Vendors

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

I had a great time at the vibes but i do have to say the price of food, beverages etc is ridiculous.

$7 for a grilled cheese ? wtf

$6 a beer no matter if it was a cheap labatts or a good Sierra Nevada.

Making people empty there water bottles as well when the weather is that warm is bogus. And vendors were charging $3 a bottle of water. Im sorry but when ya got that many people at a fest and its that warm water should be free for the safety of the crowd. We dont need another death at the vibes.

I know ya gotta be anal to keep the order but damn this year def made me miss the days of old when we were at ilcc.

Anywhoo still had a great time regardless but i do have to say i think prices are way too highj. How the hell are you suppose to eat for 4 days when the price of a slice of pizza is like $6 ! C'mon. $15 for two slices of pizza and a water wtf.

#2 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

Well at $3,000 for your spot, plus over 30% of each sale going to the promoter, you can't expect low prices.
Also, contracts dictate that vendors will buy their water from the house at 2.25 per bottle and sell it for 3.00. Superball IX vendors made .25 per water and were forced to sell it, no opting out.

It sucks, but it is not always on the vendors.

Beer will always be overpriced at events and always has been, however beer vendors keep even less of their profits.

#3 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Well at $3,000 for your spot, plus over 30% of each sale going to the promoter, you can't expect low prices.
Also, contracts dictate that vendors will buy their water from the house at 2.25 per bottle and sell it for 3.00. Superball IX vendors made .25 per water and were forced to sell it, no opting out.

It sucks, but it is not always on the vendors.

Beer will always be overpriced at events and always has been, however beer vendors keep even less of their profits.

I totally agree with you. Maybe the vibes needs to drop the cost for vending at the festival ? I dunno im just speaking my mind with what i saw. Wrong or right im just saying my opinion on it. Theres always more to the story like you mentioned with the water etc. I know the economy sucks etc but thats even more reason to make it easier on the vendors wallets to keep the price down for the people who buy a ticket and support the festival.

Just my 2 cents.

As you all were. :-)

-Walt

#4 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,000 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

I blame the Vibes for high gasoline prices too :carla:

#5 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

^ HAHA i knew the vibes was behind the high gas prices lol

as i said this isnt a hate on towards the vibes at all. All the bigger festivals are the same way. I will be back next year if the lineup is up my alley. Just stating my opinion. Wrong or right i am entitled to that ;-)

#6 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,000 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

(((silly entitled custies))

:lmao:

:wink1:

#7 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

(((silly entitled custies))

:lmao:

:wink1:

LOL too funny :-)

#8 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:33 AM

By the way, every year for quite sometime the vibes has video taped most (if not all) of the main stage bands. Are they planning on releasing a DVD ? I'd love to have a DVD of Ratdog's set from 2005. :-)

#9 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,000 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Sure

three easy payments of $59 and the Rad Dog set is yours with commemorative rain poncho

:lol:

okay, I'll stop. just f'n around. "in a mood" as they say. :wink1:

#10 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

Sure

three easy payments of $59 and the Rad Dog set is yours with commemorative rain poncho

HAHA ! What a show they put on in 05, I remember there was a video on Vibes site years ago of Truckin from the 05 show. Hope a DVD of that show is released at some point.

#11 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

In The Dark, eat cheap=french fries and tons of condiments! You can feed a family of one with a $4.00 order......

The giant veggie omelets @ Jerry Rolls for $6.00 that include a side of homefries is enough for 2 people or one really hungry person.

I could go on for hours defending the vendors when it comes to their pricing but I'll spare you that.....The next time you are at a show and they are slow strike up a conversation and get a feel for how they live. Lots of working, traveling, stressing about turnout, and of course not all events are money makers.

#12 InTheDark

InTheDark
  • VibeTribe
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

In The Dark, eat cheap=french fries and tons of condiments! You can feed a family of one with a $4.00 order......

The giant veggie omelets @ Jerry Rolls for $6.00 that include a side of homefries is enough for 2 people or one really hungry person.

I could go on for hours defending the vendors when it comes to their pricing but I'll spare you that.....The next time you are at a show and they are slow strike up a conversation and get a feel for how they live. Lots of working, traveling, stressing about turnout, and of course not all events are money makers.

I agree with you 100% they obviously have to make $. I guess its just the times. I miss the days of old. Gone are the days ;-). Ive performed at many festivals and totally agree with you about the turn out etc. They lose money all the time when a festival doesnt draw etc.

But i for one cant eat fried foods due to my stomach which sucks cause as you stated its cheap to eat say fries etc. Maybe a healthier option at a price that works out for everyone? i dunno As i said i am not meaning to really attack anyone im just in disbelief overall with the prices these days of everything festivals, gas, concert tickets (especially those damn service fee's) etc.

The title of my thread should of been different, because im just bitching in general about the cost of things these days and being hassled (having to empty my water bottle) in general. In a perfect world we wouldnt worry about any of this but as we all know its not a perfect world ;-)

-Walt

Once again this wont stop me from going to the vibes.

#13 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

$4 beers in VIP :wink:

#14 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

after you've paid $200 to help subsidize those beers :lol:

#15 Spel Chek Jimy

Spel Chek Jimy
  • VibeTribe
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

I had a great time at the vibes but i do have to say the price of food, beverages etc is ridiculous.

$7 for a grilled cheese ? wtf

$6 a beer no matter if it was a cheap labatts or a good Sierra Nevada.

Making people empty there water bottles as well when the weather is that warm is bogus. And vendors were charging $3 a bottle of water. Im sorry but when ya got that many people at a fest and its that warm water should be free for the safety of the crowd. We dont need another death at the vibes.

I know ya gotta be anal to keep the order but damn this year def made me miss the days of old when we were at ilcc.

Anywhoo still had a great time regardless but i do have to say i think prices are way too highj. How the hell are you suppose to eat for 4 days when the price of a slice of pizza is like $6 ! C'mon. $15 for two slices of pizza and a water wtf.

Their
It's/It Is
Don't/Do Not
High
Supposed

:jimy:

#16 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

I don't mind the high food prices, when camping, you can bring/cook your own. I continue to have the same issue with non alcoholic beverages, even in the public (not concert field) areas. I have a problem with it on the concert field too.

I don't blame the vendors for the $3.00 price, I blame Vibes for the policy. Perhaps they made a deal and didn't think about a 105 degree day, but they put peoples safety at risk for the sake of profits. Unless someone can explain it differently, IMO it is shameful. For all the good things that vibes is, this weekend's water policy left a huge black mark. Sorry, that's my opinion.

#17 hammatech

hammatech
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:21 AM

Sure

But wait order in the next 24 hours and we'll pay one payment for you yes only two payments of $59

#18 haloofroses

haloofroses
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

The lemonade stand across from the venue entrance was good -
$5 for the first fat cup, $3 for refill.

all goodness, and it pays for itself after 3 drinks!

#19 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,459 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

But wait order in the next 24 hours and we'll pay one payment for you yes only two payments of $59

No deals. :nulo: