Volunteering question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

So now that he lineup is out I'm wondering, what can I do to guarantee that I get volunteering shifts setting up at vibes? I'd really hate to miss any of the music but it's going to be hard for me to afford a ticket this year.

Are the setting up positions first come first serve? Already taken? And if they're taken can I apply to work a double shift really early on Thursday?

#2 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Have you completed a volunteer application?

#3 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

No, I don't want to complete one and then get stuck with a shift when there's music I want to see. I also don't have money for a deposit now. I kind of figured it would be something to ask about before I filled one out. 

#4 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Fill out an application. There is a place on there indicating whether you can do pre show. Not sure but I think most preshow stuff isn't volunteer. 

Parking isn't bad, get the work out of the way before the music starts. Long shifts in the elements, but then your done!

#5 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Cool, cool. Thanks for the replies. 

Is there a payment plan for volunteering? Like I could put down like $50 today but I'm not going to have money for a whole ticket until I get out of school (June). 

#6 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Volunteering does not require a deposit. 

But trying to volunteer around the music you want to see is not always the easiest thing to do. 

Put in your application - and if you have bands you def want to see - put them in.  That way if im looking for someone to do a shift at a particular time, i will know you are or are not avail. 

#7 sneakyjack

sneakyjack
  • VibeTribe
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

I've done volunteering in the past. Planning on doing it again. Just want to be sure I didn't miss an email from boardie parking team yet.
Mahalo