkish grind (powder fine). At home I add it to 1.5 gallons of cold water and mix occasionally, usually at room temperature, but one can leave it in the fridge.

Filter it through a collander using a big filter or paper towel. I use an extra quart of water to rinse the powdered beans in the filter because they soak up a quart. The result is 1.5 gallons of iced coffee concentrate. Refrigerate and use as needed. Mix 1:1 with milk or water and pour over ice. One can heat it up too if desired.....

Cold brewing is gives a smoother, more flavorful result than hot brewed in my opinion.

This year we will have the Kati Kati blend.
http://www.starbucks...kati-kati-blend

#24 jefferjm

jefferjm
  • VibeTribe
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Ding DIng Ding!!!!  I knew this crew wouldn't let me down!!! 

Loving the pre-made iced coffee ideas, and this camper will be going in that direction.

:bouncey: :bouncey: :bouncey:

#25 Flippp

Flippp
  • VibeTribe
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMilford, CT

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I never even considered the cold brewing! I think I'm gonna have to go down that road. Thanks Franklinstower!

#26 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,086 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Jimbo,
You got it right on brewing your own iced coffee, but it is not such a pain in the ass considering the time and wasted coffee (cold dregs) it saves later.

I get a pound bag of whole bean at the local Starbucks and have the barista grind it to a Turkish grind (powder fine). At home I add it to 1.5 gallons of cold water and mix occasionally, usually at room temperature, but one can leave it in the fridge.

Filter it through a collander using a big filter or paper towel. I use an extra quart of water to rinse the powdered beans in the filter because they soak up a quart. The result is 1.5 gallons of iced coffee concentrate. Refrigerate and use as needed. Mix 1:1 with milk or water and pour over ice. One can heat it up too if desired.....

Cold brewing is gives a smoother, more flavorful result than hot brewed in my opinion.

Never heard of doing it like that
Hmmmmmm
What if you drink it black?

I like the kati kati too

Have you tried the sun dried Ethiopian yirgacheffe?
It's is only at clover stores but :drool:

I am a clover junkie :blush:

#27 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Jimbo,

I hear you but to fill 2 gallon jugs with that much coffee probably requires me to brew at least 15 times. That's what I meant. Time consuming but worth it. And that cold brewing sounds interesting if it is indeed smoother.

#28 Franklinstower

Franklinstower
  • VibeTribe
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Tyedyedee,

I have not tried that Ethiopian bean you mentioned. Sounds interesting though, perhaps I will share a cup with you guys this Vibes if i can crawl over one morning.

For those who drink it black then just mix the concentrate 1:1 with water and pour over ice.
If I don't expect to finsh the cup before the ice melts then i put less water/milk.

At home I have microwaved the reconstituted concentrate for a hot cup and it gives good results, but for hot coffee when camping i prefer a french press with fresh ground beans.

Stay caffeinated my friends!

#29 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

I don't care if it's 120 degrees out...coffee hot is the only way for me :coffee:

Then just heat up my iced coffee and you have hot coffee. I keep it black with no sugar so people can make it the way they want.

#30 Franklinstower

Franklinstower
  • VibeTribe
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

Jimbo,

I'll take mine over ice with Bailey's while watching for satellites whizzing by....

For the rest of you newcomers to iced coffee concentrate here is a good read:
http://www.kitchentr...ee-concentrate/

How-to-Make-Cold-Brewed-Iced-Coffee-Conc

#31 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Last
Year I brought manhattan espresso sodas. Italian bliss!

#32 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

but if you do walk over, I'm percolating on the bus stovetop. I need a cup before I have the strength to crawl over to Coffee Kenny. Coffee vendor is usually tasty, and I go there if needed before here's room to cook in the bus, or on late night rambles.

#33 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

once you go kona, you cant really go back.

#34 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

but if you do walk over, I'm percolating on the bus stovetop. I need a cup before I have the strength to crawl over to Coffee Kenny. Coffee vendor is usually tasty, and I go there if needed before here's room to cook in the bus, or on late night rambles.

He didn't mean Dunkin donuts? I'm confused. LOL

#35 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Roasted and toasted is the bomb.

This year we have a genuine coffee farmer with us in banned camp. Konacoffeegirl is the owner of Kona Purple Mountain Organic Coffee.

#36 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

I chew raw espresso beans, bufe some sugar, and chase it with a creamer that I stole from IHOP.

Like a BOSS!

Then I head to the coffee vendor.

#37 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

I chew raw espresso beans, bufe some sugar, and chase it with a creamer that I stole from IHOP.

Like a BOSS!

Then I head to the coffee vendor.

IHOP sucks...I'm glad you stole their creamer

#38 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,379 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Then just heat up my iced coffee and you have hot coffee. I keep it black with no sugar so people can make it the way they want.

Now I will be spending my mornings hitting up the coffee camps like a cheap moral less coffee whore!!!

Hooooraaaayyyyyy!!! Coffee whoring at vibes!!!! :ura1:

#39 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I like my coffee how I like my women: stuffed in a burlap sack and hung over the side of a mule by Juan Valdez.

#40 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I like my coffee how I like my women: stuffed in a burlap sack and hung over the side of a mule by Juan Valdez.

Have you met Unbroken Chain yet?

#41 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,379 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Don't bother. Brew your own and bottle it. Pain in the ass but it sure is worth it. I wouldn't trust any pre-made. Freshly brewed Chock Full of Nuts Coffee (best I've ever found). Hell I might even bring 3 gallons.51AXJ5J7KML._SY300_.jpg

it's pretty good choice for camp coffee...perks well for a cheaper coffee and won't break the bank if you brew a bad pot*

*most times on festival mornings I do not have my shit together :funny1:

#42 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Never

Gets

Old

#43 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

http://www.konapurplemountain.com/

#44 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

bus. duh.

#45 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Never

Gets

Old

Just imagine them together on a cross country road trip.

#46 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Trouble! :lol:

#47 KonaCoffeeGirl

KonaCoffeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHonaunau, Hawaii

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

We're bringing our own, and, a way to make it too !  Home Grown Farm Fresh Organic  

www.konapurplemountain.com

AND SOOO looking fprward to my first VIBES with some of my longest friends,and VIBES attendees - in  the Vibes Family

ALOHA                       

#48 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

MMMM, sounds tasty

He didn't mean Dunkin donuts? I'm confused. LOL

You only get confused of you pay attention,  or run low on coffee. :wink:

My coffee partner has to leave early Saturday morning, so I'm not sure I'll go out of the way for top shelf coffee...we'll see if I hit Daiy or Uncommon

#49 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

Jimbo,

I'll take mine over ice with Bailey's while watching for satellites whizzing by....

For the rest of you newcomers to iced coffee concentrate here is a good read:
http://www.kitchentr...ee-concentrate/

How-to-Make-Cold-Brewed-Iced-Coffee-Conc

We all gotta meet to watch Karl Denson's Tiny Universerse Saturday at 3:45 am. The Internation Space Station passes over at 3:46 am. Now THAT would make a great picture....At that hour you know I'll have my coffee (xtra large)

#50 Cyvith

Cyvith
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Well for all those folks who've never tried it, franklinstower recipe for slow cold brewed ice coffee is most tasty. The cold brew process brings out flavores from the bean that are lost in a hot brew. The hints of chocolate and earthiness are a sublime yummy. I look forward to his coffee every year. Come visit and I'll share a great story about swapping ice coffee for various sundries. Three vibes back in the heat wave we had ice coffee all weekend. Well just imagine what folks will trade for cold caffeine. ;)