Joe Lhota

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Diggin' this dude for mayor. de Blasio is a roral toolbag. So that's who we'll get. :lmao:

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

#3 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Diggin' this dude for mayor. de Blasio is a roral toolbag. So that's who we'll get. :lmao:

What do you like about Joe Lhota?  

There are not many politicians you say that about so I was wondering.

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

http://joelhotaforma...hota17-13MR.pdf

He has the experience with the city to be Mayor. de Blasio has the typical limo lolberal rhetoric

He wants to attract manufacturing and high tech businesses to the city through partnerships (yes, I know Im against public/private relations...but they are here to stay)

He's a true fiscal conservative with the record to prove it. de Blasio is the typical tax the rich and spend lolberal.

He wants to expand educational opportunities for the workers, not just after school programs for kids (not that im against after school programs).

Anyway, you can read abotu his stances at the pdf.

#5 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,980 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

And it'll be fun to write lolhota when you become disillusioned with him, too.   :rolling:

#6 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

PDF looks pretty good.

He seems loLiberal enough (supports gay marriage), but fiscally responsible.  That is all I ever want in a candidate.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

And it'll be fun to write lolhota when you become disillusioned with him, too.   :rolling:

I dont have to worry about that. The limo LOLberal is going to be the winner. He's been howling the LOLberal dog whistle of tax the rich. Thats all it takes.

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

PDF looks pretty good.

He seems loLiberal enough (supports gay marriage), but fiscally responsible.  That is all I ever want in a candidate.

He's no lolberal. Liberal, perhaps, but not lolberal.

He's also for the decriminalization of the whcky tabbacky in nyc...

#9 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

He's no lolberal. Liberal, perhaps, but not lolberal.

Oh didn't realize there was a difference, but I got ya.

:lol:

He's also for the decriminalization of the whcky tabbacky in nyc...

Unfortunately PA will be one of the last North East States to get behind this.   :(  #Pennslytucky

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Oh didn't realize there was a difference, but I got ya.

:lol:

Unfortunately PA will be one of the last North East States to get behind this.   :(  #Pennslytucky

Huge difference. I'm a liberal, if that helps.

#11 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,980 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

OK - now I'm confuddled.

#12 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

You are?  I always thought you were more of a Ron Paul conservative, but then again socially RP is pretty liberal.

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

http://www.merriam-w...nary/liberalism

:  the quality or state of being liberal

b :  a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard

c :  a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties

(definitions shortened for brevity and relevance)

Today, I'm known as a libertarian, but what I really am is a liberal. it's just that authoritarian progressives (I call them LOLberals) hi-jacked the term liberal to pass themselves off as part of the original american political paradigm.

#14 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

leave sqf the illeagel way it is done now or scale it back with needed oversight ?

Roody had his goon squads too until the Feds stepped in and shut them down.

Why did he use the biker attach to show where we would wind up, and why didn't it show the off duty police officer trying to break the back window ?

"Safety" has been used as an excuse to strip our freedoms by these folks for 5 terms already.

He want to control the B&T's but what's his plan after that ?

another no win either way in my book, but i might need some govment cheese real soon.

#15 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

http://www.merriam-w...nary/liberalism

:  the quality or state of being liberal

b :  a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard

c :  a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties

(definitions shortened for brevity and relevance)

Today, I'm known as a libertarian, but what I really am is a liberal. it's just that authoritarian progressives (I call them LOLberals) hi-jacked the term liberal to pass themselves off as part of the original american political paradigm.

TASB, may I make a suggestion, as a Libertarian? Please identify yourself as such to other people, because there are many people who feel the same way you (and I) do, and are, by definition, Libertarians. Problem is, most of them have never heard of it, and/or are mentally stuck in that two-party rut. A third party is so desperately needed and wanted, but the general view of people is that there isn't a single, strong party. IMHO, there is - Libertarians. I've talked to soooo many people who agree with my/Libertarian ideals, but they've either never heard of another party, or they're fearful that they'll 'waste' their vote, etc. Strength in numbers, man. 

