Amendment XXVIII

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

No state shall hold a Presidential Primary Election or Caucus more than two calendar weeks prior to the Presidential Election taking place in that year. Nor shall any representative of a news organization, newspaper, media outlet, blog, or political party,  upon pain of seven years imprisonment at hard labor, discuss potential candidates for Presidential Elections more than four calendar weeks prior to any Presidential Primary Election or Caucus.

#2 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Title should read XXVII. Doh!

#3 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

You can change the title.

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Well lookee there!

K. Now, discuss. :D

#5 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

What size is your chainsaw?

#6 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

:naughty:

#7 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,471 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

What is this a Jackyl forum?

No state shall hold a Presidential Primary Election or Caucus more than two calendar weeks prior to the Presidential Election taking place in that year. Nor shall any representative of a news organization, newspaper, media outlet, blog, or political party,  upon pain of seven years imprisonment at hard labor, discuss potential candidates for Presidential Elections more than four calendar weeks prior to any Presidential Primary Election or Caucus.

TbT, this is how they do it in Australia (I think).  Remember seeing John Oliver talking about Australia's law on the daily show.  That would make voting so much easier, and less convoluted.  

But dont you think a Gary Hart could slip by us with this law?

Also, 27th amendment is :

The Twenty-seventh Amendment (Amendment XXVII) prohibits any law that increases or decreases the salary of members of Congress from taking effect until the start of the next set of terms of office for Representatives. It is the most recent amendment to the United States Constitution. It was submitted to the states for ratification in 1789 and was adopted, over 200 years later, in 1992.

Proposed 28th amendment:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

#8 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'd have no objection to making mine the 29th, then.

Don't think anything would slip by. Press could do its research. just couldn't start yapping about it til 6 weeks before the election.

This will never happen, I know.

But I'm already seeing stories about the 2016 election popping up, and it's pretty annoying.

#9 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,471 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I'd have no objection to making mine the 29th, then.

Don't think anything would slip by. Press could do its research. just couldn't start yapping about it til 6 weeks before the election.

This will never happen, I know.

But I'm already seeing stories about the 2016 election popping up, and it's pretty annoying.

That was the theme of John Oliver's report that night.  That he was seeing reports in the summer of 2013, and why can't we be more like Australia (May be NZ).

That amendment would be so good for everyone except lobbyist.  I would be ok with extending that to 6 months prior to the election, but 2 or 3 years before the next election is way too much info overload.

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Proposed 28th amendment:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Would this apply to laws already on the books now?

Sad that we need a constitutional amendment for this.

#11 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,471 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Would this apply to laws already on the books now?

Sad that we need a constitutional amendment for this.

No idea, honestly.  But I would sure hope so.