• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Spacewrangler

Spacewrangler
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm looking to find a ride from either Hartford, NYC or Newark. I can fly into any one of these cities and was planning on taking a train from there but they don't allow checked luggage. I am willing to split gas/expenses with anyone who can give me a ride. This is my first time going to Gathering or any festival for that matter. Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance!!!

#2 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 609 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

I can't help with that but here's a bus schedule from Hartford to Bridgeport. It looks like a half hour and $15-
I think they would take checked luggage.

http://www.wanderu.c...-to-hartford-ct
Sorry, I missed the link!

#3 jboyinvt2

jboyinvt2
  • VibeTribe
  • 61 posts
  • LocationChester Vermont

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

Do you have a weekend camping pass? We will be leaving the Bradley airport area between 6 and 7 am Thursday morning to be there for around 8 am for early set up.

#4 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 609 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Chester, Vermont! We always stop to see Barre Pinske on the way to Vibes! Someday, he'll come along! If you haven't seen his amazing stuff, you should check him out!

I'm partial to his twig and resin art!

http://www.illanajoffrey.com

#5 jboyinvt2

jboyinvt2
  • VibeTribe
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

Chester, Vermont! We always stop to see Barre Pinske on the way to Vibes! Someday, he'll come along! If you haven't seen his amazing stuff, you should check him out!
I'm partial to his twig and resin art!
[u
rl=http://www.illanajoffrey.com]http://www.illanajoffrey.com[/url]

I live not far from him .... this isn't tina? Use to live in Killington

#6 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 609 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

No, this is Helen.  Used to live in Vergennes, though~

;)

#7 Spacewrangler

Spacewrangler
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Do you have a weekend camping pass? We will be leaving the Bradley airport area between 6 and 7 am Thursday morning to be there for around 8 am for early set up.

Yes I have a weekend camping pass but unfortunately the first flight into Hartford arrives a 9:38 AM. I'm definitely not trying to jam anyone up. I will look into the bus route!

#8 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 609 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

You may be able to catch the shuttle from the bus to the venue?????

#9 Spacewrangler

Spacewrangler
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

You may be able to catch the shuttle from the bus to the venue?????

On the bus website it said 'No results found at this time for 07/31/2014 from Hartford, CT, USA to Bridgeport, CT, United States.' So I'm not sure if that's one of their routes. Hmmm..

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

On the bus website it said 'No results found at this time for 07/31/2014 from Hartford, CT, USA to Bridgeport, CT, United States.' So I'm not sure if that's one of their routes. Hmmm..

You'll probably have to go through New Haven.

#11 jboyinvt2

jboyinvt2
  • VibeTribe
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

How much baggage do you have? If you go into ny you should be able to take the commuter train right into Bridgeport. If go into Bradley it's a 15 min. Ride to Hartford to catch the train or bus which a cab could be pricey. There's a possibility if you fly into Bradley wed night you could spend the night with us and ride down in the morning. Although I'm working on a few inns to maybe get in on wed night with a friend that is doing catering for the weekend or another that does sound

#12 Detox

Detox

• VibeTribe
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMontclair, NJ

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

I took MetroNorth from Grand Central one year with all my camping gear.  Had no problem.  Split a cab with another Vibe from the Bridgeport train to the entrance..

#13 Spacewrangler

Spacewrangler
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback! I was able to link up with a friend and we are both flying into Hartford so I guess we will rent a car. That would be awesome to get in Wednesday! I'm hoping to get a good spot.

#14 UpstateRob

UpstateRob
  • VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

Since you are renting a car to camp, be aware that the grounds for allowing people into Seaside Park do not open until 8am Thursday and people arrive a bit before that. That is how you get a spot.  You will not get near the site on Wednesday night at all, so you will need a hotel for Wed night.  Just wanted you to be clear on that.  You will also need a place for Sunday night unless you are flying out that night.

This will make 10 years straight for our group as we did 2 years in Mariaville, which was WAY more outtacontrol that this is now!!! :bigsmile:  that is a good thing.

You will have fun!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ride