Also, I think what was once a 'liberal' is no more. Over time, identities change, and a liberal is now exactly what they are in the government - rules and regulations and breathing down your neck. I say this as someone who once called myself a liberal. Socially, yes, I am. And I think that's why I originally likened myself to them. The older I get, the more I learn, and also the more they change. 

My .02, I thought I'd throw it out there, since you and I seem to usually be on the same political page....

#16 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

TASB will you actually vote for Llotha?

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

TASB will you actually vote for Llotha?

Well, right now I'm really debating the bother. It looks like the Limo LOLberal is an absolute shoe-in. So it might just frustrate me more to try and unseat a sure thing than anything else.

But today is the day.

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

TASB, may I make a suggestion, as a Libertarian? Please identify yourself as such to other people, because there are many people who feel the same way you (and I) do, and are, by definition, Libertarians. Problem is, most of them have never heard of it, and/or are mentally stuck in that two-party rut. A third party is so desperately needed and wanted, but the general view of people is that there isn't a single, strong party. IMHO, there is - Libertarians. I've talked to soooo many people who agree with my/Libertarian ideals, but they've either never heard of another party, or they're fearful that they'll 'waste' their vote, etc. Strength in numbers, man. 

Also, I think what was once a 'liberal' is no more. Over time, identities change, and a liberal is now exactly what they are in the government - rules and regulations and breathing down your neck. I say this as someone who once called myself a liberal. Socially, yes, I am. And I think that's why I originally likened myself to them. The older I get, the more I learn, and also the more they change. 

My .02, I thought I'd throw it out there, since you and I seem to usually be on the same political page....

Libertarian is the term today for the liberal of the past. Frankly, my days of trying to educate and get people to plant themselves firmly educated on political matters is over. People are going to do what they want regardless.

For instance, there is absolutely nothing to the majority liking, and in so voting for, de Blahsio. He is liked because of everything superficial and shallow about society. I've heard no argument for th emerits of his policies. Yet, I can guarantee you before the voting is even over, that he'll be the winner.

Politics is nothign more than a spectator sport. Even when you think you're participating, it's meaningless.

#19 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Libertarian is the term today for the liberal of the past. Frankly, my days of trying to educate and get people to plant themselves firmly educated on political matters is over. People are going to do what they want regardless.

For instance, there is absolutely nothing to the majority liking, and in so voting for, de Blahsio. He is liked because of everything superficial and shallow about society. I've heard no argument for th emerits of his policies. Yet, I can guarantee you before the voting is even over, that he'll be the winner.

Politics is nothign more than a spectator sport. Even when you think you're participating, it's meaningless.

Sounds like de Blahsio is the type of guy I would like to drink a beer with.

:facepalm: politics.

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

He's the kind of guy I probably couldn't stand more than 3 minutes of direct interaction with. And I'm even more sure I'll follow local politics very little because thsi moron is the one I'll have to listen to every time it involves the mayors office.

:facepalm:

#21 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, it looks like JLho will lose big time to Bolshevik Bill today.

#22 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

This is why voting is an absolutel joke and a broken system.

http://www.nytimes.c...-primaries.html

A total of 700,000 voters went to the polls, according to incomplete returns, or about 20 percent of enrolled Democrats and Republicans. That is a middling turnout, by historical standards.

About 22 percent of the city’s nearly three million enrolled Democrats voted, up from about 12 percent four years ago and nearly 19 percent in 2005. Republican turnout was even lower: Only about 12 percent, or fewer than 60,000, of the city’s 470,000 enrolled Republicans voted.

By contrast, in the 2001 primaries, the last time there was no mayor seeking re-election, about 850,0000 people voted, including about 30 percent of enrolled Democrats and about 14 percent of enrolled Republicans.

The unofficial turnout numbers are from 98 percent of the city’s 5,059 election districts

And this was the primary. The results regarding the over 3 million eligible voters in NYC for the election?

Party Votes Pct.% Bill de Blasio de Blasio Dem. 752,604 73.3%

Joseph J. Lhota Lhota Rep. 249,121 24.3%

Adolfo Carrión Jr. Carrión Inp. 8,202 0.8% Anthony B. Gronowicz Gronowicz Green 4,741 0.5% Jack D. Hidary Hidary Oth. 3,429 0.3% Jimmy McMillan McMillan Oth. 1,899 0.2% Erick J. Salgado Salgado Oth. 1,853 0.2% Michael Sanchez Sanchez Lib. 1,652 0.2% Daniel B. Fein Fein S.W.P. 721 0.1% Randy Credico Credico Oth. 654 0.1% Michael K. Greys Greys Frdm. 539 0.1% Carl Person Person Ref. 288 0% Joseph Melaragno Melaragno Oth. 269 0% Sam Sloan Sloan Oth. 142 0% Michael J. Dilger Dilger Oth. 54 0% Others Others   24,443 2.4%

Roughly less than 1/3 made a decision for the other 2/3. That's democracy, folks. This is what it really comes down to. The presidential preimary faired no better either in 2012. Of the eligible some 35% did not participate at all.

#23 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

This is why voting is an absolutel joke and a broken system.

http://www.nytimes.c...-primaries.html

And this was the primary. The results regarding the over 3 million eligible voters in NYC for the election?

Party Votes Pct.% Bill de Blasio de Blasio Dem. 752,604 73.3%

Joseph J. Lhota Lhota Rep. 249,121 24.3%

Adolfo Carrión Jr. Carrión Inp. 8,202 0.8% Anthony B. Gronowicz Gronowicz Green 4,741 0.5% Jack D. Hidary Hidary Oth. 3,429 0.3% Jimmy McMillan McMillan Oth. 1,899 0.2% Erick J. Salgado Salgado Oth. 1,853 0.2% Michael Sanchez Sanchez Lib. 1,652 0.2% Daniel B. Fein Fein S.W.P. 721 0.1% Randy Credico Credico Oth. 654 0.1% Michael K. Greys Greys Frdm. 539 0.1% Carl Person Person Ref. 288 0% Joseph Melaragno Melaragno Oth. 269 0% Sam Sloan Sloan Oth. 142 0% Michael J. Dilger Dilger Oth. 54 0% Others Others   24,443 2.4%

Roughly less than 1/3 made a decision for the other 2/3. That's democracy, folks. This is what it really comes down to. The presidential preimary faired no better either in 2012. Of the eligible some 35% did not participate at all.

... and why your vote would have counted a little more than say you had not voted?  

#24 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,668 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

You're missing the point. An individual gets one vote in this system. After that, the individual is at the mercy of the majority of ONLY those who vote. So it's essentially a contest to win in which an individual can not win. There are three types of individuals in the secret ballot process.

Those who participate because they recognize that by not, they have no recourse to the tyranny of the majority.

Those who participate to exercise tyranny over others

Those who do not participate at all and are still subject to the tyranny of the majority.

And when i say majority, i mean of voters. Not the people themselves. If only 20% turn out to vote, then 20% make the decision for the rest. period. The very system itself is the composition of tyranny.

#25 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,292 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

You're missing the point. An individual gets one vote in this system. After that, the individual is at the mercy of the majority of ONLY those who vote. So it's essentially a contest to win in which an individual can not win. There are three types of individuals in the secret ballot process.

Those who participate because they recognize that by not, they have no recourse to the tyranny of the majority.

Those who participate to exercise tyranny over others

Those who do not participate at all and are still subject to the tyranny of the majority.

And when i say majority, i mean of voters. Not the people themselves. If only 20% turn out to vote, then 20% make the decision for the rest. period. The very system itself is the composition of tyranny.

No I understand.

If there is 20% turnout, the people who do turnout are the people deciding who gets to mess things up more.  This is why I stated if one would vote, there vote would count more.  (except in a city like Philly where 80% of the people are registered as democrats and have had a democrat elected as mayor every cycle since 1952).

Not so sure I would use the word tyranny, but again I understand why you do.