132 replies to this topic

#1 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,696 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

RockNRollResortLogo.png

WELCOME BACK ROCKERS & ROCKETTES!

We hope that you all had an awesome New Year's Eve 'cause we all did at vNYE! $2 beers, killer food (yes, we stepped it up a notch), an amazing group of fans, and some totally tasty tunes! It's easy to forget how amazing The Rock n Roll Resort truly is when you're away from it for a while. Albeit, vNYE was only 1 night, but it was 1 night that we were SO PROUD to have been a part of. BIG THANKS to Below the Influence Productions for teaming up with Wicked Cool Productions and making it all possible!

Now for the BIG NEWS! As some of you saw in our soft announce yesterday, via our social networks, Rock n Roll Resort v4 has been announced! April 4-6, 2014 are the dates and early bird room packages and tickets are ON SALE NOW! We've already blown through about half of our early bird room packages, so for those of you interested in taking advantage of the lowest prices offered, now is your time!

We'll be releasing the new website, many more details, and the greatly anticipated lineup in the very near future. Also worth noting, we're going to have an artist competition for live bands and DJs, where the top 3 in each group will win a slot at the event. We've had so many talented artists calling the office asking what it takes to make it on the bill... and here's the chance!

We've put months of planning into this one, we've incorporated all of your feedback from previous events, and we're proud to say that Rock n Roll Resort v4 will most certainly be the best one yet! (and possibly a not so Tiny Rager)

Early bird room packages and tickets available now!

tickets.jpeg

#2 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

oh hell yeah! 

#3 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

Was already on our schedule.

#4 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

That was a well timed 04:20PM announcement...

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,696 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

That was a well timed 04:20PM announcement...

:pimp:

#6 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

and, to think, a week later, my dad and friends will roll into there for Passover. :lol: talk about diverse uses of a venue.

#7 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

and, to think, a week later, my dad and friends will roll into there for Passover. :lol: talk about diverse uses of a venue.

That is AWESOME!!

#8 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

....anyone know any bands yet.....? ;)

#9 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

......for a real good time......
RockNRollResortLogo.png

WELCOME BACK ROCKERS & ROCKETTES!

We hope that you all had an awesome New Year's Eve 'cause we all did at vNYE! $2 beers, killer food (yes, we stepped it up a notch), an amazing group of fans, and some totally tasty tunes! It's easy to forget how amazing The Rock n Roll Resort truly is when you're away from it for a while. Albeit, vNYE was only 1 night, but it was 1 night that we were SO PROUD to have been a part of. BIG THANKS to Below the Influence Productions for teaming up with Wicked Cool Productions and making it all possible!
Now for the BIG NEWS! As some of you saw in our soft announce yesterday, via our social networks, Rock n Roll Resort v4 has been announced! April 4-6, 2014 are the dates and early bird room packages and tickets are ON SALE NOW! We've already blown through about half of our early bird room packages, so for those of you interested in taking advantage of the lowest prices offered, now is your time!

We'll be releasing the new website, many more details, and the greatly anticipated lineup in the very near future. Also worth noting, we're going to have an artist competition for live bands and DJs, where the top 3 in each group will win a slot at the event. We've had so many talented artists calling the office asking what it takes to make it on the bill... and here's the chance!

We've put months of planning into this one, we've incorporated all of your feedback from previous events, and we're proud to say that Rock n Roll Resort v4 will most certainly be the best one yet! (and possibly a not so Tiny Rager)

Early bird room packages and tickets available now!
tickets.jpeg

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,073 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

My mom has been to several quilting retreats over there. :)

#11 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

The R&RR NYE alongside the Impressia club Russian New Years celebration was about as diverse as you can imagine.

#12 stevdef

stevdef
  • VibeTribe
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Oh Yeah!

#13 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 347 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

booked

#14 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

anyone been to this and have details?  Whats the whole feel like?

#15 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'm in! Super excited for the line up to be annoucned

#16 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

I went 2 years ago, it's awesome...totally contained indoors....and I mean it's freaking amazing being able to go back to a room to get changed and rest...

#17 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Yes. Went last years. Cool vibe total indoor fest feel taking over mainlobby with merch tables. Three to four areas for tunes. Food sucked order Chinese delivery.

#18 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

OK Boardies...This is a great event not to be missed -

Once again, The Kind Buds are a part of this event - PLEASE KIND FRIENDS - when ordering tickets - please put in The Kind Buds for the magic code and we'll get "credit' for your attendance..............more info to come........

#19 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

...and the motet!

#20 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

...and the motet!

wha wha WHAAAT????

man, i so wish i could do this.  so so wish. 

enjoy, friends :)

#21 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,820 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

if anyone hears of volunteer opportunities there, please feel free to holler.

#22 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

The Kind Buds play the Acoustic Stage on Friday from 10 - 12 and then the Lounge on Saturday from 1 - 2 PM..... and of course they'll be playing in private bedrooms too!!!!

#23 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,159 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

:naughty:  or  :undecided:

:dunno:

#24 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

This fest better announce their lineup...2 months away and no headliners announced?? That's dangerous territory for an event that's hella expensive like this...

