25 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

I am pleased and proud to announce:

logo.png

Carpe Diem! A Special Memorial Tribute & Celebration Featuring: THE ZEN TRICKSTERS   Los Lotharios, Keith Kenny TUE, JUNE 17, 2014 DOORS: 6:00 PM / SHOW: 7:00 PM
$10.00 - $50.00

http://www.brooklynb...om/event/545219

THIS EVENT IS 21 AND OVER A PORTION OF PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT: THE POETRY PROJECT, JAIK MILLER FOUNDATION, THE MORNING DEW SHOW ON WBAI-FM

$10 MINIMUM DONATION, $20, $30, $50 DONATION OPTIONS

Oh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :bliss:

#2 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

A PORTION OF PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT: THE POETRY PROJECT, JAIK MILLER FOUNDATION, THE MORNING DEW SHOW ON WBAI-FM

$10 MINIMUM DONATION, $20, $30, $50 DONATION OPTIONS

http://www.ticketfly...se/event/545219

#3 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

I would like to let you all know that this is going to be a fantastic night of music, but it will also be more than that!

Carpe Diem! will also have a Multi-Media Memorial / Tribute to our lost loved ones from the Wetlands / NYC Music scene. If anyone would like to contribute photos or memorabilia to the viisual presentation, please email me  rodonnell60@gmail.com

#4 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Awesome to see the Jaik Miller Foundation getting some love! :heart:

#5 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

Get your Tix for June 17th @ Brooklyn Bowl Now!!!

CarpeDiem.jpg

http://www.jambands....rpe-diem-event/

The Zen Tricksters, Los Lotharios, Keith Kenny and special guests will team up for “Carpe Diem” at the Brooklyn Bowl on June 17. The special event will celebrate the New York City music and arts scene, particularly the cultural legacy borne from NYC venues like The Wetlands Preserve, CBGB and The Nightingale Bar. In addition to the music, there will also be a multimedia memorial presentation to honor original Wetlands Preserve owner Larry Bloch, DJ and archivist Dave Nolan, Xanax 25 frontman Jaik Miller, original Blues Traveler bassist Bobby Sheehan, visual artist Timmy Vega, Native and Gent Treadly guitarist Mike Jaimes and others. A portion of the proceeds from the evening will benefit the Jaik Miller Foundation, The Poetry Project and WBAI’s long-standing Grateful Dead/Roots-rock radio show “Morning Dew.” Tickets for the show are now available and donations to the above aforementioned organizations will also be encouraged at the door.

#6 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

Hello Folks,

"We are pleased and excited to announce the "Carpe Diem" Event~ to be held at Brooklyn Bowl on June 17th, 2014!! Featuring The Zen Tricksters, Los Lotharios, Keith Kenny, and Special Guests, it will be a Celebration of Life in the Post- Wetlands scene in NYC. In addition to a fantastic array of musical talent, there will be a Multi-Media Memorial presentation to honor and remember many of our friends and NYC cultural leaders like Larry Bloch, Dave Nolan, Jaik Miller, Bobby Sheehan, Timmy Vega, Rain Chacon, and others.

As we rapidly approach the event we would like to extend a request to everyone to submit photos representing memories of Wetlands and the loved ones that have passed. If you have photos that you would like to submit please upload them directly to Joy Linscheid directly athttps://www.hightail.com/u/joylin725

If you are scanning photos please scan them using the following settings. Most scanners have these options.

Resolution: 100-300 dpi
File type: .tiff
-crop any white borders of photo
-do not rotate photo when scanning, ie. do not rotate tall photo so a tree might appear sideways
-scan photo in RGB mode (if possible)

If your photos are already in a digital format send them as is and we will try to alter them to make sure they work. Please note that we are putting these on a large screen. If you have questions email joy at joylin725@gmail.com

Lastly, we will need all submissions no later than May 23rd. It will take us some time to review and compile the photos so the deadline is necessary.

Thanks all and let the memories flow!

Carpe Diem Planning Group 
Robert E O’Donnell
Cosmos Sunshine
Robert Schneck
Martin B Miller 
Jim Kramer
Sherri Kohl Owles
Joy Linscheid

Here is a link to Brooklyn Bowl’s website for tickets. 
http://www.brooklynb...sters-brooklyn/

#7 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

Deadline: Just about 2 weeks left to submit your photos/memorabilia for inclusion in the CARPE DIEM Multi-Media display taking place on June 17th...If you have photos of the Wetlands era, Nightingales or CBGB days, especially as concerns lost loved ones, please submit them here before May 23rd...

