• LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Mine is the Thoth deck.

#2 holysmokes

holysmokes
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

I am not familiar with many decks and I am certainly not schooled in the symbology they use, that being said I always liked the artwork of the Rider-Waite tarot deck.

#3 EmilyJean27

EmilyJean27
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

I have a mini deck of the rider-waite cards...they're all so beautiful 

usgr78.jpg

#4 OpusX

OpusX
  • VibeTribe
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHartford

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

I got all my great grandmothers tarot cards when she died. Just found them after being in a box for 13+ years. Some have trippy shrooms on them, those are my favorite. The ones with frogs are really cool too. I'll take pics when I have time. She never let me touch them when I was a kid. She never gave me a reading either, said I was too young. Some tarot cards are just regular playing cards that she had written her own messages on. I remember her using those most often, and frequently buying decks of cards to make her own. Is that a common practice for you guys? I guess her grandmother taught her how to give readings. Some of the cards are obviously very, very old. She told me a story of how her grandparents were gypsy's and fled from Austria to Italy so that they could avoid religious persecution. Then when she was 15 moved to America with my great grandfather, who was from Sicily, some time before WWI. Anyways, I'm curious if you could use those tarot cards to go back in history as opposed to reading the future? My mother and aunts tell me my great grandmother was extremely accurate when giving a reading. I'm also curious these cards have any value. I'm not talking money wise. Obviously they hold a sentimental value to me. But I'm assuming a few of these decks have been handed down for perhaps 5 generations. That's got to be kind of rare right? Got to be a reason why I still have them, even though they're just sitting in a box collecting dust. Any thoughts?