Aquarium Rescue Unit at Vibes?!?!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

Col. Bruce just announced they'll be doing a run of shows in August. Could this be the year the south takes over the Vibes??? We've got Panic and Fogerty...the ultimate Southern take over would be adding ARU, the Allmans and my personal favorite, LYNYRD SKYNYRD! My pops and I were just talking about how we're surprised Skynyrd hasn't tried to jump on the jamband festy circuit more like the Allmans have.

#2 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,704 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:03 AM

Fogerty is from NorCal. Toinin and boinin.

#3 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

Fogerty is from NorCal. Toinin and boinin.

I know, but his music is often associated with southern/NOLA rock. Did you know Zeppelin isn't from the Delta?!

#4 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,490 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

that would be the awesome.  Haven't seen them since All Good many moons ago.  :pimp:

#5 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

that would be the awesome.  Haven't seen them since All Good many moons ago.   :gregoir:

If it happened it would be cool if they involved Derek Trucks too. Trucks and Herring on stage together is a nice dream.

#6 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 824 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

More than having "jumped on the jamband circuit," the Allmans were "there for us" when Jerry died and we had no spring tour to hit.  Bobby came around much less those days, and Phil was only on the west coast, so the Allmans filled a huge void.  They even started throwing Franklin's Tower into their set a lot during those mid to late 90s years.  I don't think they changed their "business model" as they say, but rather welcomed in all the NYC deadheads who needed the music at the time.  

ARU would be awesome at the vibes. 

#7 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

ARU has my vote

#8 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

ARU was my favorite act at the Warren Haynes XMas jam this year over a lineup which included Phil Lesh Quintet, Widespread Panic, Gov't Mule, John Scofield, Gregg Allman & more

ARU would be loved at Vibes!

#9 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,742 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

ARU at Vibes would be incredible!