Classic Discussion: ILCC vs. Seaside Park

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

I'm a Seaside Park guy.  I love the infrastructure.  You don't have to drive through deep mud if it rains.  I think there's more vendors and they're set up better. I like looking at the water.  I also think the sound is a little better.  Late night set up is definitely better.

#2 I MAN

I MAN
  • VibeTribe
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

...bpt, love seaside

#3 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,892 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

i love the park!!  :)

#4 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,611 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

The sound is terrible at Seaside in my opinion. Besides that I like it.

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,661 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

No comment.

#6 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,621 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Seaside Park is nine miles from my house.

#7 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

While I like the setting at Seaside much more, I felt more free at ILCC.  For me, that alone tips the favor towards ILCC.

Then again, ask me tomorrow and it may be different :lol:

#8 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I prefer Seaside Park.    I stopped going to ILCC because they just seemed to be a little draconian with their entry searching.     It was always a clusterf*ck getting in, but once settled, it was relatively supportive.

#9 u.s.blues

u.s.blues
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

ilcc

#10 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

ILCC. <3 but im okay at bp too.

#11 gotabrewski2

gotabrewski2
  • VibeTribe
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

I like seaside!

#12 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,860 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

As much as I like trees, shade and mountains Seaside is great for Vibes. Where else can you catch a sunrise on the water with the tide crashing against the rocks. Luv it.  :heart:

#13 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Seaside ;)

#14 Goose

Goose
  • VibeTribe
  • 618 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Seaside is great because of the beach, amenities, park, concert field.   ILCC was great because it was more of an escape, camping away from civilization, more organic or something.

#15 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

as great as BP is (and I really think it is)- it would be great to see the festival change locations. back to ILCC could work, but I agree getting in SUCKED there. Or somewhere else in NY state, sussex country NJ or conn would be great.  then again, BP rocks and I can always go to other festies at other locations..

#16 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

The setup at Bridgeport is excellent and it's so easy to get around.  Love that it's on the ocean.  Do not love  camping in the middle of the city with streetlights everywhere.   Good outweights the bad at Bridgeport for sure!        I would take Bridgeport over ILCC any day.

#17 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,539 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Love that it's on the ocean.  Do not love  camping in the middle of the city with streetlights everywhere.   

This.

ILCC was great because it was more of an escape, camping away from civilization, more organic or something.

This.

Both are equally far away from Phily.  The Traffic in CT makes me lean towards ILCC.  

But to me it does not really matter, as long as we are all at Vibes.

#18 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 829 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

I find BP a lot of fun and really great.  I also find it to be a lot like camping in New York City.  I'd rather be in a less urban setting for a fest.  Then again, Vibes is SO big, it has to be as structured as it is.  And the BP setting is great for that.  They clearly have their act together in terms of emergency preparedness, and that's important just in case.

#19 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Seaside is great because of the beach, amenities, park, concert field.   ILCC was great because it was more of an escape, camping away from civilization, more organic or something.

all of this, plus what Again and Again said.  from a business perspective, Seaside seems like a dream location and i like the diversity it promotes, both in the lineup and the attendees.  the infrastructure is great, but i DID love ILCC for its privacy, natural setting and smaller feel.  you can't have it both ways though, and i've been happy to watch Vibes grow into something that's built to last.   

#20 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,282 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

I've been to 4 different festivals, some multiple times at ILCC

Gathering Of The Vibes

Camp Creek

Phan Phest

Camp Bisco

I didn't have any major problems with ILCC.  I would have liked if the staff gave you a little more respect while searching the cars.  That's a drop in the bucket of what's always a good time.

That said I still prefer Seaside.

#21 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,611 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

I'm over both locations at this point.  I've been to both multiple times.  Though I will be missing Bridgeport when Vibes comes around this summer :)

#22 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,934 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

i just wish the sound was better in seaside...and we've out grown the concert field. i get claustrophobic in there 

#23 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

I have grown used to Seaside Park, and thinks it is a nice environment, but I always preferred ILCC...

#24 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,986 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

I like and understand vibe at ILCC but GOTV is too big for that. Works well in BP.

#25 SHStrangers

SHStrangers
  • VibeTribe
  • 858 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

I like and understand vibe at ILCC but GOTV is too big for that. Works well in BP.

Bisco is much bigger than Vibes. The change in layout and opening new fields made for a much bigger venue...

I'm a Seaside Park guy.  I love the infrastructure.  You don't have to drive through deep mud if it rains.  I think there's more vendors and they're set up better. I like looking at the water.  I also think the sound is a little better.  Late night set up is definitely better.

The newer layout at ILCC has way more venfors than Seaside in multiple vending areas

I prefer ILCC. I feel safer there. ...and getting in and out of there. ~Donald

#26 smagnolia

smagnolia
  • VibeTribe
  • 577 posts
  • LocationRutland, VT

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

I prefer ILCC and will chime in more when I can articulate! I'm toast from a work week in hell~ G'Night tribe...........

#27 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

My first Vibes was the last at ILCC.  The first year or two at Seaside were great but it got old quick. 

So much more sketch at seaside. 

Waking up near a dead body with suspicious circumstances surrounding it. 

TONS of locals (no offense to vibe tribe locals) that were there simply to make money and steal shit. 

Getting searched (and sequentially being denied passing) just to go from East camping to West to visit friends just because I had beer in my back pack.

We were the second car in line in 2008 or 9 and it still took us three plus hours to get in.

I bought beer on the stage field at ILCC even though you could freely bring your own, not having the option kind of sucks.

#28 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,611 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Yeah I feel like going to Seaside is much more like going to a concert with Camping then a music festival.  I do like the ease of entry, it has gotten much better over the years, and being able to walk on pavement when I am stumbly.  

#29 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Seaside Park is nine miles from my house.

ILCC is not much more than 9 mi. from my house...nicer drive, but then...

While I like the setting at Seaside much more, I felt more free at ILCC.  For me, that alone tips the favor towards ILCC.

Being so close to home and teaching in a local conservative school district...I was always worried students might see "the real me" restricting my freedom feel.

i just wish the sound was better in seaside...and we've out grown the concert field. i get claustrophobic in there 

Yes! When the headline acts play, I hate having to cram through the gates and huddle in the back to avoid the crush.

The consistent work on entry has paid huge dividends...that never were achieved at ILCC due to the security there doing it however they felt like it at the time...And road access sucks to that town.     some setups worked fairly well...most did not. 

All that being said...I say we take over Watkins Glen! :wink:

#30 Catfish John

Catfish John
  • VibeTribe
  • 434 posts
  • LocationMARS HOTEL

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Watkins Glen I second that emotion    maybe time for a change

#31 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,611 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Watkins Glen would be cool and all but you need to be able to draw 40-50 thousand people to make it profitible there.  I wouldn't want Vibes to be that big.

#32 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

sure...cloud the issue with facts...what's the fun of that?

dreamin.jpg

#33 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,934 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Watkins Glen would be cool and all but you need to be able to draw 40-50 thousand people to make it profitible there.  I wouldn't want Vibes to be that big.

just have bigger bands play ;) they can fill it

#34 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,160 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

spent a few really good years at ILCC

i will always have fond memories of it

but seaside now feels like home :rose: