Visualization... need help please

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Okay, Terry, I'm sorry I was rude to you a while back.  That said, I need the help of and the other people who focus on this forum.

I've had some success professionally, academically, and with friendships.  I have a few athletic accomplishments in canoeing and cycling around Nova Scotia. But that goes back to age 14-16..

I am obviously working on being healthier now.  In successful areas of my life visiualization has helped me achieve goals.  But I don't know what to expect as I work hard on health.

I'm 40 years old, 6'2 327 lbs.  On a whole lots of meds for psych stuff and on chloresteral and high blood pressure. (although as an aside they tell me my blood pressure is good, but still want me to take the pills).

I am eating better, taking my blood sugar readings, gonna start exercising tomorrow.  I'd like to get to 280 lbs. and reevaluate there.

I don't know what to visiualize as results of the hard work. Will I be able to climb stairs without getting winded, will I enjoy healthy food more?  Will I have more energy at festivals?  What else?

Your thoughts are welcome

Thank you,

Ryan

#2 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

With all due respect, that's nobody's question to answer but your own.

#3 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,175 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Visualize feeling stronger.

Visualize being active and really enjoying it.

Visualize climbing stairs without getting winded.

Visualize getting in and out of a chair being easier.

Visualize dancing for extended periods of time without tiring.

:heart:

#4 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

that's the beauty of visualization, whatever you want to be doing is what you think about.  See yourself slimmer, healthier, doing the things you want to be doing but can't do now.  once you start eating healthier and get off the wheat, sugar etc you will enjoy salads etc, so picture yourself saying "no" to junk food and relishing a huge ass salad.  It really does happen!  :)  best of luck, keep us posted.  ps, don't try to go all out crazy with exercise right away, you might get your diet in shape for a week or so till you start feeling more energetic then add in a walk or some stretching.  Don't get sore or you won't want to continue.  

#5 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,428 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'd suggest picturing yourself some of your meds for health issues (diabetes, blood pressure), picture yourself happy walking at a music festival up a hiill (I still get winded walking up a lot of stairs...don't know if that will ever happen for me).

Picture yourself eating and enjoying meals made out of whole foods that nourish you instead of quick fixes :)

#6 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,063 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

duuuuude- visualize the vibes lapdance! 

#7 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,697 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

LJsticker_zps4bcdf6ff.jpg

#8 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

two words.  MASTER CLEANSE

#9 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,063 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

:lol: I always thought his titty dance was the best. 

LJsticker_zps4bcdf6ff.jpg

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,697 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Requests are always welcome.   :smile: