• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

I was watching 60 minutes and while the church has a long way to go to regain my trust.  This man has done more in 1 year than I would ever have thought to happen, ever.

I am very impressed by Pope Francis.

http://www.cbsnews.c...rancis-part-one

Things of note:

Out right apologized for crimes by priests.

He said, quote "I feel compelled to personally take on all the evil...to personally ask for forgiveness for the damage done..."

Wants to change old Vatican bureaucracy.

Wants to remake the image of the church to be a missionary.

He stated about gays:

"If someone is gay and searching for the Lord and has goodwill, then who am I to judge him?"

And added:

The pope has written, that the Church has a false sense of security with - quote -- "rules that make us harsh judges." He asked whom are we going to evangelize if this is the way we act?

He had all priests around the world ask for their congregations feelings on contraception, gays, and other controversial subjects.  That the church is now at least will to listen and not be on their high horse telling us how it should be done shows it is at least trying.

Trying to show what a real leader is:

Abraham Skorka: Because he's showing a way. One of the great sins of the leaders throughout the world is that they used to appear before their people as perfect persons and perfect leaders. He's teaching what a real leader must be.

#2 OpusX

OpusX
  • VibeTribe
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHartford

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

I LOVE HIM! He's doing a great job!

200.gif

#3 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Best Pope Evah!!!

#4 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

He seems like a pretty great human who genuinely cares for all people - he actually tries to emulate Jesus.  Nice that someone like him was elected Pope. 

#5 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

He seems like a pretty great human who genuinely cares for all people - he actually tries to emulate Jesus.  Nice that someone like him was elected Pope. 

This is what the church has been missing for centuries.

#6 OpusX

OpusX
  • VibeTribe
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHartford

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

I thought Pope John Paul was great too.