Photo
- - - - -

Hard rock/metal folks - check out this album!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

This is Alter Bridge's 4th (new) album, Fortress. If you like 'em or don't, put that judgement aside, because this album is a little different than the others. If you've never heard them, give them a try. 

This one is a pretty heavy album, so if you're a metal fan, you might really dig this (depending on what kind of metal, I suppose...)

Anyways, at least give the first couple songs a listen. 

I love these guys. 

#2 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'd really rather lay on my side while a cow shits directly into my ear than listen to that ever again.

Metal Alter Bridge is not.

#3 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

You can put a pretty new singer out front, but it's still fucking Creed, and by default...horseshit. :lol:

#4 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

There are different types of metal. Surely you know that, mister 80's butt rock metal guy. 

#5 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Death metal, speed metal, power metal, symphonic metal, Viking metal, thrash. I love metal. Been into it since I was a small child in the 80s.

Creed and Alter Bridge are not metal, and calling them such is an insult to the genre I hold dear.

Dio is the king of metal. Hardly butt rock.

#6 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

My opinion? Dio is seriously pussy. I'm sorry, but that whole era is not 'hard'. I've had harder shits. 'Holy Suckballs' he sounds like a creeper. Who cares. That's my opinion, and it wasn't the original topic. but you have to drag them into it, even though it's just your own personal opinion. 

I never said Creed was metal. They can suck my balls. I said this new album isn't like their old stuff (which I never said was metal, either) I said it's a lot heavier than they have sounded before. I said if one likes hard rock or metal, they might like this. 

You have to come on here and be a fucking dick pickle..... why? You didn't say anything like that to the recent Yarn guy. Or other posts about new or unheard music. Did you even listen to the album? I bet not. You had to come on here and puff your stupid "i love metal' chest and act like if it isn't something you personally like, someone else can't possibly classify it like you would. Get over yourself. 

#7 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,981 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Ouch. Shocked and served.

#8 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

My opinion? Dio is seriously pussy. I'm sorry, but that whole era is not 'hard'. I've had harder shits. 'Holy Suckballs' he sounds like a creeper. Who cares. That's my opinion, and it wasn't the original topic. but you have to drag them into it, even though it's just your own personal opinion. 

I never said Creed was metal. They can suck my balls. I said this new album isn't like their old stuff (which I never said was metal, either) I said it's a lot heavier than they have sounded before. I said if one likes hard rock or metal, they might like this. 

You have to come on here and be a fucking dick pickle..... why? You didn't say anything like that to the recent Yarn guy. Or other posts about new or unheard music. Did you even listen to the album? I bet not. You had to come on here and puff your stupid "i love metal' chest and act like if it isn't something you personally like, someone else can't possibly classify it like you would. Get over yourself. 

If I want my ass kicked, I'll look towards Napalm Death or Sepultura. Dio/Sabbath et al is about the musicianship, the lyrics and Dio's vocal range. I've never seen a metal band...a real metal band worth a shit say anything cross about Dio. In fact, bands like Anthrax and Helstar worship the ground he walked on. If you judge your metal by what's pussy and what's not, I'm sorry. 

The band is Creed without Scott Stapp. It's like Audioslave was RATM with Chris Cornell. It's garbage....just my opinion. YOU put it out there, what did you expect, everyone to suck their asses and say it's the best thing EVAR!!!11

You don't like my style. So be it. Aside from my wife and kids and family there are two things in life I am passionate about: food culture and music. Within that, I primarily dig on punk rock/hardcore and metal. It's been that way since I was a small kid...probably close to 8 years old. The next door neighbor kids were older, and into the loudness of the times. I was hooked. I didn't comment on Yarn or other unheard music because that's not my bag. I'm not about to step up and comment on genres and music that I don't really know that much about. I prefer to come to a debate with an education. 

When you call out to metal fans on the board, you're pretty much talking right to me. Williscat and a few others might headbang...but that's about it. May Squish rest in peace. :heart:

I did listen to the first three songs, and they were unbearable. Again, you put this out there in public...don't be shocked when someone has a difference of opinion and expresses it strongly. Metalheads are notoriously passionate and guarded about their music and will stomp anything that tries to dilute it. 

Sorry you're butthurt! Here's some Nuclear Assault and some bonus King Diamond to counteract Alter Bridge's watered down stuff.

