Boardie 2014

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 bostonhibiscus

bostonhibiscus
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Just wondering how do we earn access to the infamous Boardie Camping area? 

Thank you!

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Greetings bostonhibiscus!!!

Pull up a keyboard, hang out here, interact, introduce yourself, get to know folks.

#3 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,487 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

it usually gets announced on the Family forum 

plus thats where all us freaks hang out :D

come on in and say hi...

#4 bostonhibiscus

bostonhibiscus
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Thank you!  Heading over...

#5 Kat Can Do

Kat Can Do
  • VibeTribe
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

I camped in Boardie camping last year as a guest of a boardie and we had the best On my way! Of our lives. I'm hoping to get our own pass this year. Amazing people and the best festival I've ever been to

#6 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

If I buy from another person, am I still able to get into boardie? I went Vip a few years back and think might just go reg ticket and boardie camping. :)

#7 l0ngstr4ng3tr1p

l0ngstr4ng3tr1p
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Hey guys! This will be my 5th VIBES and I'm reallllllly looking forward to it! I'm wondering how I go about obtaining a Boardie Pass? I've had so many friends tell me through out the years that Boardie is the way to go. GA has gotten a tad but shady to say the least and I dont have the $ to drop on a VIP ticket. Just looking to have a fun, relaxing time this year! Any info would be appreciated =)

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Greetings l0ngstr4ng3tr1p!

Pull up a keyboard, introduce yourself and get to know your potential neighbors.

Boardie camping is where those of us who hang out here as Terrapin Family, gather together to camp at Vibes.

There will be an announcement posted in the Family Forum usually in May as to when the sign-ups are open.

#9 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

Before you submit a request for a "boardie pass" you must watch all the videos in this thread. There will be a test.

http://www.gathering...-it-everywhere/

#10 andcaitsaid

andcaitsaid
  • VibeTribe
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Can anyone help me choose between camping Boardie which I've done before or going VIP, what are the major perks of paying twice as much?? 

#11 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

VIP and Boardie camping are both on the east side of the park. that's all you get with boardie camping ;) 

VIP perks are here:

http://gatheringofthevibes.com/vip

#12 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,795 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

folks posting in here should come over to the family forum and get to know us.  :)

#13 SugarMags

SugarMags
  • VibeTribe
  • 294 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Honestly I did VIP last year and spent almost all my time in GA, I hated being caged in, and some of the hoity toitys actually told me to not dance at the fence cause they paid good money for their ticket and wanted to sit and be boring! You can imagine what my reaction was... but anyway, the major perk that I saw was the no line porta potty's and the ease of access to the park, no waiting drive right in, off the exit and setting up camp with in 45 minutes, compared to the 4 hours of lines coming in the regular way. Other than that, i didn't eat the food or sit under the tent or any of that...like i said i was out in general most of the time, cause it was just more fun! and i had friend in Boardie and we actually hung there more... really hopin for a boardie pass this year!

If ya have any more specific questions about VIP let me know, glad to answer!

#14 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Honestly I did VIP last year and spent almost all my time in GA, I hated being caged in, and some of the hoity toitys actually told me to not dance at the fence cause they paid good money for their ticket and wanted to sit and be boring!

This is pretty unusual, but it happens.  We've been doing VIP for years, and when someone's said that, we've told them politely where to go...

#15 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

This is pretty unusual, but it happens.  We've been doing VIP for years, and when someone's said that, we've told them politely where to go...

Politely?   Mellowed a bit, I guess :rolling:

#16 OpusX

OpusX
  • VibeTribe
  • 121 posts
  • LocationHartford

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

I'm actually doing an RV for the first time this year. All of you guys are more then welcome to come over and get coffee and grub in the AM tho! Borrdie camping is def where I'd like to lay my head otherwise. 

toomuchcordialer3.gif

#17 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

I want VIP, but with the kids it is just too much. Maybe if I saved more....? Love Boardie Camping. Love Family Camping. Love Vibes.

#18 SugarMags

SugarMags
  • VibeTribe
  • 294 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I pretty much told them the same thing.... then they became hecklers that day... Oh well they were in bed by 9 anyway! I just moved my arse up on the platform...Just like the grass between my toes much better!

#19 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Wow, grumpy as I can be I never would think of telling someone not to be FESTIVE at a FESTIVAL.  They probably sit at home by the window all day just waiting for kids to step on their lawn.

#20 JerryKid

JerryKid
  • VibeTribe
  • 354 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Wow, grumpy as I can be I never would think of telling someone not to be FESTIVE at a FESTIVAL.  They probably sit at home by the window all day just waiting for kids to step on their lawn.

there are crazy people everywhere.  I chose to ignore. 

I was just at a concert and I was standing at the stage and someone asked me to move because "they paid good money to have these seats"  I was thinking ...yup and I'm not in your seat.  Who sits in thier seat at a concert?  Especially in the 1st row of Madison Square Garden??  I need to dance baby, dance.....  :mike:  This butt of mine needs to shake it when it can!!

#21 denisdmenace

denisdmenace
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I've been a vibe triber since 2007 and have loved it since.  volunteered from '07-'11 & camped in volunteer camping and had a great time meeting everyone.  2012 is when i went to live at the stages and started camping in boardie camping and it is the best way to go.  

Can't wait to see everyone there smiling! 

#22 HORTA267

HORTA267
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

my Boardie family

How are you its been 4 years but now Im back.  I have my VW Bus and i am ready for this year to be back home.  

