I respect veggie guys/vegals but

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

The posts are in the natural living section?  I think it's natural for humans to be omnivores.  Maybe though we are slowly evolving into a high consciousness that doesn't harm animals.  Key word slowly. And go ahead make the gay comparison if you need to.

#2 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hi Ry, I think "opportunists" might more aptly describe the human diet. We ate what we had the opportunity to eat. Before the development of weapons, would we have been omnivores? I don't know, I really don't but it seems omnivorous animals have the ability to catch and eat their pray without any weapon other than their bodies (release of poison/claws/sharp teeth/speed/etc.). We had to invent weapons to kill and eat our pray, no? Could we kill a buffalo/cow with our bare hands? Could we catch a deer? Could we cut apart a pig with our hands and teeth?  Maybe an omnivorous diet is "natural" in the sense that we have evolved into an intelligent species who developed the ability to make tools to aid our dietary needs?

I do wonder why do we discriminate about which animals we eat and which we don't? Cow = food? Cat = pet? Why wouldn't our biology invite a proclivity to eat all flesh, if it's meant to eat flesh?

I dunno, I don't have answers. I know nature is cruel but, for me, I have alternatives. I try my hardest - I'm not perfect. I do believe that "do no harm" speaks to a shift in cultural/familial teachings, and, a shift in consciousness.

#3 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Thank you for taking the time to express what in many cases is in my opinion, a valid argument.  I don't agree with all of it but I appreciate your response.

I think more than eating meat, the problem is factory farms.  In a natural setting cows like to be milked.  I went on a class trip to a small farm when I was in 5th grade. I got to milk a goat and a cat knew what was up.  After we all got a chance to milk the goat the instructor gave the milk to the cat. The goat and the cat were both happy.

I was a vegetarian for 2 years. It was easy because I lived with other vegetarians and we all had our specialties.  Now I'm out of the habit.  I'm not pleased that because of nuclear power incidents, I  can't enjoy tuna as much as I used t

#4 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

I just stopped in to say...

Veguys and Vegals   :funny1:

#5 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:23 AM

SPREAD VEGAL

#6 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

I could catch a bunny with zero weapons.  Our brains just realize that "Hey, if I use that rock over there, I could just throw it and hit that animal on the head and eat it, or better yet, I could tie this rock on a big stick and slam it down on that animal"  "Better yet....................................."

Just because we need our brain to catch an animal, doesn't make it any less natual.  It just makes us smart. :lol:

A little bit of meat gives the human enough energy to last hours.  As opposed to how many beans?  Meat, dairy, poultry, all COMPLETE protein.  Beans, Legumes, grains....incomplete.  So you need many and a variety.

So, that is my take on the whole dealio.  Just my findings and my conclusions.

I'd rather kill and eat a buffalo and feed my tribe for weeks, and clothe them as opposed to picking and forraging ALL day long and still feel incomplete. 

So I agree with you Ry. 

I do not care for meat, but that is only because I no longer care much for the humans "supplying" my meat source.  Local meat, a whole other story. 

But egg free?  Vegan?  NOPE!  No way!

it's ALL ABOUT BALANCE.  Everything in this world, is all about balance <3

#7 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,609 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

I went to a benefit for the local Humane Society last weekend. Along with other meat products they were serving those little hot-dogs wrapped in dough; they were clearly not local, organic, and humanly raised meat but straight from the factory "farm". I guess Humane only applies to dogs and cats.

Anyway, the band and company were a real good time.

#8 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

yea, we def do have a twisted sense of "humane" these days.  :lol:

I think vegetarian is a great way to go.  Since we no longer really have to hunt or gather and the way they are treating our animals for the sake of food, is just not necessary.