• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 talkinghead

talkinghead
  • VibeTribe
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hello everyone,

This will be my first Gathering, and I've got a question about the RV area.  I've read out here that the VIP camping is fairly close to the stages, and, if I'm reading it correctly, it sounds like it's in an attractive, shaded area with trees.  That sounds appealing.  I'm wondering where the RV area is and what it's like.  Is it an easy walk to the stages?  And is it an attractive area, like a field, or is it a parking lot, etc.?  Do people socialize in the RV area?  I'm trying to balance aesthetics, comfort, "vibe," and proximity.  

Many thanks!

#2 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,939 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

a vibeguide could answer this better, but RV is all along the shore road.  There is no RV in the VIP area, there being limits on length, and no generators. 

You could be close, or fairly far away.  I'm not sure of any formula on where they put RVs, luck of the draw, I think.

#3 talkinghead

talkinghead
  • VibeTribe
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for responding!  I do understand that RV and VIP camping are completely separate things.  My only real experience is with a festival at Indio, and the RVs were in a large field; it was quite nice.  But I wouldn't want to be in a massive parking lot or something like that.  Your suggestion of a vibeguide is a good one.  

#4 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hey there!  There are a number of places an RV can be parked.  You can be either along the seawall, in a side parking lot, up by the east beach or several other locations based on the time you arrive and what area is being parked at that time.  

Hope that helps!

#5 talkinghead

talkinghead
  • VibeTribe
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Thank you, Luvzdaizies, that helps a great deal.  I'll have to look at a map of the festival, and keep thinking.  Happily, this kind of research is a pleasure in itself.

I'm looking forward to the Gathering!