Joy Linscheid directly at https://www.hightail.com/u/joylin725
If you are scanning photos please scan them using the following settings. Most scanners have these options.
Resolution: 100-300 dpi
File type: .tiff
-crop any white borders of photo
-do not rotate photo when scanning, ie. do not rotate tall photo so a tree might appear sideways
-scan photo in RGB mode (if possible)
If your photos are already in a digital format send them as is and we will try to alter them to make sure they work. Please note that we are putting these on a large screen. If you have questions email joy at joylin725@gmail.com
Lastly, we will need all submissions no later than May 23rd. It will take us some time to review and compile the photos so the deadline is necessary.
Thanks all and let the memories flow!

#8 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Does anyone have photos or memorabilia from the Wetlands / LE Side music scene they would like to submmit for inclusion to the display?

#9 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Where's the Wetlands love?   :heartflag:

#10 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Crickets.

#11 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Jimiiny Christmas.! Can we at least get Elder to drool about this show?!

#12 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

ok

:drool:

But in all seriousness, I can't get too worked up about shows in Brooklyn on a weeknight.  Its just a tease for me.

True the Zen's play there once or twice a year (and no where else :crying2: ) but that ride, to Manhatten, THEN through it, is such a buzz kill it ain't worth it.  Add in its almost always a weeknight and well....

Like I said, its pretty much a tease for me :confused:

#13 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

I'm just surprised there is not a greater resonance here among the Wetlands era "Alumni"...cuz that's kinda what this party is all about...

#14 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,657 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

I was interested but the Manhattan logistics also preclude me from considering it

Have lots of great memories at the wetlands
Wish the tricksters would play somewhere easier :dunno:

#15 James420

James420
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationNew Rochelle, NY

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yea, I think a lot of the Wetlands "alumni" around here would not love going to Brooklyn on a Tuesday night.

I do plan on going. But I dont have any pictures to share. And really this show is just now about a month away and I have at least one Phil show (among other shows) before then. So I'm just not ready to get too excited about it just yet. Besides, didnt they do the last one at Brooklyn Bowl? Why not come up to the Cap? The "Wetlands Anniversary show" they did with moe and all the guests was pretty well-attended.

#16 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys...

To answer your question, James, there is no reason that we couldn't move the party "uptown" to The Capitol, Perhaps next year. Thus far, the annual tradition started at Brooklyn Bowl  before The Cap was re-opened. So that could end up being a solid suggestion for the future. Might attract some of the Big Guns like Warren or Popper too. Thanks again for the thoughts!

I am glad to hear you will make it out on June 17th, Mr. 420!!!

Anyboardie else?

#17 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

Anyboardie got a hankering for some Zen Tricksters June 17th???

#18 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

CarpeDiem2014.jpg

#19 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

I hope to see a lot of NYC Vibes Boardies and Wetlands Alumni at CARPE DIEM! next Tuesday 6/17/14 ~ We will have a nice multi-media memorial to lost loved ones and NYC music scene movers and shakers...like Larry Bloch, Bobby Sheehan, Dave Nolan, Tim Vega, Jaik Miller and so on... 

But we will also Rock the House with The Zen Tricksters / Los Lotharios / Keith Kenny and Special Guests!!

CarpeDiem2014.jpg

CarpeDiem2014.jpg

#20 SunSyl

SunSyl
  • VibeTribe
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

ill be there.

#21 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sylvia is always where the cool kids go!   :beard:

#22 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

Boardie Roll Call!:

1) James 420

2) Sunsyl

3) Bob O - DJ EZ

4)

#23 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

as much as is love to I just don't see this happening for me. Meetings and an interview on Wednesday. Just can't risk the wrong mindset right now

#24 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Tonight's The Night!

#25 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Wow, what a magical night!!!

The bands were all great, and that ol' Wetlands Vibe was in full effect with the crowd that attended! Thanks boardie James 420 and others who made it to the show...

:bear2:

#26 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

Zen Tricksters 
Brooklyn Bowl, NY 6/17/14 

Set 1: 

St Stephen 
Medicated Goo 
All Night Long