#9 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

When you call out to metal fans on the board, you're pretty much talking right to me. 

Don't flatter yourself - your opinion and approval is hardly one I was seeking out. And don't insult others by assuming that because you're so passionate that you're the only one on here that matters. 

And sharing an opinion and being a cocksucker about it are two different things. You tend to jump on that latter train immediately, and then backpedal later on. Admittedly, you do this. But yes, I put it out there for all opinions, good and bad. 

And yeah, if it sounds pussy, I don't really think it's metal. That's how I define it. 

#10 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,174 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'll give it a listen at work...I like almost every kind of music...even pop metal :D I just hope they don't call me a pussy for listening to it :funny1:

#11 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I didn't think you were looking for me or my approval. :lol: On the other hand, if I posted a thread looking for wrestling fans I'd expect to get Royal's opinion and not much else. This is something that has a narrow scope here, not trying to flatter myself or anyone really.

I'm a snob and an asshole when it comes to certain things I admit it, but if I'm going to act like that at least I know what I'm talking about it. Perhaps you don't really know me well enough to drop a character assessment and call me names? How long have you been here now?

#12 Crayzee

Crayzee
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

jesus - it don't matter what genre something gets pigeonholed into so most people here could give a rats ass about any kind of metal- mr resident metal guy don't have to rip the shit out of it the person posted it so everyone here could check it out and decide for themselves if they like it or not

#13 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's more fun that way and provides spirited debate to an otherwise sagging board. :funny1:

#14 Crayzee

Crayzee
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

ive mended my ways from when I used to rip the dead/ bobby/ phish etc basically all the music everyone here loves

#15 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

ive mended my ways from when I used to rip the dead/ bobby/ phish etc basically all the music everyone here loves

Though it's fun my opinions are 100% honest and how I feel. Bobby fans are just like metal fans. :lol:

The point is right now that mainstream music for the most part sucks. Alter Bridge is really no exception. They don't bring anything new to the table. It's Creed with guitar solos and a vocalist that is meh...not that Stapp is any prize. :lol:

#16 Crayzee

Crayzee
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uRmxZnzxPnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#17 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Didn't work!!?

#18 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

I haven't even listened to the album yet, but I will give it a try later.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! :jamguy:

HSC: 1

DHJ: 0

:lol: 

#19 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

:lol:

You're nothing if not consistent in your voting against me, Pearce.

#20 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,906 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I scrolled through the you tube link.  There was some heavy riffs and fast drum beats/tracks.  Did I listen for Creed comparison?  NO.

I enjoy the back and forth.  Please continue.   :coffee:

#21 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Diapered! :rotf:

#22 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,174 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

listened to a smidgen of a few songs...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GARBAGE!!! I'D REALLY RATHER LAY ON MY SIDE UNDER THE DHJ AND LET THE SHIT THAT DROPS FROM THE COW INTO THE DHJ's EAR SPILL INTO MY EAR THAN TO LISTEN TO THAT SHIT EVER AGAIN!!!! :joker:

HOLLY FUCKING SHIT MUSIC BATMAN...WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST DO TO MY BRAIN?!?

:funny1:

....not my cup of tea per se...i can get that metal-light fix from listening to Chevelle... but i'm not going to stick darning needles into my eardrums over it either

#23 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

If live to see a cow shit on a dog and then couple with the dog's shit as it dribbles into someone's ear.

Maybe have the cakefarts girl there to provide some kind of music. Maybe she'll take eels in her ass too.

#24 hippieskichick

hippieskichick
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,928 posts
  • LocationAlbany NY

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would think, since folks on here are music lovers, that most people would look at a new band/album/whatever with a fresh set of eyes, Instead of automatically dumping them in a prejudged category, for whatever reason. Imo that's the fairest thing you can do for musicians.

But hey, listen, and form your own opinions. No need to get nasty just because you don't like something.

And Java, you're a silly kid.

#25 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Speaking of fresh eyes, have you seen eel soup?

#26 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,181 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

You must have missed the part where I said I listened to the first three songs and shook my head and killed it. I'm always open to new shit.

In no way was I nasty to you. I'm not the one calling people cocksuckers and dick pickles. I just have my opinion. Sorry your favorite band sucks and sounds like anal discharge post surgery where the poo sticks to everything.