Photo
- - - - -

Students sick of smaller, healthier portions take to social media to rail against First Lady's pet project

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Thoughts?

http://www.dailymail...et-project.html

'I'll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch': Students sick of smaller, healthier portions take to social media to rail against First Lady's pet project

article-0-1CE4A19100000578-54_634x635.jp

article-0-1CE4A18300000578-914_634x639.j

article-0-1CE4A17E00000578-117_634x671.j

article-0-1CE4DC0700000578-142_634x783.j

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

This should be satisfactory considering it is all prep for the bread line.

#3 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

This should be satisfactory considering it is all prep for the bread line.

Bada ... bump.   :kashmir:

I ask for thoughts, cause growing up I looked forward to breakfast and lunch from school.  I got free lunch from public schools growing up, and bringing my own brown bag lunch was never an option.  

The portions do look pretty skimpy, but am I so far removed from this that I do not realize this is the same portions I got as a kid?

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

This may be a good idea...

http://www.freshvending.com/

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,619 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

A. I think the Daily Mail might want to consider not using Twitter rants as the centerpiece of its reporting.
B. That food looks like crap. Just less of the crap kids have been getting fed in the last 10 or twenty years.
C. Most of the meals pictured look to me to have sufficient calories for an average person for one meal out of three in a day.
D. Anyone expecting a government, especially one which is in the back pocket of the Ag and food-processing industries, to do a good job of feeding people is bound to be disappointed, and shouldn't have been expecting a good outcome to begin with.

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

D. Anyone expecting a government, especially one which is in the back pocket of the Ag and food-processing industries, to do a good job of feeding people is bound to be disappointed, and shouldn't have been expecting a good outcome to begin with.

E. Anyone expecting a government, especially one which is in the back pocket of the big pharma, the medical device industry and the medical legal racket to do a good job of healing  people afford-ably is bound to be disappointed, and shouldn't have been expecting a good outcome to begin with.

F. Anyone expecting a government, especially one which is in the back pocket of the P. Unions, DOT APL contracts and Big Oil to do a good job of providing safe roads for people is bound to be disappointed, and shouldn't have been expecting a good outcome to begin with.

G. Anyone expecting a government, especially one which is in the back pocket of chartered, fractional fiat lending banking cartel, to do a good job of protecting the wealth of the people is bound to be disappointed, and shouldn't have been expecting a good outcome to begin with.

:D

This could go on all day.

#7 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,619 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Word, duder.

#8 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

A. I think the Daily Mail might want to consider not using Twitter rants as the centerpiece of its reporting.

Word, they did this with the winter Olympics.

B. That food looks like crap. Just less of the crap kids have been getting fed in the last 10 or twenty years.

The food 20 years ago was crap too.  Even though I looked forward to two of my three meals.  Crappy as they may be.

C. Most of the meals pictured look to me to have sufficient calories for an average person for one meal out of three in a day.

The pictures look like smaller portions of the same crap food.  IMO.  

Please note, that many children eat Breakfast and Lunch in school, not just one of the three meals one needs in a day.  

I was just happy back then to not have to pay for my food, or I would not have eaten.  This is why I worked in the food industry in college, for the free food.

Fair point but, ... I do not think the students realize this fact as I was completely naive to the system back then.  

#9 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Adding to this story...

UConn guard: I go to bed 'starving'

He's one of the best basketball players in the country, and he led his team to victory in Monday night's NCAA championship game. But the University of Connecticut's Shabazz Napier recently told reporters he sometimes goes to bed "starving" because he can't afford food, despite that UConn's student-athlete guidelines include provisions for meal plans.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2