do you know your exact sobriety date?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

just wondering..I had to get honest and I'm not sure exactly when it is now...it's only a couple months after I came into the rooms the last time but it was nagging me that i still smoked *** for a little while...

hmmmm

#2 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,902 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

January 27, 1990
I did "mj maintenance" for six weeks after my last drink & first meeting. Being buzzed in meetings sucked because I would sit there thinking "if I get up for another cookie, will they know?" They knew anyway. :lol:

#3 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

yeah..it bothers me that I don't know the exact date..but that's most likely because I'm a self-centered sonofabitch. Everyone seems to know their date though..

I had a huge fear of getting honest with my supports (ego) and they basically responded by saying "so what, you're not that important.." lulz

did you change your date after you stopped puffing IASW?

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,902 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

Yes, that's why I celebrate January 27th instead of December 15th.

#5 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

yeah I wasn't sure by reading your other post...

#6 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

08/02/08 , I will never forget that fuck up. That was the morning I decided to admit to my wife that I had a real problem and could not handle it myself. The fuck up was a hung over car crash early in the am. I haven't had any intoxicants or mind altering substances since. But, I still only have today.

#7 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

i do not, as i am not sober, but my particular demon was crack, and i know its been over 5 years since i've touched it, even in a middlemanning to make some quick $ sense. I'm over that shit, and i'm over being addicted to H, although i couldn't tell you how long thats been. All i want to do now is cut down on booze and use everything else responsibly. Different strokes for different folks.

#8 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

I'm convinced that I am incapable of using ANYTHING responsible when it comes to drugs or alcohol..but that's just me...

#9 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm convinced that I am incapable of using ANYTHING responsible when it comes to drugs or alcohol..but that's just me...

Ideally someday thats my goal, with breaks for b-days, holidays etc, but with my lifestlye and circle of friends its just not realistic.

#10 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

Ideally someday thats my goal, with breaks for b-days, holidays etc, but with my lifestlye and circle of friends its just not realistic.

well, if you really want it bad enough it's realistic..for me it became a matter of life and death..

#11 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

well, if you really want it bad enough it;s realistic..for me it became an matter of life an death..

I've already quit the things that were killing me. I don't think beer in moderation, trips and mj will kill me.

#12 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

I've already quit the things that were killing me. I don't think beer in moderation, trips and mj will kill me.

cool man..I wasn't suggesting you should necessarily do anything..just that you could if you wanted to. I can only speak for me. I drank when I hadn't planned on it and once I started I couldn't stop. Drugs just made me get desperate faster and I'm grateful for that. I wish you the best of luck...

#13 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

thanks.so many 12 steppers are so closed minded when it comes to ppl like me. Not you. Thanks.

#14 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

Are you kidding? I'm not close minded, I'm jealous. If there were a pill I could take to let me drink, smoke, and trip responsibly I'd be all over it! Unfortunately I am unable to do that. Moderation does not satisfy me, so, for me, clean and sober is the only sane option.

#15 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

thanks.so many 12 steppers are so closed minded when it comes to ppl like me. Not you. Thanks.

at its core, the program i embrace is simple and personal.

There is a significant difference between a hard drinker and a real alcoholic..only you can make the distinction.

If you ever need to talk just pm me..

#16 JoeBlue1983

JoeBlue1983
  • VibeTribe
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

July 12, 2008---I just celebrated 1 year clean!!! I'm psyched about the upcoming Vibes fest. This will be my first year back since putting down the drugs. I hope to meet up with you guys!!!!

#17 Stoo

Stoo
  • VibeTribe
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Huge congrats JoeBlue1983!

Me - September 26, 2007. It took the NY State Thruway, a Ferrari traveling at close to 100mph, and a very large tree to get me to stop. I should be dead.

#18 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

My name is Michael. I'm an alcoholic in recovery. My last drink or drug was July 6th, 2004. I have a homegroup, some great committments, and a sponsor.:smile: