Photo

Everyone has a breaking point. They found mine today.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#51 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

(I made a few edits for you. You're welcome. )

You all suck and you treat me like shit. Like the kind of shit that requires a courtesy flush. And then you have no fucking toilet paper because that cheap fucking boss bitch always steals it. 

In closing, I’d like to wish the firm a collective fuck up the bunghole with a sharp broomstick.

Best Regards,

Ice Cold MF'er.

#52 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-burn-i

#53 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,432 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

these types of letters are usually laughed off as malcontent rubbish and passed around the management circle for entertainment even though most points might be valid. 

i wouldn't give them the satisfaction of such a laugh. write your standard resignation letter and cut your losses. much better move

#54 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Oh and as my goodbye gift, I'm getting you all copy of this book.

984033_10152361984191350_190185392626889

#55 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

Man, probably 2-3 times a month I write a painfully well thought out email like that. A good few paragraphs of just reaming someone over endless fuckups, carelessness, shitty attitude etc... and then delete it. It helps just to write it. It would in no way actually help accomplish anything business related. If I ever sent one of those emails, the next morning I'd feel like I let the emotions get the better of me. Business is business, a job is a job, a paychecks a paycheck. It's really not anymore personal than you allow it to be.

and this is a fantastic read btw...

Oh and as my goodbye gift, I'm getting you all copy of this book.

984033_10152361984191350_190185392626889

#56 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

Burning down the House?

https://www.youtube....h?v=gVv94T5LF0c

just make sure it isn't your own!

#57 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Sorry for the hijack, and for your situation. I know you'll land on 4 feet.

#58 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

meow :lol:

#59 orion

orion
  • VibeTribe
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

Dude! They're totally firing your ass for that letter!

#60 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'm rootin' for ya! No balls, no glory.

#61 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Love the letter but...

I'd rewrite and submit a "friendlier" version so you don't burn all your bridges.

Although if it's possible you should read the original at your last meeting so everyone knows the real deal.

Best of luck

PS

Don't forget to bring some fish for the microwave before you go.

#62 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Catharsis feels good in the moment, but it's often unwise in the long run.

I agree with others who have already written: putting this in writing may come back to haunt you. That does not mean you can't express your reasons for leaving. Expressing discontent in a more professional/dignified manner can be done and it's in your best interest to find a way to do so.

Securing another job before leaving also seems wise. The anger and frustration you feel now, might soon be replaced with panic  and stress over lost income.

I believe your greatest satisfaction will come, not from sending this letter, but instead from securing a new position where you are respected for your contribution. Don't let the current job, and your reaction to it today, get in the way of a better tomorrow.

#63 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Too late. I already quit. And yes, I 'm not a fan of doing so without another job. But it must be done. Regardless of those things. There are other things such as mental health that have become a factor in my decision. Along with core principles of integrity and self worth. So while I'm not exactly all giddy over my decision, it was one I made for better or worse.

#64 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Good luck with future endeavors

#65 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

resized_viking-fire-meme-generator-burn-

#66 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

• photo-81.jpg?_r=0
  • VibeTribe
  • 24,747 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Fuck those motherfuckers. Live off the sweet teet of Sugarmama JnJn. :gregoir:

finally!!!!  my dream of having a house husband is becoming a reality!! :crazy: :lol:

(at least for a little while)

#67 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,218 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

TASB - Did you send the original letter, or Julius' version?

#68 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,410 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

It is rediculous but he kind of sounds like the man :gregoir:

Werd.  :pimp:

Remeber everyone, the letter of res is in lieu of an exit interview. Which they always conduct and essentially asks about the experience one had with the firm. I saved everyone time.

Although, wouldn't it have been great to see the expression on the HR persons face when you blurted out all of these things?

Like my friends ex fiance who worked with me.  When she quit she did the exit interview and was VERY inappropriate as well as on point with criticism of the office in general.  

While the higher ups may have had a laugh, I still laugh about it today for some of the crap she said that day/ 

(I made a few edits for you. You're welcome. )

You all suck and you treat me like shit. Like the kind of shit that requires a courtesy flush. And then you have no fucking toilet paper because that cheap fucking boss bitch always steals it. 

In closing, I’d like to wish the firm a collective fuck up the bunghole with a sharp broomstick.

Best Regards,

Ice Cold MF'er.

Good werk.

Don't forget to bring some fish for the microwave before you go.

You should get some fish and put it in the microwave, and then just walk out of the kitchen.  Let it smell, and leave it for the next person to find and clean up.

Too late. I already quit. And yes, I 'm not a fan of doing so without another job. But it must be done. Regardless of those things. There are other things such as mental health that have become a factor in my decision. Along with core principles of integrity and self worth. So while I'm not exactly all giddy over my decision, it was one I made for better or worse.

Please report back to what happens.