#25 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,392 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Nice to see the Kind Buds are playing but what they have announced so far does not get me in the mood to drop over 200 bucks.  we shall see later today when they announce more acts.

#26 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Nice to see the Kind Buds are playing but what they have announced so far does not get me in the mood to drop over 200 bucks.  we shall see later today when they announce more acts.
Thank you kindly...here's the link to click on
http://rocknrollreso...pon=thekindbuds

#27 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

My thoughts exactly...it's cool they have kind buds and big takeover and peter prince and trauma unit...but they should stop playing little teasing games 2 months out...they're not exactly Bonnaroo yet it costs about as much as Roo does for a ticket. The whole lineup tease thing would have been more effective say 2 months or so ago, but with fests in july and august already announcing lineups with headliners, I'd say they better get to going or else it's gonna be one empty dirty stinky resort.

#28 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

Eh I think they count on the same people coming back over and over. 

#29 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Eh I think they count on the same people coming back over and over. 

They better hope so. I used to help put on Rock The Resort at the same place, similar lineups. Our last one was the most successful one...we had Soulive, Rubblebucket, Particle and NRPS. They kinda just swooped in the following year and used our model and lineup and got the same people. Well played haha. But idk, it's a tough economy, I hope it turns out swell and dandy for them, but it's a tough kind of fest to make money off of and 2 months out with no lineup is tough. This is a fest that's more successful in the winter months...in April, speaking for myself here, I'm not really concerned with some indoor fests with bands I can see at the local watering hole for the same price as a really cool summer outdoor fest with huge names 2 months later.

#30 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

and ahem, gregoir, I have requested your presence in the Samsquantch festival thread, seeking your expert advice, and maybe some advice on under the radar acts I should check out there. Please and thanks yous. :)

#31 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 347 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Lineup is out

http://rocknrollreso...4/?page_id=1013

#32 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Holy whoa- that's a solid lineup I want to see....The Motet, Everyone O. Cabinet, Peter and Trama...yikes I gotta stop looking at it cause there's no way I can go. :lol: 

#33 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Nice lineup, can't wait.

#34 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,363 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

goddamn...:eek:

this is something i am interested in now

that line-up has a solid amount of great music i would LOVE to see!

can someone tell me more about the fest?

when does music start and stop?

if one got a room with double occupancy does that mean there are 2 tickets and the room and all amenities included in the price?

color me intrigued...

#35 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Looks like Tabbooma cannot sit this one out, Cabinet and Motet :)

#36 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 347 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

One of my favorite times.

Ticket is included in booking a room.  I believe the rooms can have up to 5 or so people per room.  More than 3 is too many imo.  They also give you meal tickets which I've never used.  The worst thing about this event is the food.  Other than that it's pahhty time.

Scheduled music usually goes to 6ish maybe...Late or early however you see it.

There are 2 main room where the music happens.  A very large theatre type room with dance floor and a smaller bar/lounge type room adjacent.  

The main lobby is filled with vendors and just a cool vibe.. There is an acoustic stage in the lobby also with music pretty much all weekend at all hours.

I've never taken advantage of the pool or golf course or any of those activities but they're there.  Beautiful area.  The wait for an elevator is sometimes long esp if you're on the 7th floor.

#37 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,363 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

music is fri and sat only?

#38 groundhog

groundhog
  • VibeTribe
  • 347 posts
  • Locationthe 603

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

I think it may start of thu this time????  You'll need MOnday off too as music goes on till the monday morning sun rises.

#39 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Holy whoa- that's a solid lineup I want to see....The Motet, Everyone O. Cabinet, Peter and Trama...yikes I gotta stop looking at it cause there's no way I can go. :lol:

this it's a solid lineup and a fair price if you have five people.  Get it together gregoir no hippie adventures for you :joker:

#40 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hope the room is better, the last time Tabbooma went the room was a shit hole, it had a balcony but that was it

#41 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,363 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

sigh

i really need to cut my spending this year but...:plain:

#42 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hope the room is better, the last time Tabbooma went the room was a shit hole, it had a balcony but that was it

Tower rooms are much better, clean but still dated. No balcony but windows open as needed :gregoir:

#43 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,159 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

goddamn... :eek:

this is something i am interested in now

that line-up has a solid amount of great music i would LOVE to see!

can someone tell me more about the fest?

when does music start and stop?

if one got a room with double occupancy does that mean there are 2 tickets and the room and all amenities included in the price?

color me intrigued...

^ This

Replacement for Mtn Jam?

#44 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

R&T.. Cool. will see you there :)

#45 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

unless its changed since Tabbooma was there last, the lobby is cool and has vendor tents set up, the bands play in a small type bar area and they have a theater type seating venue for larger acts... food is meh, RT said tower rooms are better

#46 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,159 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

What's a tower room?

#47 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Come come come people....its fun!!!

Our room (1 420) was very nice last year....

Here's the link to get you to the site..... and remember to put in the special code  TheKindBuds

http://rocknrollreso...pon=thekindbuds

#48 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

What's a tower room?

Overstatement, should have said upper floors of "new section"

#49 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

All set Kitty, put the Buds in ;)

#50 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,376 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Killer line up for sure, Tabbooma may actually get some sleep at this one, probably a nap.. last room was packed and having a time ;)