• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 697 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

So, I am in the process of editing portions of my blog to be publish worthy for a future self-publishing attempt, but I am now realizing that I have gotten well off topic regarding the original gist of the story: how does a 325 lbs hippie stoner go from **** hits and cheeseburgers for breakfast, to successfully completing a full Ironman event?

Well, it seems I am spending more time lately defending my blog title 'Fat and the Furious' as, apparently, I am no longer fat, nor do I really partake in the 'rituals' anymore (if you catch my drift). So my premise is now, basically, faulty...and that's okay since it's part of the adventure thus far, but I am feeling like I need to rebrand myself a bit.

I am liking the name 'Further' as my new title, as that's primarily the name of the game here...go further...and it's a unique spin on this already popular 'hippie-ism'.

Any thoughts about this title, or any suggestions for others would be much appreciated. For reference sake, the link to my blog is on my signature.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

#2 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,279 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I like the new name, but everything you speak about (going from fat to not, giving up "rituals", etc.) are all important parts of your journey. I hope your plan isn't to cut any of that out of whatever excerpts from your blogs you're planning on publishing. I've been amazed by your transformation and definitely think that others would love to hear the whole story. You may very well inspire a legion of overweight cheeseburger eating st*ners to hit the Ironman circuit! Or to at least change some of their habits for their health's sake.

#3 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,063 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

IMO, you shouldn't change the name. The point is the transformation. You went from there to here. It is documented. I think it works how you originally planned it. Congrats.

#4 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,279 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:06 AM

IMO, you shouldn't change the name. The point is the transformation. You went from there to here. It is documented. I think it works how you originally planned it. Congrats.

Makes an awful lot of sense. :)

We saw how you got where you are through "Fat and the Furious." Maybe use "Further" as the title for your next "chapter?"

#5 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 697 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:39 AM

Good feedback, thank you. The title lives on...