All 50 States Ranked in Order.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

hasn't been edited yet.  I don't have any paid staff but here you go.

1) OR

2)  NY

3) MA

4) WA

5) CT

6) NC

7) MN

8) HI

11) CO

12) IA

13) ME

14) IL

15) MI

16) NM

17) WV

18) VT

19) VA

20) ID

21) LA

22) SD

23) PA

24) RI

25) CA

26) WI

27) NH

28) AK

29) AR

30) MT

31) MO

32) UT

33) DE

34) TN

35) OK

36) NJ

37) KS

38) OH

39) GA

40) IN

41) KY

42) NJ

43) AZ

44) NE

45) SC

46) ND

47) WY

48) MS

49) FL

50) TX

#2 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

I try not to question your lists Ryan, but can you please explain how MA is higher than WA?

The fact that Texas is #50 redeems you though.

#3 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

Idaho sucks. I dunno if you've been there, but I lived there, and you talk about some closed minded, judgemental people. Sheesh. 

#4 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

It was very close.  I have more first hand knowledge of MA than WA.  I've been and enjoyed WA hence it's great ranking.  Seen Phish there in Spokane and Seattle. Went to Mariners day, hiked along the coast, drove through to get to Idaho several times.

MA has a lot more history than WA

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,206 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Idaho sucks. I dunno if you've been there, but I lived there, and you talk about some closed minded, judgemental people. Sheesh.

"Free taters for out-of-staters"!! :lol:

#6 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have been there driving through about a half-dozen times.  I've visited Moscow, Twin Falls and Idaho quite a bit.

Idaho has a lot of natural beauty and the best rock club west of Minneapolis, John's Alley.

Plus if you go through all 50 states and insert "I'm the motherfuckin'"    " da motherfuckin ho" wins every time.

I appreciate your feedback, and it will  be considered when the next list is created.

#7 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

MA has a lot more history than WA

:lol: that is a very true statement. I remember being like... where's the real bars, ya know, something gritty and real and old ... everything there had a Friendly's / truckstop / franchise feel to it. very whitebread.

#8 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

I have been there driving through about a half-dozen times.  I've visited Moscow, Twin Falls and Idaho quite a bit.

Idaho has a lot of natural beauty and the best rock club west of Minneapolis, John's Alley.

Plus if you go through all 50 states and insert "I'm the motherfuckin'"    " da motherfuckin ho" wins every time.

I appreciate your feedback, and it will  be considered when the next list is created.

:lol: Who da ho? I-da-ho! hyuck hyuck!

Yeah, it certainly is a beautiful state, but the people just muck it all up. I miss the nature something awful, and the lack of rules re: camping, 4-wheeling, etc. 

You were talking about your church recently, and the closemindedness, and it most certainly reminded me of the people out there. I have a tattoo on my left forearm, and I've had older people in a grocery look at it, look at me, and shrink away, like I'm a fucking leper. God forbid it's blistering hot out, and I'm not wearing a bra under my tank top. I'm normally a pretty tolerant person when it comes to different religions and people's beliefs, but when you change the city's date of celebration for Independence Day (the day we celebrate the end of religious/political tyranny from England!!! Irony, much?) because it doesn't suit your church's needs, I have a severe fucking problem with that. 

Ok, rant off! :lol:

Yeah, out west there are some really cool places, but city/history wise, it's a lot newer. You'll find some cool history places in the old west mining towns - Montana and the like... Definitely gritty!

#9 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Which states are #'s 9 & 10? Can't be NJ (already # 36 & 42)

Paid staff is overrated! Get an intern.

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Good catch I will review I after work

#11 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm confused....in order of what??     :dunno: 

#12 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

obviously you're not familiar with Royal's list.

#13 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,510 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

:lol: Who da ho? I-da-ho! hyuck hyuck!

Yeah, it certainly is a beautiful state, but the people just muck it all up. I miss the nature something awful, and the lack of rules re: camping, 4-wheeling, etc. 

You were talking about your church recently, and the closemindedness, and it most certainly reminded me of the people out there. I have a tattoo on my left forearm, and I've had older people in a grocery look at it, look at me, and shrink away, like I'm a fucking leper. God forbid it's blistering hot out, and I'm not wearing a bra under my tank top. I'm normally a pretty tolerant person when it comes to different religions and people's beliefs, but when you change the city's date of celebration for Independence Day (the day we celebrate the end of religious/political tyranny from England!!! Irony, much?) because it doesn't suit your church's needs, I have a severe fucking problem with that. 

Ok, rant off! :lol:

Yeah, out west there are some really cool places, but city/history wise, it's a lot newer. You'll find some cool history places in the old west mining towns - Montana and the like... Definitely gritty!

I've spent some time in Idaho Falls doing work for Basic American Foods in Shelley.  Georgous part of the country but I fully agree with your thoughts on the people.

#14 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

obviously you're not familiar with Royal's list.

obviously not

#15 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

legalise it, ya, ya, and I will advertise it :grin:

#16 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

3 cheerz for OR GUN! I'm honored to live in the #1 sate on an infamous royal list. Hey R.C. Stewart, exactly 100 days 'til you revisit your former home state and you get to visit Kristen and I in our first apartment together. Special times. :)

#17 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

Dude...obviously you're not much of a golfer.

#18 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,264 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'm starting to warm up to your lists, although obviously my rankings differ.

#19 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,264 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I loved it. Surprisingly I found Oregon to exhibit more of what you point out.

I'm sure glad I had MA plates on my car there. They really hate Californians in Idaho!

#20 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,264 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

As for Texas, Austin has to at least put it up there above OK! And why does yucky Michigan get such a break?