Cant wait to see all of you again and I really cant wait to see my family from Boston this year!

So who's coming with me. I really want to meet up with you all and make this year one of my best!

Josh Horta :beard:  :bigsmile:  :bouncey:

#23 zachdepuwook

zachdepuwook
  • VibeTribe
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

There will be no dancing anywhere this between noon and 9 PM.  :witch1:

#24 zachdepuwook

zachdepuwook
  • VibeTribe
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I was an English major :bacon:

#25 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

:lol:

#26 bostonhibiscus

bostonhibiscus
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

Any updates on boardie camping passes?  Been in a sugar coma from jelly bean overconsumption.

#27 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Keep checking the Family Forum for the announcement.  :smile:

#28 wildchildaa

wildchildaa
  • VibeTribe
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHappytown, USA

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Woohooo!!!  Howdy Vibers!  The countdown begins!!!  Been scoping for a Boardie pass announcement but haven't seen anything yet, did I miss it?  This will be years 4 for me and my amaaazing Vibes family, including my son :)  Looking forward to boogying with all of you in the sun and sand.  Have a happylicious day!

#29 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Greetings wildchildaa!

You have not missed it.  :-)

#30 HORTA267

HORTA267
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Woohooo!!!  Howdy Vibers!  The countdown begins!!!  Been scoping for a Boardie pass announcement but haven't seen anything yet, did I miss it?  This will be years 4 for me and my amaaazing Vibes family, including my son :)  Looking forward to boogying with all of you in the sun and sand.  Have a happylicious day!

happytown USA!!! hahahahah  pass info coming soon!! i cant wait for this year!!

#31 sh0625

sh0625
  • VibeTribe
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

wondering if it is too late to get a boardie pass?

#32 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Greetings syh0625!

As you can see you have not missed it.  Keep checking back for the thread for sign-ups.

#33 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

There will be no dancing anywhere this between noon and 9 PM.  :witch1:

Kevin Bacon says otherwise.

Footloose-movie-03.jpg

#34 sh0625

sh0625
  • VibeTribe
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Greetings syh0625!

As you can see you have not missed it.  Keep checking back for the thread for sign-ups.

awesome, thanks

#35 sh0625

sh0625
  • VibeTribe
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Honestly I did VIP last year and spent almost all my time in GA, I hated being caged in, and some of the hoity toitys actually told me to not dance at the fence cause they paid good money for their ticket and wanted to sit and be boring! You can imagine what my reaction was... but anyway, the major perk that I saw was the no line porta potty's and the ease of access to the park, no waiting drive right in, off the exit and setting up camp with in 45 minutes, compared to the 4 hours of lines coming in the regular way. Other than that, i didn't eat the food or sit under the tent or any of that...like i said i was out in general most of the time, cause it was just more fun! and i had friend in Boardie and we actually hung there more... really hopin for a boardie pass this year!

Hey, just curious where the VIP camping area typically is? Is it the same every year??

#36 sh0625

sh0625
  • VibeTribe
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hey, just curious where the VIP camping area typically is? Is it the same every year??

Oops,no idea why that came up so many times

#37 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Pretty much.  It's just East of the arches, box office and first aid tent, on the North side of the road.  Basically across the street from family camping.

#38 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,946 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I never encountered any hoity toity folks in VIP... If anything there are more freaks than general ... Just look at some if the stories from Velcro/lucky dawgs camp each year... Pig sacrifices, blow up dolls, interns, duct tape, hasselhoff, 4:30am vocal jams, glowy things, I could go on.... VIP is where it's at... Catered meals most of the weekend too...

#39 sh0625

sh0625
  • VibeTribe
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Pretty much.  It's just East of the arches, box office and first aid tent, on the North side of the road.  Basically across the street from family camping.

cool, thanks

#40 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

I never encountered any hoity toity folks in VIP... If anything there are more freaks than general ... Just look at some if the stories from Velcro/lucky dawgs camp each year... Pig sacrifices, blow up dolls, interns, duct tape, hasselhoff, 4:30am vocal jams, glowy things, I could go on.... VIP is where it's at... Catered meals most of the weekend too...

I am Spidergawd and I approve this message. 

Oh, the times we've had...

#41 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm bringin the OJ, whether I get into boardie or not.

#42 HORTA267

HORTA267
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

anyone going to the capital theater this weekend for DSO???

#43 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

you got  an extra?

#44 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,946 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

Pie Doh is the Scotch

#45 HORTA267

HORTA267
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

I DONT HAVE A TIX WAS JUST GOING TO GO UP AND TRY TO GET SOME THERE. 

you got  an extra?

#46 Nessim

Nessim
  • VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Howdy all, looking forward to another year in Boardie.  Our camp and the veterans camp always seem to be the cleanest at the end. 

And clean vibes are good vibes.

Checking my camping supplies now...

I can haz Boardiepass? :hoff:

#47 ticketchecker

ticketchecker
  • VibeTribe
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Greetings all. Looking forward to Vibes, six in a row for me and hoping to groove Boardie style this year. Will be coming down from Maine with a dancing crew!!

#48 bostonhibiscus

bostonhibiscus
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

Yay....soon has arrived!  Now for the second line=up announcement and we are one more step closer....

#49 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,766 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Whoo-Hoo!!!

#50 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

So, can ANYBOARDIE get a pass this year?

Is a $25 cover charge really gonna keep out a buncha hooligans?? :)