5 replies to this topic

#1 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's a start...

"Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York plans this week to announce an executive action that would allow limited use of the drug by those with serious illnesses, state officials say."

http://www.nytimes.c...agewanted=print

#2 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,256 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Things are going in the right direction.  Thanks to the courageous stance of Republican State Senator Steve Saland (NY) same sex marriage is legal in NY.   I am proud of Senator Saland who was my district's Senator.  Now a couple years later, same-sex marriage is legitimate in most New Yorker's minds and hearts.

I don't partake in or enjoy marijuana.  I think it's users and supporters falsely deny side-effects and are overly reverent of it.  I do however know with my mind and heart that medical rights are human rights.  It is not my place to deny somebody something that can alleviate somebody's suffering. 

Maybe you're passionate about legalizing marijuana but don't care about gay marriage.  Or vice versa.   Look at both issues as something that brings comfort, health, healing, and joy to people who have been marginalized Support both causes, nationwide.  Thank you for your time.

#3 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

Your whole world of weed slang is about to change.  .  .  and judging from the CA experience, it's not just a start, it's the end of routine enforcement actions against everyone, not just legit medical users.

#4 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

It's election year. This is just King Andrew counting on the fact that no one reads beyond the headlines. This will change nothing.

#5 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Ken,

I did/do read past the headlines, and if it takes a hospital board to approve people on a one buy one basis for this... I still see that as a huge improvement. 

I am with you on the election year BS though, and this is just the tip of the iceberg

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,014 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

It's election year. This is just King Andrew counting on the fact that no one reads beyond the headlines. This will change nothing.

Yep. You nailed it.