#69 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

it's already done. Two week notice given with resignation letter. I've been given the option to button up any pending projects, or delegate them and then forma  contact list for my "boss" (who knows shit from shanola of what I do) and then they will pay out the two weeks even if I'm no longer in the office. I could be done today if i can get that done. Nothing was said about the resignation letter. Clearly they are aware of my understandings of their failures.

#70 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Epic_9b1a1e_91543.jpg

#71 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

:lol: @ Capt.  

I applaud you for doing what prolly every last one of us has wanted to to at one point or another.  Incredibly scathing and very well written.  A+  :thup:

True, there could be ramifications from the letter with potential employers, but at the end of the day you did what you thought was best and that is what matters.  And it's too late to get the letter back.  :lol:

Onward and upward.  Good luck!  :)

#72 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 808 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

EddieZ, Insolent Cur, TEO... Three successful professionals. Good folks to accept advice from.

#73 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

You'd be surprised how many times I've been pulled aside today since the announcement and been told that I was essentially set up to fail in this woman dominated office/culture. Literally. Set-up-to-fail. Everyone saw it. No regrets. And that isn't a bash on women in the workplace, before people's dander gets ruffled.

#74 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

EddieZ, Insolent Cur, TEO... Three successful professionals. Good folks to accept advice from.

Yes, they are. And their advice was duly noted. It's not a one size fits all world.

#75 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Although I'm inclined to side with Cur, Eddie, TEO, et al, I congratulate and tip my hat to you, good Sir, for having the onions to go for it.  I hope you land on your feet in a better situation quickly!

Oh, and:

BurnThisMofofDown.gif

#76 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

• photo-81.jpg?_r=0
  • VibeTribe
  • 24,747 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

finally!!!!  my dream of having a house husband is becoming a reality!! :crazy: :lol:

(at least for a little while)

Cabana boys are awesome!   :grin:

#77 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

TASB, I hope this is but the first step in obtaining much greater career satisfaction.

#78 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

everyone should experience burning it all down at least once in their careers...i got my one :D

actually i got 2...i burnt joes down good

#79 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Sounds like you and JnJn should move to Colorado.  I know a heady dude that might be heading out there in August.  :pimp:

#80 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

everyone should experience burning it all down at least once in their careers...i got my one :D

actually i got 2...i burnt joes down good

did you get crabby? 

#81 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

TASB, I hope this is but the first step in obtaining much greater career satisfaction.

:heart:

Thanks, TEO.

#82 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

did you get crabby? 

i put those two douchey spinless twit assistant managers in their place and then told them where to put it...

#83 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,145 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

glad unedited version was submitted and best of luck :clapping:

however....my dander is ruffed on the take on women in theworkplace.

for shame TASBy...for shame :nulo:

#84 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Congratulations on freeing yourself from the bonds of tyranny!  I have no doubt you will land on your feet. :thup:

#85 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Congratulations on freeing yourself from the bonds of tyranny!  I have no doubt you will land on your feet. :thup:

You're a smart guy, TASB. You'll land something.

Rootin for ya

#86 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

You'd be surprised how many times I've been pulled aside today since the announcement and been told that I was essentially set up to fail in this woman dominated office/culture. Literally. Set-up-to-fail. Everyone saw it. No regrets. And that isn't a bash on women in the workplace, before people's dander gets ruffled.

Hopefully, in your next position, you'll be oppressed and exploited by men, the way it should be.

#87 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

women need to stay in the kitchen and make meatloaf

#88 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

i put those two douchey spinless twit assistant managers in their place and then told them where to put it...

SIITBs?

#89 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

I think this is awesome!  Good for you!  

Dave, I think you would make a great teacher...a professor maybe.  

Have you ever thought of going back to school?  

Get a loan... You and Jnjn can have a separate bank account set up just for the combined student loans... 

or Fuck... Run for President.  Really. :lol: 

#90 holysmokes

holysmokes
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

Nice one Uncle Coulro!  That little quip made me laugh.

TASB - Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile! I hope there is no hard feelings about my redonkulous statement.  It was meant as an attention grabber, not to be demeaning, maybe poor judgment on my part.  I just didn't want to see you jeopardize, in any way, the five years you had invested. It is all good though, what is done is done, it is not really that big of deal anyway as far as your professional career.  And, if it made you feel better than that is all that matters. Good luck in your future endeavors!!

#91 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,771 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hopefully, in your next position, you'll be oppressed and exploited by men, the way it should be.

:lol:

#92 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

#1's?

#93 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 808 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

#94 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

great letter and sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! Wish I had the balls to do it when I worked for the phone company talk america, worse job ever!

#95 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

A woman in a hot air balloon realized that she was lost. So she reduced altitude until she spotted a man below. She descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am, can you please help me?"

The man below replied "Well you're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"Wow, You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am", replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well, answered the balloonist, "Everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip even more."

The man below responded, "Ah, well you must be in management." "I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems..."

#96 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

^     amazing.... :cheesy:

TASB....If they "needed to hear that" ....then they really didn't deserve to....

good luck!

#97 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,786 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

:lol: