• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

Vibes broke my cherry and now I'm looking for more events, anyone going to Worm Town this fall? Their website sort of sucks but it seems cheap for a 3 day event http://wormtown.com/wormpress/

#2 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

Tons of boardies go to Wormtown!

We can't make it this year as we have a boardie wedding to attend that same weekend :heart:

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

Same reason here, Karen... :wink: But let's all plan to go and camp together next year!!! :mrgreen:

#4 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'm really hoping to make it this year!!! :rose:

#5 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

tickets already bought while at Strangecreek. We'll be there

#6 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

hoping to go ..gotta check my schedule, i don't have any more weekends off this year, but may be able to get someone to work for me. would love to try and meet again, since i missed you all at vibes!

#7 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Yes but first Camp Creek! :dance:

#8 sugarmagnolia7

sugarmagnolia7
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

I went last year and had a blast at Wormtown! Really looking forward to it this year. The wooded camping is a nice change of pace at the end of festival season and I love the community bonfire!

I'll be heading from southern Vermont by myself this year if anyone is interested in carpooling/meeting up.

#9 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 469 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

WORMTOWN!!!! :heartbounce:

#10 FunkFace

FunkFace
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Wormtown Rocks!! We went a few years back, the venue is sweet I remember they had a stage in the woods. Our friends go every year, it's their kids favorite fest. Hoping to make it there this year.

#11 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 335 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Remember to get your tix ahead of time folks.....SCreek sold out for the first time....it may just happen again in the fall.

#12 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

:dance: Love the place, Tabbooma's favorite festival

#13 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

we wouldn't miss it...this will be our 4th Wormtown, and 8th straight appearance at Camp Kee :)

and thanks to our very generous friends' wedding gift, given at StrangeCreek, we already have tickets in hand :jump::jump::jump:

#14 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

Same reason here, Karen... :wink: But let's all plan to go and camp together next year!!! :mrgreen:

:heart:

#15 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

Wish I could be two places at once, but I will be in a wedding that weekend!!

If you can go, don't miss it!!

#16 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Great fest, remember its not car camping, you have to haul what you need, that could be 30yds up to 500yds plus depends on when you get in and where you are camping and it gets chilly at night.

One year Tabbooma saw these guys with tons of gear humping it across the field in an 4 wheel orange wheel barrow and a large 2 wheel garden cart :funny1:

Vibes broke my cherry and now I'm looking for more events, anyone going to Worm Town this fall? Their website sort of sucks but it seems cheap for a 3 day event http://wormtown.com/wormpress/

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,214 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

:v:

#18 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

Great fest, remember its not car camping, you have to haul what you need, that could be 30yds up to 500yds plus depends on when you get in and where you are camping and it gets chilly at night.

One year Tabbooma saw these guys with tons of gear humping it across the field in an 4 wheel orange wheel barrow and a large 2 wheel garden cart :funny1:

Thanks for mentioning the no car camping.......I'll bring a dolly to haul my stuff.

How do people secure their coolers if you can't lock them in your car?

#19 24 Fp Vinyl

24 Fp Vinyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

Im hoping to plan on this as well. Should be nice and cool then too. Looking forwrad to this perhaps.

#20 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

One of my most favorite fests...I've been doing Wormtown for about 6...maybe 7 years now..it's amazing

#21 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

I have tickets for sale...

Wake & Shake with The Kind Buds Saturday Main Stage.......then Midnight Madness is Vernville Saturday night.....Sunday AM.....

#22 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,767 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for mentioning the no car camping.......I'll bring a dolly to haul my stuff.

Don't leave it out with a "take me" sign and
you should be good to go! :thumbsup:

#23 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Been to either Strangecreek, Wormtown or both every year since 2005. Never had anything stolen from my site.

#24 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

Wake & Shake with The Kind Buds Saturday Main Stage.......then Midnight Madness is Vernville Saturday night.....Sunday AM.....

love the midnight madness at vernville...nothing like watching the sun rise with awesome music and amazing friends.

*meow, meow*

#25 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

love the midnight madness at vernville...nothing like watching the sun rise with awesome music and amazing friends.

*meow, meow*

yes..................!

#26 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,767 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Been to either Strangecreek, Wormtown or both every year since 2005. Never had anything stolen from my site.

^this...

#27 happyguy

happyguy
  • VibeTribe
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm definitely going to Wormtown. It is a much smaller venue/festival than GOTV, but much better than GOTV. You're not going to have to worry about if you can bring a water bottle with you to the stage or not, or anything silly like that. Wormtown is a great festival with great people, great music, and the Wormtown people are some of the most friendliest people I have ever met.

I highly encourage everyone I run across to go to this festival.

#28 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,767 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hoping to get a posse up for this:dance:

#29 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Wish I could be two places at once, but I will be in a wedding that weekend!!

If you can go, don't miss it!!

We also have a wedding that weekend!

Strangecreek is on the calendar though...

#30 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,214 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

*meow, meow*

:dance:

#31 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

We also have a wedding that weekend!

Strangecreek is on the calendar though...

Yeah, it's on mine too!! :ura1:

#32 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

The weather is beautiful, can get cold at night down to mid 30's possible.. We have a great camp with lots of boardies, you should join us :dance:

Im hoping to plan on this as well. Should be nice and cool then too. Looking forwrad to this perhaps.

#33 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

:dance: LOve the Wake and Shake, Tabbooma fell asleep during late set... Must stay awake :wink: PM sent for Ticket. Thanks!

#34 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

Don't leave it out with a "take me" sign and
you should be good to go! :thumbsup:

Cool and thanks for the other people(can't see names posting from my phone) who mentioned that people don't steal shit there. Generally I drink carny (nasty ice) beer so if someone needs it more than me they really need it.

#35 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

Pm me, I could use a ticket

#36 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Cool and thanks for the other people(can't see names posting from my phone) who mentioned that people don't steal shit there. Generally I drink carny (nasty ice) beer so if someone needs it more than me they really need it.

It's not a bad idea to make friends with your neighbors and keep your coolers inconspicuous, if possible. Common sense. Theft still happens, though it's probably more likely in some parts of the woods than others (e.g. - out beyond the bridge, towards the creek, is generally more sketchy). Camping along the paths that are closer to the main field tends to be better.

#37 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, it's on mine too!! :ura1:

:ura1:

#38 24 Fp Vinyl

24 Fp Vinyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

The weather is beautiful, can get cold at night down to mid 30's possible.. We have a great camp with lots of boardies, you should join us :dance:

I really want to. Trying to plan for Phish Fall/New Years Run if that happens..but....Gonna be a last minute decision I think in regards to Worm town...ride up for a few days... and just do it I think. Let me know where to meet you guys if I do though. Would rather have some phriendly faces if I decide to.

#39 24 Fp Vinyl

24 Fp Vinyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

ok...maybe I have to plan a little bit more... just planning on driving up and pitching a one man tent with bunch of blankets w/ and lots of excitement. You think that will sustain me? Will there be vendors? Or should i bring lunch meat ... lol

#40 sugarmagnolia7

sugarmagnolia7
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

ok...maybe I have to plan a little bit more... just planning on driving up and pitching a one man tent with bunch of blankets w/ and lots of excitement. You think that will sustain me? Will there be vendors? Or should i bring lunch meat ... lol

Last year I brought beer and a few granola bars and bought the rest of my food from vendors. I tend to get lazy at fests when it comes to having to actually prepare food and then the whole process of cleaning up after the making process, so trust me when I say it is totally possible to survive on vendor food alone at this one (as well as the awesome concoctions you can find friendly campers selling throughout the woods).

Also, while it is not car-side camping, keep in mind you can go back and forth from car to camp with no hassle so you can always leave some stuff behind and decide whether or not you need it throughout the weekend. I left my chair in the car with the intention of grabbing it when I ventured to the main stage and just never did -- one less item to carry around.

#41 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I really want to. Trying to plan for Phish Fall/New Years Run if that happens

Don't plan too much for a fall Phish tour. ;)

#42 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,767 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

oh....just a friendly :bump:

it's a coming soon:ura1:

#43 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

I just found out my uncle's 50th bday party is that saturday...I'm so torn...I love love love family parties but it's wormtown man...I'm thinking of coming up sat afternoon now...

#44 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

No worries with food, we have a great camp, bring some snacks to throw on the share table in camp and we'll cover the rest. Will send PM and numbers when it gets closer... :wink:

#45 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

No worries with food, we have a great camp, bring some snacks to throw on the share table in camp and we'll cover the rest. Will send PM and numbers when it gets closer... :wink:

Any shared rum punch like at vibes? I'm up for bring some good rum....

Actually if it's nuts cold some rum and hot cider would go down good...oops forget you folks were talking about food....:lol:

#46 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,364 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

No Hurricanes, thats the Jambears... Doors always open for like minded :v:

#47 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

Doors always open for like minded :v:

Ah sooooo a swingers party:Phishfolk::Phishfolk::Phishfolk: I'm down with that but my date is a bottle of rum....fine fine rum in exchange for:V::v:

#48 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Had my first Hurricane at Vibes this year.....loved it!

#49 24 Fp Vinyl

24 Fp Vinyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

Don't plan too much for a fall Phish tour. ;)

Thats what Im starting to think. New Years is more of a possibility

#50 24 Fp Vinyl

24 Fp Vinyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Awsome! Cause Im gonna buy my ticket before it sells out. Im there! :Phishfolk: