Photo
- - - - -

Public Accommodation law, and the sb 1062 Arizona uproar...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,967 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Generational divide, for one. You should know. Kids coming out of the 50s generation were rejecting the dogma of their parents and grandparents en masse.

Not buying it.

The haters are still out there hating, but have to express their hatred in more creative ways, like this bill that got vetoed.

#52 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

OK, don't buy it. But you can read all about it in history books. There will always be haters. There are just as many blacks who hate whites as the other way around too. So it's kind of a moot point.

#53 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,967 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

OK, don't buy it. But you can read all about it in history books. There will always be haters. There are just as many blacks who hate whites as the other way around too. So it's kind of a moot point.

I can read all about how if the civil rights movement hadn't occurred people would have started treating each other civilly because of the generational divide and Chuck Berry in history books?   

That's awesome.   :rolling:

And yes, haters come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

But we whiteys have trumped everyone else in our shameful treatment of those who aren't like us, so no.

It's definitely not a moot point.

And with that, I'm out for the weekend.

Nice chatting with you boys, as always.   :smile:

#54 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

No, you can read about the generational gap, and how newer generations were rejecting their parents dogma en masse. Which was how things liek the civil rights movement occurred. It's just that instead of being active participants, they petitioned the government to "do something". So thats what happened. I can confidently say that the times were changing anyway, and government involvement was unnecessay completely.