Photo

Should we expect Velvet Underground tunes at PHish in Hartford?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,666 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

not saying this in any negativity...  I just know that trey was a huge fan of Lou Reed.. and will most likely pay homage to him..   I would love to hear some Lou Reed Solo stuff... but i'm sure the boys from PHish were limited on time for something like that...  i would prefer "cool it down" over "rock n roll"

#2 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think we're bound to hear some VU, hoping for something out of the ordinary. Got a good link? nothing here so far

#3 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,666 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

i will check for a link.... but i guess as i was typing the original post... PHish already made up their mind...   Set one started with "Rock N Roll"

#4 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

hoodstream is live , but scetchy

#5 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,666 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

yeah, ken.. i just checked out that link on hoodstream... super choppy... like 100 thousand people trying to listen

#6 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Rock and Roll opener.

Rock And Roll, Ocelot, Tube, Halfway To The Moon

#7 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,666 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

halfway to the moon is a page song?  or is it actually a phish tune?

#8 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,012 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Hoodstream is it tonight.

#9 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

this show was awesome....

After Rock N Roll Trey says: "That goes out to one of the greatest artists to ever live"
  then the crowd  chants "Looooue"  like baseball fans did for Lou Pinella and Lou Whitaker.

Then Trey says moment of silence, and it was damn quiet.

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

We had the honor of playing with Lou Reed on a festival bill in Germany when we were touring with the Violent Femmes in 1992. As we were walking up onstage, Lou was sitting in the grass next to the stage. I nervously approached and said hi, and he said “go up there and show em’ how to Rock and Roll, after all, we invented it.” His comment made my head spin. The entire time we were up onstage playing I was thinking, “did he mean Americans, or him and The Velvet Underground?” Because either statement would be  true.  Think about it for a second… long before the Ramones, without whom there never would have been the Sex Pistols or punk music, long before Patti Smith, long before Glam, noise rock, grunge, indie, long before the Smiths, Pavement, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, and on and on… there was Lou Reed.

Thank you, Lou. You are the true father of Rock and Roll. We all are forever in your debt.

-

Trey Anastasio